• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

DOYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

muxSuFG.gif

zulux21

Fucking shit offense. It's always like this for Kershaw. Kuroda knows that feel.

Kershaw average run support after this game 3.22 runs (dodgers average runs per game 3.95)
Kuroda average run support after this game 3.45 (yankees average runs per game 3.85)
Chris Sale average run support 2.63 :/ (white sox average runs per game 3.71)

sale really knows that feel :(

Kershaw average run support after this game 3.22 runs (dodgers average runs per game 3.95)
Kuroda average run support after this game 3.45 (yankees average runs per game 3.85)

Even Sale? Nobody is safe.

Well he better get ready another dose of no run support, going against Masterson tomorrow. He's been fantastic in the past month, even taking out Texas's ace.

It's weird, because I thought they scratched Sale for the 4th games yesterday, but now in the matchups I see him there again.

zulux21

Well he better get ready another dose of no run support, going against Masterson tomorrow. He's been fantastic in the past month, even taking out Texas's ace.

It's weird, because I thought they scratched Sale for the 4th games yesterday, but now in the matchups I see him there again.

it should be a low scoring game in general, last time sale pitched he pitched a complete game, 1 run.... loss :/

on the plus side the white sox game is the free game of the day tomorrow so I will get to watch it and see how bad the white sox look lol

Even Sale? Nobody is safe.

Max Scherzer is safe lol. Average run support when he starts... 6.14 including 4 different times the tigers put up double digit support for him lol...
average tigers runs per game 5.18... so it's not surprising he gets more run support though, but still he is well above the team average.

it should be a low scoring game in general, last time sale pitched he pitched a complete game, 1 run.... loss :/

on the plus side the white sox game is the free game of the day tomorrow so I will get to watch it and see how bad the white sox look lol

Awesome, glad you can watch it. Enjoy the Loss! :D

lol, sorry, I think you're a pretty cool dude for a White Sox fan. :p

zulux21

Awesome, glad you can watch it. Enjoy the Loss! :D

lol, sorry, I think you're a pretty cool dude for a White Sox fan. :p

don't apologize... I don't know if you have noticed but I have been rooting for the white sox to lose lol. this season is a complete lost cause so I might as well root for them to get the top draft pick :p

i mean heck I am sitting here thinking about the fact that the trade chips I would have like to seen moved but didn't will at the worst case make their way to the playoff teams if they are claimed, and most won't be claimed lol so there is still hopes for getting rid of players.... I would giggle with delight if someone claimed dunn (then likely cry if they didn't at the worst case just dump him on the claiming team)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jenrry Mejia's 2013 so far:

13 IP, 3 ER, 11 K, 1 BB, 13 H

His WHIP is just above 1.00, which is outstanding, only thing is sometimes his fastball doesn't cut as much and becomes too hittable. Probably can work on that since right now he has a full arsenal of pitches. The 11:1 K:BB ratio is obviously phenomenal and a sign of good things to come.

Only saw one real good change up tonight from him -- if he can develop that pitch further with his brand new slider he definitely can be a top of the line starter in 2014. All in all a pretty valuable piece to have after slot of people thought he might be done after TJ surgery.
A 2015 rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Mejia, Syndergaard, and Montero would be pretty sick. I'm not sure what the Mets' position player prospects look like for that year, but it should be a fun team to watch.

Of course, I hope they all suck and then get traded but, you know.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
A 2015 rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Mejia, Syndergaard, and Montero would be pretty sick. I'm not sure what the Mets' position player prospects look like for that year, but it should be a fun team to watch.

Of course, I hope they all suck and then get traded but, you know.
It's really too bad the Twins & Mets can't just form a super team. I have no clue where the Twins are going to get front line starting pitching. Hopefully Meyer is ready next season, but beyond that anyone exciting is super raw.

CygnusXS

It's really too bad the Twins & Mets can't just form a super team. I have no clue where the Twins are going to get front line starting pitching. Hopefully Meyer is ready next season, but beyond that anyone exciting is super raw.
Twins and Braves could match up. Sano for two of our pitching prospects. Like Graham or Sims + Cody Martin.

After the Nationals got creamed 11-1 by the Tigers, Bryce Harper made an impassioned plea to everyone that he still believes they can make the playoffs and to not give up on them.
That's the biggest thing right now. You have to have heart. You have to play as a family. Everybody has to want it, starting with the manager on down to everybody. Everybody wants to win this and keep going and what not. We need to keep doing that. We need to keep going, play better, get better, better ABs in certain situations and pitch better also. It's just something we need to do.

We play the Braves nine games. This isn't over. I really don't think it's over. So we have to keep going, keep grinding, and try to be the family that we were last year. I'm not the one to speak on it. I try to be a leader, but I'm younger. I think there are things we can do better, and I think everybody knows it. We are a better team than we are showing now. We can't worry about the Braves. We have to worry about staying out of fourth or fifth place. … One game at a time. We have to play these last two months as if we will never play this game again.

We have two more months of baseball. If we play what we are capable of playing, we will win this and we will do this, and I know it for a fact, because we have a great team, we have a great organization, we have guys on this team that are unbelievable. We have to keep going, keep grinding and do the things that we need to do.

Nationals manager Davey Johnson was asked after the game to reflect upon his "World Series or bust" declaration during spring training and if he regretted it.
I don’t regret saying "World Series or bust". It looks more like bust. This is my last go-around, anyway. What I want to do is what’s best for the organization. I want this ball club to continue being a first-division ball club. The Lerner family has done ... Rizzo has done that. We’re just not holding up our end on the field. They’re going to run me out of here, anyway. But I am optimistic with this team.

Going into play on Thursday with 54 games remaining, the defending NL East champion Nationals are four games under .500 at 52-56. They presently sit a full 11 games back of the Braves in the NL East and 7.5 games back of Reds, who currently own the second NL Wild Card.

alstein

Twins and Braves could match up. Sano for two of our pitching prospects. Like Graham or Sims + Cody Martin.

Salcedo's showing signs of making it, and Chris Johnson is hitting .340 despite the iron glove.

The Braves have good players just about anywhere, but no real franchise players.

jakncoke

Banned
Going into play on August 1, the Pirates will have the best record in MLB.

Not even the 2013 team could manage to collapse again, right?

We'll have to go 16-40 to not hit .500. We're like 10-11 games above the 6th place team. It'll take another record slump to not hit .500 and epic fail to not at least get a 2nd wild card. It can happen our finishing record the past 2 seasons wasnt much better than 16-40 but damn if a lot of things would have to go wrong for that to happen.

After the Nationals got creamed 11-1 by the Tigers, Bryce Harper made an impassioned plea to everyone that he still believes they can make the playoffs and to not give up on them.

Nationals manager Davey Johnson was asked after the game to reflect upon his "World Series or bust" declaration during spring training and if he regretted it.

Going into play on Thursday with 54 games remaining, the defending NL East champion Nationals are four games under .500 at 52-56. They presently sit a full 11 games back of the Braves in the NL East and 7.5 games back of Reds, who currently own the second NL Wild Card.

Harper may be a bit douchey but I really respect that quote of his, you can tell he has a love and passion for the game and competition that is unmatched. He always goes all out when playing and leaves everything on the field, and even though he is young he has had to step up as the leader of the team because no one else is willing to. It may be too little too late for them but I respect where he is coming from, trying to ignite the team. Meanwhile Davey Johnson looks like he wants to get the heck outta dodge as soon as possible.

We'll have to go 16-40 to not hit .500. We're like 10-11 games above the 6th place team. It'll take another record slump to not hit .500 and epic fail to not at least get a 2nd wild card. It can happen our finishing record the past 2 seasons wasnt much better than 16-40 but damn if a lot of things would have to go wrong for that to happen.
I doubt it will happen. There is a clear difference between this pirates team and the ones of the past couple of years, if it would have happened it would have started against the cardinals most likely but this past week has shown that the bucs are here to stay. Their bats are relatively disappointing but the team is playing with much more confidence which can go a long way.

CygnusXS

Salcedo's showing signs of making it, and Chris Johnson is hitting .340 despite the iron glove.

The Braves have good players just about anywhere, but no real franchise players.
I'd certainly rather have Sano then either of those two players. And I'd argue that Heyward and Simmons are franchise players. Both have 6+ win potential. Heyward was worth that much just last year, and Simmons just needs to hit a little more consistently.

Branduil

This is what happens when you shut down one of your best pitchers in a year where you actually do have a chance to win it all.

Meier

Was still 0-0 when I went to bed. Poor Clayton.. it's unfair that he doesn't have 20-25 more career wins by now. Kuroda was repeatedly screwed when he was with us too.. sorry to hear the Stanks are repeating history.

Top Bottom