• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

newjeruse

Why not move the deadlie up to All Star Week? That way you get the excitement of the ASG, and then you also have big news surrounding the game in the days after. Teams that are playing the waiting game to buy or sell have to make a hard decision.

Obviously waiver wire still plays a part, but at least the trade deadline wouldn't be as lame as fuck.
If anything it will be moved back. The extra playoff slots means teams are in the hunt for longer.

zulux21

With Norris now in Baltimore, Erik Bedard becomes the highest-paid player on the Astros' roster at just $1.15MM -- an unthinkable concept in today's game.

I don't know if I should laugh at that, or just be sad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The real solution is to simply get rid of the August 31st deadline. Simply make it so all trades have to be complete by July 31st or a player is only eligible for your playoff roster if he's in your organization by August 1st.

Guess we're going to war with a theoretically healed Jeter, a theoretically healed Granderson, and a functional Soriano to help Cano and the others score runs.

...is there a baseball equivalent of tanking? Because the Yankees should just do that.

Sanjuro

Guess we're going to war with a theoretically healed Jeter, a theoretically healed Granderson, and a functional Soriano to help Cano and the others score runs.

...is there a baseball equivalent of tanking? Because the Yankees should just do that.

SpIsTXl.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Mets Alderson on why he didn't trade Byrd: "How we perform in the second half was important to us as an organization."

Literally laughing at these quotes. Striving to finish the season .500 is what matters for the Mets I guess.

The Mariners standing pat is the funniest shit. Who the fuck are they trying to kid?

“Again, I think from an organizational standpoint, there is a commitment from us to the players,” Zduriencik said. “And I hope that this message, the fact that we kept this group of guys together, I hope they together realize that, ‘OK, so we believe in what you’re doing. We believe that you guys can compete. And let’s continue to do that. Let’s continue to play good baseball.’ ”

Chuck

Still without luck
lol, Bud Norris is going to start tomorrow against his recently former team.

And the Astros got Hoes...in their lineup tonight. Hoes against O's.

edit: Hoes at bat and sends the ball to where he was supposed to play, centerfield.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lol, Bud Norris is going to start tomorrow against his recently former team.

And the Astros got Hoes...in their lineup tonight. Hoes against O's.

edit: Hoes at bat and sends the ball to where he was supposed to play, centerfield.

Bud Norris gonna set a career high for strike outs.

harSon

Banned
They finally got to Locke :( He's been due for a bad game considering the way he pitches. And we always go through a mini funk once the mainstream media gives us recognition....

Worst trade deadline ever. The second wild cards have really fucked the trade deadline up. Get rid of the waiver bullshit and just made the real trade deadline August 15 now.

jakncoke

Banned
What was out there worth trading for? I also doubt that losing a backup catcher is some big hit.

No losing that back up catcher is awesome. Havent you been reading about me wanting him DFA'd. Also i dunno fucking anything, with our current bats this team wont do much in the playoff and the pitching staff is on pins and needles from falling apart. We've had a lot go our way.

Top Bottom