• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Branduil

K's are a bit overrated as a stat. If you're hovering around 1:1 per IP, that's good enough. Anything above and beyond that is just increasing your pitch count and lessening the chance of you completing the game.

That doesn't matter as much if you have a good bullpen.

Strikeouts are better than most other kinds of outs if there are any baserunners and less than 2 outs.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The ideal is a high K%, low BB%, and small pitch counts. Of course, only the elite can manage to balance all of that. Not every pitcher can do all 3, or even 2 of them at the same time.

turnbuckle

yu is the best pitcher in the al right now, Felix probably most valuable. the number of starts and innings pitched are in felix favor, darvish is just plain filthy and more dominant.

cashman

Banned
lol

aj_kulpa.0_standard_709.0.png

alstein

Come to me, Carlos Rodon.

Seen him pitch a few times as a State fan. He's going to be special. He's also pretty polished already, and he hasn't been abused the way Strasburg was. (I think the only gone over 110-120 once last year, and that was the ACCT marathon game)

rando14

Darvish > Felix when it comes to quantity of these kinds of outings, if you ask me. I have Felix on two fantasy teams and I don't think he's cracked 10 Ks more than once, maybe twice...could be totally wrong there but you hear about Darvish going the distance way more than Felix it seems to me.

I'm at a loss on how to address this post. Felix averages more innings per start than Yu, first of all. And what sense does it make to have a pitcher who has "more dominant outings" than a pitcher who is consistently very very good?

Not to say that I don't love Yu, he's my favorite pitcher in the AL after Felix and he is having a dynamite year. I'm very impressed at how quickly he's adjusted to the MLB and I would probably put money on him winning Cy next year (or even this year if Felix does poorly in the final stretch).

aFIGurANT

I'm at a loss on how to address this post. Felix averages more innings per start than Yu, first of all. And what sense does it make to have a pitcher who has "more dominant outings" than a pitcher who is consistently very very good?

Not to say that I don't love Yu, he's my favorite pitcher in the AL after Felix and he is having a dynamite year. I'm very impressed at how quickly he's adjusted to the MLB and I would probably put money on him winning Cy next year (or even this year if Felix does poorly in the final stretch).

I admit my post was mainly an intangible argument based off Felix just not having the kind of headliner performance that Yu has had (as posted) five times this year. He's carrying his team just like Felix but it's seemingly doing the same job, better. For lack of better stats etc. I'll leave it at that. I bet Darvish ends up as the favorite for the CY this year is all I'm really saying I guess.

Top Bottom