• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

3N16MA

Banned
A-Rod and Cervelli are good friends, he just wanted to hit HRs and get chicks.

Montero is trying to win the trade for the Yankees.

Fatalah

Took a stroll to Bryant Park on this beautiful day in NYC. Spotted the Post's cover on the walk over, headline: "Go A-way". Here at the park, I hear several conversations about Alex.

Today is A-Rod day.

RBH

Took a stroll to Bryant Park on this beautiful day in NYC. Spotted the Post's cover on the walk over, headline: "Go A-way". Here at the park, I hear several conversations about Alex.

Today is A-Rod day.

a-rod.jpg

So, Nelson Cruz told the Rangers he was going to appeal his suspension. So naturally, he changed his mind at the last second and didn't. The Rangers are pissed.

Fucking Cruz. Oh well, whoever replaces him is an instant huge upgrade in the outfield. Hopefully Moreland can continue hitting well. Pitchers like Harrison and Colby come back and maybe we don't need as much offense.

Regarding ARod, maybe I am mistaken, but hasn't he never failed an actual drug test? Did the MLB learn nothing from the NFL and Saints vendetta against those players? I can't stand him, but it would be hilarious if he wins in court.

sangreal

Fucking Cruz. Oh well, whoever replaces him is an instant huge upgrade in the outfield. Hopefully Moreland can continue hitting well. Pitchers like Harrison and Colby come back and maybe we don't need as much offense.

Regarding ARod, maybe I am mistaken, but hasn't he never failed an actual drug test? Did the MLB learn nothing from the NFL and Saints vendetta against those players? I can't stand him, but it would be hilarious if he wins in court.

Yes, which is why it is ridiculous. Bud should've sucked up his pride and handed out a 50 day suspension. Instead he is still mad that he wasn't able to nail arod and past scandals like Tony Galea and the survey tests

ESPN says the suspension through 2014 will be handed down at 3pm

Macattk15

Time for the Yanks to buy low on Montero and bring him back home.

Montero is trash. Take him back by all means. Pineda will never be what he once was either. What a shitty trade.

Who was that poster who gave me shit about me saying Justin Smoak will be better than Jesus Montero?

Really wish I could remember.

Enron

Banned
So, Nelson Cruz told the Rangers he was going to appeal his suspension. So naturally, he changed his mind at the last second and didn't. The Rangers are pissed.

I hope they banish him from the clubhouse for the rest of the year for wrecking the team's playoff chances. I would like nothing more to see him never set foot on a baseball field again. Fuck that guy. Nothing but the worst, Nelson! Choke on a dick.

hemtae

I hope they banish him from the clubhouse for the rest of the year for wrecking the team's playoff chances. I would like nothing more to see him never set foot on a baseball field again. Fuck that guy. Nothing but the worst, Nelson! Choke on a dick.

Don't worry. Manny will save you.

Malvingt2

Scott Miller‏@ScottMCBS
MLB says evidence that A-Rod used testosterone & HGH for multiple years & tried to "obstruct & frustrate" Biogenesis investigators

Hmmm

eznark

Banned

They will welcome him back with open arms if they make the playoffs.

Malvingt2

Danny Knobler‏@DannyKnoblerCBS
Nelson Cruz issues statement blaming his use of PEDs on an attempt to recover from a gastrointestinal infection

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
In statement, Nelson Cruz says a GI sickness that caused him to lose 40 pounds prompted him to make "an error in judgment I deeply regret."

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Scott Miller‏@ScottMCBS
MLB says evidence that A-Rod used testosterone & HGH for multiple years & tried to "obstruct & frustrate" Biogenesis investigators

Hmmm
Like, they have actual direct evidence that he used, not just purchased?

RBH

Danny Knobler‏@DannyKnoblerCBS
Nelson Cruz issues statement blaming his use of PEDs on an attempt to recover from a gastrointestinal infection

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
In statement, Nelson Cruz says a GI sickness that caused him to lose 40 pounds prompted him to make "an error in judgment I deeply regret."

lol

Like, they have actual direct evidence that he used, not just purchased?

According to the CBA, all the proof they need is that they purchased the stuff to hit them with a "non-analytical positive" which is treated the same as actually failing a test.

Jordan Schafer got suspended in 2008 because they were able to prove he bought HGH, even though he said he never took it and they couldn't prove he took it.

Somebody should ask Mr. High Horse Curt Schilling if using steroids is worse than stealing tens of millions of dollars in tax payer money and screwing over dozens of employers on their mortgages.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
According to the CBA, all the proof they need is that they purchased the stuff to hit them with a "non-analytical positive" which is treated the same as actually failing a test.

Jordan Schafer got suspended in 2008 because they were able to prove he bought HGH, even though he said he never took it and they couldn't prove he took it.
Well, that's bullshit. But I guess the players did agree to it, so it's their own fault.

http://i.minus.com/iOm34hLGbfNJI.png[img]

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibmRaKLNTsQQ0u.png[img]

So we got around 50 games left in the season. How do you guys see the Wild Card spots ending up?

I'm thinking:

AL -> Boston and Baltimore
NL -> Pittsburgh and Cincinnati[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty confident in two of the NL Central teams making up the NL wild cards, just not sure which ones.

AL is more up in the air, two AL East teams would probably be the best bet, but Texas could get in there as well, and maybe even Cleveland.

Is this a spot where I can bitch about how stupid a one-game playoff is for the 8 billionth time?

Macattk15

Yessssss .... found it.

It was talisayNon who proclaimed Jesus Montero was going to be way better than Smoak!

Macattk15 said:
Man.

3 years ago .... a minor league team with Smoak, Montero and Ackley would make so many people lose their minds.

I'll be sure to update you on Montero's WAR. As well as Smoak's!

talisayNon said:
just montero smoak is already a bust lolol

Campos is an overrated piece of shit. lol stupid yankee fans overrating their prospects

Stupid Mets fans.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
Michael Weiner on A-Rod: "We agree with his decision to fight his suspension. We believe that the Commissioner has not acted appropriately."

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
More from Weiner, exec director MLBPA: "Mr. Rodriguez knows that the Union, consistent with its history, will defend his rights vigorously."

oh the legal battle...

sangreal

How long before A-Rod is begging for forgiveness again? Especially if he serves his suspension and tries to play after it.

Doubt he will bother. I don't think I've seen him even deny the biogenesis stuff. All his statements are about letting the process play out

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
Michael Weiner on A-Rod: "We agree with his decision to fight his suspension. We believe that the Commissioner has not acted appropriately."

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
More from Weiner, exec director MLBPA: "Mr. Rodriguez knows that the Union, consistent with its history, will defend his rights vigorously."

oh the legal battle...

Good call, the union would be incredibly stupid not to fight any suspension outside of the agreed upon drug rules

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Selig is a dumb fuck. He's a first time offender. Give him his 50 games and move the fuck on. That's where this is headed anyway.

Yep. Other guys on the list didn't get suspended today because they already had already served a 50 game suspension for a first time offense.

He's going to win this fight. 211 games is a completely arbitrary number with no basis in the drug agreement.

sangreal

lol yankees put out a statement trashing arod for commenting about how they are trying to keep him off the field. fuck these guys

next time maybe you should let your GM decide who to sign

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Yankees in statement deny assisting MLB in investigation, trying to duck A-Rod’s contract and failing to provide him with appropriate care.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Ok so the suspensions are out... How are they going to avoid this mess in the future? Will they have an actual drug testing program or will we only know if somebody's cousin rats them out?

Selig is a dumb fuck. He's a first time offender. Give him his 50 games and move the fuck on. That's where this is headed anyway.

The issue with A-Rod is that he did multiple things to break rules, which could technically count as (at least) three separate suspensions. In exchange for not counting them as three suspensions and banning him for life, MLB wanted him to take a deal to be suspended through 2014.

Malvingt2

Jayson Stark‏@jaysonst
Not sensing much optimism within MLB that ARod case can get wrapped up in next 45 days. Lots of lawyers need to gear up for this one.

Well Yankees.... he is yours...

Top Bottom