• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Link

The Autumn Wind
So the Mets got Eric Young from Colorado for Colin McHugh. They DFA'd Colin Cowgill to make room on the roster.

mlb_g_metspanel_gb3_576.jpg

1A and 1B. Also:

http://medias.gifboom.com/medias/a248bfefc6cb4004bd4eb0bca254f7d6.mp4

bnfxy5tciaejwsb.png

lawl beer shower
where do you find this shit anyway?
Google search mofo! Most of the time I type in crazy anime gif or some shit.
Frank is SO anime, yo. Im pretty sure he reads /a and gets most of these from there.
I had to Google /a to see what the fuck you where talking about.

yeah I'm not doing that again. asshole.

So the Mets got Eric Young from Colorado for Colin McHugh. They DFA'd Colin Cowgill to make room on the roster.
They also promoted Andrew Brown, corresponding move will come tomorrow. All signs pointing to Valdespin going down to AAA unless they DFA a pitcher.

Link

The Autumn Wind
They also promoted Andrew Brown, corresponding move will come tomorrow. All signs pointing to Valdespin going down to AAA.
More likely Atchison going on the DL. Keep in mind they were riding a short bench and carrying an extra reliever. Plus with Turner on the DL, they'll need Valdespin for infield depth.

More likely Atchison going on the DL. Keep in mind they were riding a short bench and carrying an extra reliever. Plus with Turner on the DL, they'll need Valdespin for infield depth.
Oh yeah forgot about Atchison. :( Sore right groin.

MetsBlog.com said:
For whatever reason, Sandy Alderson and his staff have talked about acquiring Young each of the last two winters, according to people familiar with the team’s thinking. I like him, as well. The Rockies had started using him as more of a super utility guy this season, though he’ll probably immediately slot in to center field and hit leadoff for the Mets. Young looks like a young Luis Castillo, to me. Seriously, he has a similar crouch, he slaps at the ball, he controls the bat well, he’s quick, he hustles, he bunts well and he’s a very smart base runner. The problem is, he swings at everything and is often late on fastballs. He had a nice, but brief 2012, but he is still all legs with very little power. In either case, he’s 28, under contract and earning the league minimum and still with a ton of potential. So, though he’s hardly a savior by any means, he’s a good guy to have in the mix…

As for McHugh, he is a nice pitcher, but he was never going to be great. He gave up too many home runs off fly-balls during his time with the Mets… in a pitcher’s park. So, a move to the Rockies will be interesting for him. He was designated for assignment to make room for Carlos Torres, who could have opted to leave as a free agent last week had the Mets not added him to the 25-man roster. The Mets chose Torres over McHugh, who was essentially traded off waivers. This usually means a team was going to claim him, but we’ll never really know.
Finally Mets have a leadoff hitter.

Enron

Banned
I had to Google /a to see what the fuck you where talking about.

yeah I'm not doing that again. asshole.

Uh huh. Yeah, not buying it. Someone on gaf with an extensive library of anime reaction pics and .gifs never heard of 4chan? Next you'll tell me you don't know what reddit is. Frank = busted

Our fucking ace!!!
espn.com said:
ATLANTA -- One reason why the Mets did not pursue re-signing Jon Rauch after last season? Let's just say it was known around the club that Matt Harvey was not a fan, and that the teammates had an incident last season.

In a well-written feature on the Harvey-Zack Wheeler celebration Tuesday, Jeff Passan at Yahoo! relays the story of Rauch trying to haze the sleeping rookie Harvey last season. Writes Passan:

Rauch, according to people who saw the incident, barged into the room with bucket of ice water, which he proceeded to dump on Harvey. It waterlogged Harvey's phone, which was resting on his chest as an alarm, and incited an even more electrical reaction inside Harvey.

He bounded up and challenged Rauch to a fight. Right there. Right then. He gave up 7 inches, about 75 pounds and a gallon or so of bad ink. It didn't matter that he was a rookie. Harvey would not be a joke. He would not be a punch line in Rauch's re-telling. He would not let some mediocre clown play him

turnbuckle

Well that was a wholly disappointing Tigers-O's game.

Somehow Justin Verlander has a career best 2.82 FIP / 3.12 xFIP this season. .344 BABIP is significantly higher than any of his previous years. This is one of those situations where I kinda favor the "eye test" over these advanced statistics - he just hasn't looked that good at all this season.

I believe he had 15 games a year ago where he went at least 8 innings. Zero this year.
Money well spent. At least we have Max CYherzer (for now).

MiKeD

Banned
M fans: Who the hell is your closer now and later? Medina looks like the obvious choice at this moment, has Wilhelmsen lost his job, there was some talk about Capps maybe stepping up then Perez got a save opp couple of days ago. Fuck is this?

Uh huh. Yeah, not buying it. Someone on gaf with an extensive library of anime reaction pics and .gifs never heard of 4chan? Next you'll tell me you don't know what reddit is. Frank = busted
I know what 4chan is, i didn't make the connection between that and /a. What the fuck is /a, seriously?

eznark

Banned
Just the daily "we fucking suck" post to let you guys know I am still watching every one of these fucking games and imagining jakncoke masturbating to my furious tweets.

Top Bottom