• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

sangreal

Several sources have told "Outside the Lines" that some MLB officials have pushed for a lifetime ban, saying they would rather force Rodriguez to defend himself than agree to a suspension that allows him play while he appeals.

You need to let it go, Torre

Chuck

Still without luck
It seems I've teleported back in time to 2007 or 2008, when the O's would lose 11-0 against the Houston Astros.

Fucking atrociously embarrassing. Everyone on the team should feel unbelievable shame at this disgusting performance they put on today; a team that's supposed to be in a Pennant race. Fucking vomit inducing game.

Indians blow it in the 9th giving up two runs, followed by the White Sox blowing it in the 9th and giving up two runs to tie it. Cabrera proving his worthlessness lately at bat by striking out, so we're going to extras.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
pirates.jpg

zulux21

WOOOO!!! Carlos Santana with the HR! The Indians magical ride continues :D

so does the white sox unmagical ride to first pick next year :p
both the marlins and astros won, so the white sox take over second worst team in baseball from the marlins and are closing in on the astros *does a happy dance lol*

so does the white sox unmagical ride to first pick next year :p
both the marlins and astros won, so the white sox take over second worst team in baseball from the marlins and are closing in on the astros *does a happy dance lol*

I'll tell you man, you guys played us hard all 3 games this series. I'm usually pretty negative during these and thought you would win them all, especially tonight.

Doesn't matter what the records are, you guys all play the Tribe hard.

zulux21

What's that, like the 9th walk off win for the Indians this year? Crazy.

playing the white sox tends to help with that stat :p
I'll tell you man, you guys played us hard all 3 games this series. I'm usually pretty negative during these and thought you would win them all, especially tonight.

Doesn't matter what the records are, you guys all play the Tribe hard.

the tribe is like 10-2 against the white sox this season now :p
even if the white sox are in position to win they will find a way to screw things up... while I was happy to see ozzie gullien leave the white sox (horrible horrible manager I will take ron washington over an ozzie return anyday ~reference to earlier dare in this thread :p) I don't think robin ventura is the answer... he seems like a nice guy and is well liked, but he doesn't seem to have the ability to help straighten mental issues with players (aka keep them from making a number of super stupid errors) nor the ability to really fire the team up. (plus he is to traditional)

Really I would love to see the white sox get a manager who isn't so traditional... stats have evolved recently and it would be nice to have a manager who plays the stats instead of going ... hey that batter is left handed... I MUST USE A LEFT HANDED RELIEVER!!!!!!!!!! :/ (or that pitcher is right handed i must stock my line up with left handers) I understand in general batters do better against pitchers that are opposite of what they bat, but that is not a general truth :/

What's that, like the 9th walk off win for the Indians this year? Crazy.

It was a hell of a come back, considering how lifeless everything became when they gave up 2 in the top of the 9th.

Of course the fucking Tigers win again today. What the hell, National League? A little help here!

cashman

Banned
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

RGVNOE

even worse is the fact that MO didn't feel the urgency to make a move, they need to do something to jump start them again

Talon

Espinosa: "They're good. I don't think they're better than us."

Strasburg: "Honestly, I think our lineup is better."

Can't forget the great outing Corey Kluber had today. 8 2/3 IP, 6 strikeouts, no walks. Just one bad inning with 3 doubles that got him into trouble.

Jenrry Mejia's 2013 so far:

13 IP, 3 ER, 11 K, 1 BB, 13 H

His WHIP is just above 1.00, which is outstanding, only thing is sometimes his fastball doesn't cut as much and becomes too hittable. Probably can work on that since right now he has a full arsenal of pitches. The 11:1 K:BB ratio is obviously phenomenal and a sign of good things to come.

Only saw one real good change up tonight from him -- if he can develop that pitch further with his brand new slider he definitely can be a top of the line starter in 2014. All in all a pretty valuable piece to have after slot of people thought he might be done after TJ surgery.

Going into play on August 1, the Pirates will have the best record in MLB.

Not even the 2013 team could manage to collapse again, right?

Top Bottom