• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I would take more pleasure in this if Shane Victorino was still on the team. He was the only guy I truly disliked during that whole run. Papelbon is the new target, but it's only fun when he's blowing saves.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Braves have now had two streaks of 10 consecutive wins this season. The Marlins franchise has never had one, ever.

zulux21

i just noticed that the yankees are tied with KC in the standings (well technically KC has a slight edge with win percent :p)

I do wonder when the top 3 teams in the AL central will cool down though, if this keeps on for too much longer (well like two more weeks :p) both wild card leaders would be in the AL central, which would be odd given how things looked at the all star break lol

Montero needs to ask Tony Bosch for a refund. I find it incredibly stupid that a concentration of athletes are being linked to one clinic. You'd think they'd be a bit more shrewd and discrete about doing something so disastrous to your career as a baseball player.

rekameohs

Banned
hahahahaha

tumblr_m43lr0cdaf1qg933zo1_500.gif

Alright Tigers, bring it. If we can't at LEAST split with you, we honestly don't deserve a wild card.

If we take 3 of 4, I can see us making a serious run for the division.

Alright Tigers, bring it. If we can't at LEAST split with you, we honestly don't deserve a wild card.

If we take 3 of 4, I can see us making a serious run for the division.

I'm excited to play this series, especially given the small 3 game lead. I do however would rather play in Tampa Bay or Citi Field, I cannot stand the drum beating old man or the obnoxious fans in the dugout seats at Progressive.

12 games back... Nat's

I'm not a huge fan of baseball, just getting into the sport, but from what I know of other sports it seems that going .500 isn't just an indication of coaching or management but with deep seeded issues wth your roster?

Or do teams in baseball have down years where they go .500, make no real changes and the year after that play playoff baseball?

eznark

Banned
Will Matt Kemp refuse to play with Hanley Ramirez after today? I mean..if Matt Kemp ever actually decides to play baseball again?

Meier

Will Matt Kemp refuse to play with Hanley Ramirez after today? I mean..if Matt Kemp ever actually decides to play baseball again?

I hadn't heard HanRam being implicated before. Are you just speculating or is there something that ties him to Biogenesis too?

aFIGurANT

I'm not a huge fan of baseball, just getting into the sport, but from what I know of other sports it seems that going .500 isn't just an indication of coaching or management but with deep seeded issues wth your roster?

Or do teams in baseball have down years where they go .500, make no real changes and the year after that play playoff baseball?

Depends on the roster...the Nationals are vastly underperforming offensively and Starting Pitching-wise so they're someone who could figure it out at any time technically. But it takes a team stepping up at once to get things rolling. It's not as easy as other sports where just one or two guys can carry a team.

cashman

Banned

Bad coaching will lose you a game here or there, but for the most part its on the players.

i just noticed that the yankees are tied with KC in the standings (well technically KC has a slight edge with win percent :p)

I do wonder when the top 3 teams in the AL central will cool down though, if this keeps on for too much longer (well like two more weeks :p) both wild card leaders would be in the AL central, which would be odd given how things looked at the all star break lol

I'm just glad the Tigers/Indians series starts tonight. Finally we'll have a chance to gain ground on SOMEBODY. Watch, it'll be the first time in history both teams win.

RBH

iOm34hLGbfNJI.png

ibmRaKLNTsQQ0u.png

So we got around 50 games left in the season. How do you guys see the Wild Card spots ending up?

I'm thinking:

AL -> Boston and Baltimore
NL -> Pittsburgh and Cincinnati

Vyse24

@Ken_Rosenthal: Among players accepting 50-game suspensions: #Rangers’ Cruz, #Tigers’ Peralta, #Phlllies’ Bastardo, #Mets’ Valdespin, #Padres’ Cabrera.
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/364423822755102720

Also suspended: #Yankees’ Cervelli, #Mariners’ Montero, #Mets’ Puello, #Astros’ Escalona, #Padres’ De Los Santos, #Yankees’ F. Martinez.
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/364425186675671040

Free-agent pitcher Jordan Norberto also among suspensions.
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/364425186675671040

Talon

Loldespin

@Ken_Rosenthal: Also suspended: #Yankees’ Cervelli, #Mariners’ Montero, #Mets’ Puello, #Astros’ Escalona, #Padres’ De Los Santos, #Yankees’ F. Martinez.

Happy MLB Suspension Day!

Full list:
-- Antonio Bastardo
-- Ryan Braun
-- Everth Cabrera
-- Francisco Cervelli
-- Nelson Cruz
-- Fautino de los Santos
-- Sergio Escalona
-- Fernando Martinez
-- Jesus Montero
-- Jordan Norberto
-- Jhonny Peralta
-- Cesar Puello
-- Alex Rodriguez
-- Jordany Valdespin

All players agreed to a 50-game suspension with, not ironically, roughly 50 games left in the MLB season.

Braun, of course, was already suspended for the remainder of 2013. A-Rod is appealing his suspension, so he will continue playing.

Rodriguez is facing a suspension through the end of the 2014 season. MLB's investigation showed that A-Rod's rabbit hole went a bit deeper. He supposedly attempted to purchase Biogenesis documents with the intent to destroy them. He also supposedly attempted to bribe someone in the investigation to withhold information from MLB.

It was determined that the previous suspensions of Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon, and Yasmani Grandal were related to Biogenesis. MLB decided no further punishment was necessary and they had already served their time.

Antonio Bastardo, Sergio Escalona, and Jordany Valdespin were the three previous unknown players that Jon Heyman reported Sunday night would be suspended.

Gio Gonzalez and Danny Valencia were the two players whose names showed up in the investigation, but were cleared. The substances they acquired are not banned by MLB.

The name of Robinson Cano's charity spokeswoman, Sonia Cruz, showed up in documents. It was determined that Cruz was acting on her own behalf and Cano was not involved in her dealings.

So the lesson here is that you should just have somebody you know get steroids for you.

Or not go where everyone is going in. How all these players are linked to the same clinic is beyond me.

Fuck Peralta and Cruz for fucking my fantasy teams up. Watch The Mets pay Nelson Cruz lol

Top Bottom