• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The issue with A-Rod is that he did multiple things to break rules, which could technically count as (at least) three separate suspensions. In exchange for not counting them as three suspensions and banning him for life, MLB wanted him to take a deal to be suspended through 2014.

And yet he didn't take the deal and they didn't ban him for life? Why is that?

The issue with A-Rod is that he did multiple things to break rules, which could technically count as (at least) three separate suspensions. In exchange for not counting them as three suspensions and banning him for life, MLB wanted him to take a deal to be suspended through 2014.

But how many things can the MLB and Selig do to "count" as strikes against the PED rule? Why didn't all the shit Braun did count as a strike and give him a 100 game suspension? Why is this all arbitrary and essentially up to Bud's whims? If A-Rod were not an unlikable douche, if he were not making $30 million a year, if he weren't a Yankee and if he weren't over the hill, would this punishment be the same? I doubt it.

And yet he didn't take the deal and they didn't ban him for life? Why is that?

Because A-Rod has tested negative on every drug test he's ever taken from 2004 and beyond and will lawyer up. His career would already be over if he had to sit out until 2015 anyways. The only difference is the Yankees wouldn't have to pay him if he's banned for life. But let's be honest here: A-Rod's already rich as fuck. $114 million is nothing to him anymore probably.

sangreal

The only precedent for trying to charge someone for multiple violations at once under the drug policy is some non-union minor league player. The agreement means nothing if you can count every violation as a separate offense. Every PED user violates the policy repeatedly, each time they dose.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Because A-Rod has tested negative on every drug test he's ever taken from 2004 and beyond and will lawyer up. His career would already be over if he had to sit out until 2015 anyways. The only difference is the Yankees wouldn't have to pay him if he's banned for life. But let's be honest here: A-Rod's already rich as fuck. $114 million is nothing to him anymore probably.

Thats exactly my point.

They don't have any failed results, all they have is documentation that he's bought PEDs. How can you get 211 games out of that? They aren't saying this counts as 1 failed test, or 2 failed tests, or 3, its just a completely arbitrary decision that doesn't go with the actual agreement.

Every other player involved with this outside of Braun got treated exactly like this was a first time offense.

I'm excited to play this series, especially given the small 3 game lead. I do however would rather play in Tampa Bay or Citi Field, I cannot stand the drum beating old man or the obnoxious fans in the dugout seats at Progressive.

Dude, it's not as bad as that damn Atlanta Braves trademark stealing whoa a ohhhh from the Seminoles. Will never forget that from the 95 series.

Anyway, it should be a good series. The pitching matchups are interesting, we're brining up Danny Salazar again to replace Ubaldo's turn (thank god)

JABEE

I'm rooting for the Yankees having to pay the rest of A Rod's contract. A Rod is going to be pushing around a walker before he retires and lets the Yankees out of that contract.

cashman

Banned
I hope they banish him from the clubhouse for the rest of the year for wrecking the team's playoff chances. I would like nothing more to see him never set foot on a baseball field again. Fuck that guy. Nothing but the worst, Nelson! Choke on a dick.
They still probably make the playoffs without Cruz. The schedule for the rest of the year is soft. And yes I'll be more than happy to see Cruz come back for the playoffs.

Malvingt2

JIM BOWDEN‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
Michael Weiner says he doesn't expect a ruling on Alex Rodriguez until Nov or Dec by arbitrator Frederic Horowitz because of due process

Imaging the Yankees in the World Series lol

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Didn't realize it until now but the yanks third basemen have been the worst in baseball at hitting. 51 wRC+

Holy Shit, Jordany "im the man rie naw" Valdespin was juicing?? Fuck him

jordany-valdespin-300x400.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
ARod gets to play out the year. Imagine he leads them to the playoffs.
If he hit a game winning walk off dinger, rounded the bases with his middle fingers held high, did a DX-crotch chop when he reached the plate, then shot a syringe full of juice right into his ass cheek on the field during a playoff game I'd actually be okay with the Yankees winning a game for once!

h3ro

If he hit a game winning walk off dinger, rounded the bases with his middle fingers held high, did a DX-crotch chop when he reached the plate, then shot a syringe full of juice right into his ass cheek on the field during a playoff game I'd actually be okay with the Yankees winning a game for once!

That would pretty much be the greatest thing ever.

sangreal

If he hit a game winning walk off dinger, rounded the bases with his middle fingers held high, did a DX-crotch chop when he reached the plate , then shot a syringe full of juice right into his ass cheek on the field during a playoff game I'd actually be okay with the Yankees winning a game for once!

fucking ichiro

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Wasn't that an episode of Eastbound & Down?

Yankees lineup just posted by Girardi:

1. Brett Gardner - CF
2. Alfonso Soriano - DH
3. Robinson Cano - 2B
4. Alex Rodriguez - 3B
5. Vernon Wells - 1B
6. Curtis Granderson - LF
7. Ichiro Suzuki - RF
8. Eduardo Nunez - SS
9. Chris Stewart - C

verbum

Man, if the Braves can win this 3 game series against the Nats, it would stick a dagger in their hopes of a comeback.
Strasberg vs Minor.

Should be a good game.

Eric Byrnes is on MLB Network explaining that he didn't do steroids because he was afraid of losing his hair and his testicles shrinking. "I didn't really care about cheating the game or whatever."

Good shit, Eric.

Riggs

Banned
MLB the Show bros, anyway to get my home crowd to cheer for me when I walk up to the plate? Even in multi home run games these fuckers never cheer me. Stats are very good btw I perform, just think its a bug. Away crowds boo the hell out of me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MLB the Show bros, anyway to get my home crowd to cheer for me when I walk up to the plate? Even in multi home run games these fuckers never cheer me. Stats are very good btw I perform, just think its a bug. Away crowds boo the hell out of me.

Maybe you're just destined to be the Alex Rodriguez of video games.

Sanjuro

I personally hope A-Rod leads the Yankees to the postseason capturing each series MVP award...even if only to overshadow Mariano's tainted career.

h3ro

Yankees lineup just posted by Girardi:

1. Brett Gardner - CF
2. Alfonso Soriano - DH
3. Robinson Cano - 2B
4. Alex Rodriguez - 3B
5. Vernon Wells - 1B
6. Curtis Granderson - LF
7. Ichiro Suzuki - RF
8. Eduardo Nunez - SS
9. Chris Stewart - C
ujiiU.jpg