• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Is it not as it was fortold by Vastradamas, Jakncoke? Will'st thou persistently deny that which thou hast beheld with thine eyes?

Yay, Vastradamas' legend yet grows.

But any fallback in the situational hitting might be counterbalanced by the comeback of the power this team has been lacking but everyone knows is there.

As for the pitching...I actually believe this is where Chris Carpenter fits in. He's real close to being sent down for the rehab assignment. When there, he'll be stretched out as a starter. I think they'll use every second of those 30 days. Should he come out of that feeling fine (still a big IF), they'll bring him up and the Cards are going to do a hybrid 6 man rotation. Carp will go to the pen but start on occasion to let Miller/Gast/Wacha/Lyons (whichever 2 of those 4 or left when Westbrook and Gast come back) skip a start. The Cards broadcasters have already shared that Mo has told them that Shelby Miller is on a Strasburg-like innings limit but they have a plan to insure that doesn't mean a September shutdown.

If all else fails...we've got the depth to make an impact move or 2 towards the deadline. Although the most I can see us trying to do is go after a guy like Bud Norris but I don't think we'll even reach that far. Today proved that every guy on that bench can step up and contribute should they be called upon.
A bit late on this reply but...

I sure hope our power outage is a temporary thing and not Yadi falling back to earth after a career year (powerwise, he's second in the NL in average right now wtf), Holliday starting his age related decline, or Craig getting exposed with more time in the league. Who knows but that's why we watch the games, right?

Counting on an oft-injured 38 year old guy to solve our inevitable rotation issues is a bit of a stretch, even if he's done the Lazarus act before. Maybe he still has something left but he surely didn't look like vintage Carp in his few starts last year. I do think we'll have to deal for a starter at some point - hoping we don't have to give up anything significant unless we make a big splash.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't know where to find it, but I'm pretty sure that the Astros lead the league in Double Plays turned.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So it looks like the 2013 Mets are singlehandedly screwing the 1962 Mets.

Poetic, in a terribly sad way.

Talon

6.5 game lead with CF and RF being black holes, two major injuries in the pen, and pitching being average in the past month.

Can't complain.

This Angels team is just...

ibxGxTPa9iubHZ.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Now that the Astros have all their wins for the month already won, this next series with the O's should be a breeze.

dmag1223

Dusty Baker when asked why he didn't bring in Chapman for the 4 out save to face the lefty Jones:

"Why don't you come down and manage the team?"

What a clown.

MiKeD

Banned
The Marlins may be a joke, but once Stanton comes back, I really can't wait to see Ozuna and Stanton in the lineup together (and preferably hitting b2b).

BEGIN THE PARADE! YASIEL "THE CUBAN HAMMER" PUIG HAS GRACED THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS WITH HIS CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENCE! ALL ABOARD THE TRAIN TO VICTORY!

2Crisis

from espn

Cubs pitcher Jeff Samardzija accused Diamondbacks third base coach Matt Williams of staring him down Saturday night. Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson was irked. "He didn't get the win did he?" Gibson said. "Maybe next time he should just shut ... up and pitch."

haha. Samardzija Mad salty

JDHarbs

LOL, Darvish denied his 8th win again. At least the team didn't squander his pitching this time.
My Royals may not be able to hit water if they fell out of a boat, but they have some excellent pitching. Surprised Santana was able to go toe-to-toe with Darvish today.

Branduil

My Royals may not be able to hit water if they fell out of a boat, but they have some excellent pitching. Surprised Santana was able to go toe-to-toe with Darvish today.

Santana is having a pretty good year. I bet the Angels wish they had him back now, LOL.

I enjoyed how when Yadi was ejected, he started towards the ump, dropped back a bit, then charged ahead again once his bro was in between him. You so tough, man.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah I feel bad for Shields. Dude has somehow less run support then he had with the Rays. Who somehow of course have one of the best offenses in baseball this year.

JDHarbs

Yeah I feel bad for Shields. Dude has somehow less run support then he had with the Rays. Who somehow of course have one of the best offenses in baseball this year.
Yeah, all of KC feels pretty bad for him. I wouldn't blame him if he requested a trade like Grienkie did.

Top Bottom