• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Syrinx

Maybe. Keith was mentioning that it could be a career-ending injury.

Can you even walk with that kinda injury? I'd think it'd be a hard path simply to get to that point, let alone play baseball. I hope he can though. It's kinda cool to watch guys overcome injuries like those.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Can you even walk with that kinda injury? I'd think it'd be a hard path simply to get to that point, let alone play baseball. I hope he can though. It's kinda cool to watch guys overcome injuries like those.
You can't walk, no. It's tough. Think about when someone dislocates a shoulder. That shoulder is now susceptible to dislocating much more easily going forward. The hip is a much larger ball-and-socket joint than the shoulder, and has a lot more pressure and force put on it on a regular basis.

How's this for a stat?

From Elias: Mariano Rivera is the 1st Yankees pitcher to blow 3 consecutive save chances, with each coming in the 9th inning or later since John Wetteland did so August 6-11, 1995. Coincidentally, one of the games (August 10 against the Indians) was started by Mariano Rivera.

Full circle.

For his part, Mariano said:

"To Martinez, that ball was just laying right flat up. And also with Miguel," Rivera said. "You're facing professional hitters. If you don't put the ball where you need to, you're going to get hit."

(http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=330811110)

Tapper right back to Hawkins, he makes the flip AND THE BALLGAME IS OVER!

Jon Niese guts through his1st start off the DL, Andrew Brown hits a big 3-run HR and WIlmer Flores goes 2-4 with his first ML home run as the Mets win 9-5 and take 2 of 3 from the D-Backs!
mets winning again ?

Good job guys
tumblr_lelant5m851qfv33yo1_500.gif

Syrinx

I wonder what the Mets are going to do with Flores moving forward. He hasn't been terrible at third base, but obviously that spot is filled for the foreseeable future, and I don't know what other positions he can play. The guy can hit, but do the Mets have a spot for him?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I wonder what the Mets are going to do with Flores moving forward. He hasn't been terrible at third base, but obviously that spot is filled for the foreseeable future, and I don't know what other positions he can play. The guy can hit, but do the Mets have a spot for him?
Shortstop would be my guess.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
As a fan of pitching and in particular left hand pitching it's really fun to watch Kershaw when he's not throwing to the Reds.

sangreal

Glad the Yanks pulled it out, but I was at the game today and it was so disappointing seeing Mo blow another one.

All the people stopping in Manhattan to heckle me for the arod jersey made up for it though

Top Bottom