• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

zychi

Banned
The White Sox are a pathetic joke. The Cubs are purposely tanking to rebuild, yet the White Sox are 2nd to worst and can't muster 5k attendance.

a check and a fishing rod? that's worse than texas
What'd he get from Texas?

IYe0P7c.png

rando14

lol this game is still going

edit: holy shit just saw that throw by saunders, gat dam

edit2: are you fucking kidding me lmao

zulux21

The White Sox are a pathetic joke. The Cubs are purposely tanking to rebuild, yet the White Sox are 2nd to worst and can't muster 5k attendance.

they aren't a complete joke they at least have a few good young pitchers.... but beyond that they have..... yeah.... drawing a blank lol... they need a lot of fixing for the offense but the pitching actually isn't that bad, the team era is bloated by the horrible defense the team has been playing this year as well as the two huge holes in the relievers

as for only drawing 5k people... unfortunately white sox fans in general hate watching losing games and will stop showing up to games if it becomes more likely they will see a loss than a win :p

Meier

I get the idea of going for it. We haven't done shit, so a lead-off double could be key while a single could be easily wasted.. but damn.

harSon

Banned
Going into play on August 1, the Pirates will have the best record in MLB.

Not even the 2013 team could manage to collapse again, right?

They set the record last year. They were 17 games over .500 and ended the season 4 under. We're currently 23 games over .500. We'd have to eclipse last year's collapse by 7 games at this point. There's 55 games left in the season, so we'd have to go 15-40 the rest of the season to finish under .500

I get the idea of going for it. We haven't done shit, so a lead-off double could be key while a single could be easily wasted.. but damn.
If it was anybody other than A-Gon it would've made sense. The dude is slower than molasses. I don't know why Lopes didn't stop him.

rando14

They set the record last year. They were 17 games over .500 and ended the season 4 under. We're currently 23 games over .500. We'd have to eclipse last year's collapse by 7 games at this point. There's 55 games left in the season, so we'd have to go 15-40 the rest of the season to finish under .500

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-gif.gif

zulux21

ooh so they would have to play like the white sox lol
May 26th the white sox were 24-24
they are now 40-65
which means the white sox have gone 16- 41 since then lol a massive .280 winning percent :p

RBH

Kansas City won their eighth straight game with a 4-3 victory over the Twins on Wednesday night.

The Royals are above .500 at the end of July for the first time since 2003. At 53-51, they are two games over the break-even mark for the first time since May 17. They remained seven games behind Detroit in the AL Central race and 4 1/2 games back of second-place Cleveland, the current holder of the second wild card spot.

Top Bottom