• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Random:
-Bucs get sweep against the Rockies? I know it's a road series, but come on.
-Kershaw is a wizard, but of course I'm just preaching to the converted.
-Heyward has been fire in the leadoff position.

alstein

Random:
-Bucs get sweep against the Rockies? I know it's a road series, but come on.
-Kershaw is a wizard, but of course I'm just preaching to the converted.
-Heyward has been fire in the leadoff position.

Heyward does best as a leadoff man. I'm ok if he ends up Michael Bourn instead of what the fans wished he would be.

There's no rule that says leadoff men can't be 6'6"

As for the Giants (if it happens again) , I say give them the Euro punishment for this: ban their fans from the ballpark for a day. (or make them play a home series on the road vs a non-contender)

Okay, I'm going to the game tonight (Marlins at Royals)! I haven't been to the K since early last year, what with all these kids my wife and I have been having. But one of the companies we work with at work gave us four tickets that are crazy good... like right behind home plate. So I couldn't pass that up!

Okay, I'm going to the game tonight (Marlins at Royals)! I haven't been to the K since early last year, what with all these kids my wife and I have been having. But one of the companies we work with at work gave us four tickets that are crazy good... like right behind home plate. So I couldn't pass that up!
Ill be looking for you on MLB.tv lol

Meier

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/08/jones-vents-at-giants-fan-via-twitter.html?

"First baseman Chris Davis recently stopped tweeting after growing tired of defending himself over accusations that he's used PEDs."

fuck you assholes

Davis has always been a decent power hitter when given the chance, but this year is definitely enough to make you raise your eyebrows. I wouldn't be surprised if Domonic Brown was juicing as well. I'd be shocked if he wasn't really. He had a bit over 400 ABs before this season with 12 HRs and now he has 26 in under 400? Seems suspicious to say the least.

Bring a big sign that says BELIEVE with the NeoGAF logo. If you don't, you're a fraud.

Actually, we're sitting in section 103, 5th row back:

Kauffman-Stadium-seating.gif

I woke up this morning and realized I didn't have a clean Royals t-shirt, so this is what I'll be wearing in case somebody wants to squint hard:

photo19_zps4a3fc744.jpg

(cropped so you can see NeoGAF in the BG, haha)

turnbuckle

Avila on 7 Day Concussion DL

Alex Avila was checked for concussion like symptoms before Friday's game. He was cleared to play that night but sat out and played Saturday instead. He was scheduled to start yesterday but was a late scratch. Hope everything's ok. Concussions are no joke, and I can imagine it'd be harder for a catcher to come back from one without many lingering effects than other positions. Damn.

Avila on 7 Day Concussion DL

Alex Avila was checked for concussion like symptoms before Friday's game. He was cleared to play that night but sat out and played Saturday instead. He was scheduled to start yesterday but was a late scratch. Hope everything's ok. Concussions are no joke, and I can imagine it'd be harder for a catcher to come back from one without many lingering effects than other positions. Damn.

Not good. Ill take his defensive abilities over Pena's bat any day. (Doesn't say a whole lot when Avila is batting like 198)

turnbuckle

Not good. Ill take his defensive abilities over Pena's bat any day. (Doesn't say a whole lot when Avila is batting like 198)

he hasn't been the same since the " sparks" game on sep 14th 2011. he was opsing 920ish, then batted barely .200 with no power the few weeks that remained. never been the same since, probably a coincidence but the difference is incredible.

That call by the ump was incredibly shitty, it was clearly strike three. However, Yu had 1 or 2 pitches after that to get strike 3 and failed so it's on Yu.

But worse than that call was his ejection of AJ. He was walking away and not trying to sit and argue with the ump and the ump basically follows AJ around running his mouth then throws him out. Just turn around and shut your mouth and do your job, asshole.

No hitter through 7.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fucking Corporan breaks up the no hitter with a home run.

The best part is, the Astros are still in the game, lol.

Darvish for Cy Young. He would have a record equal to Scherzer's if he had the Tigers' offense. King Felix has pitched more innings than Darvish/Scherzer

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9561163/chad-curtis-former-mlb-outfielder-trial-sex-assault-case

Yankees World Series hero Chad Curtis stood trial today in Hastings, Michigan on charges of criminal sexual conduct.

Nearly 14 years after his walk-off home run to beat the Braves in Game 3 of the 1999 World Series, Curtis, 44, is accused of five counts of criminal sexual conduct. He was arrested in May 2012 and released on $250,000 bond. Barry County prosecutors claim that Curtis inappropriately touched multiple girls aged 13-16 when he was a volunteer weight room strength trainer at a local high school.

The inappropriate conduct allegedly occurred during therapeutic assistance to an injury, but it crossed the line into touching and kissing intimate parts.

Curtis has denied the charges and is expected to plead not guilty. He faces a maximum of 15 years in prison if convicted.

aFIGurANT

Darvish > Felix when it comes to quantity of these kinds of outings, if you ask me. I have Felix on two fantasy teams and I don't think he's cracked 10 Ks more than once, maybe twice...could be totally wrong there but you hear about Darvish going the distance way more than Felix it seems to me.

In baseball podcast news Eric Karabell is taking over ESPN's Baseball Tonight podcast all week. I listened today and it was just like being back in the midst of last season's stretch run all over again, I loved it. Crossing my fingers for Simon being a guest later (today it was Schoenfield).

ToxicAdam

K's are a bit overrated as a stat. If you're hovering around 1:1 per IP, that's good enough. Anything above and beyond that is just increasing your pitch count and lessening the chance of you completing the game.

cashman

Banned
K's are a bit overrated as a stat. If you're hovering around 1:1 per IP, that's good enough. Anything above and beyond that is just increasing your pitch count and lessening the chance of you completing the game.

Strikeouts aren't that big of a problem to pitch counts as long you're not walking anybody.

Top Bottom