• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Syder

bwQBC6S.gif

brentech

This will go down as the greatest rope-a-dope, or biggest blown chance in his career. Everyone else he has beat in middleweight has been on that retirement finish lap.

and hee's gotta be going out there.

brentech

Weidman has talent. I think he really really needed a fight against someone he should have beat. It's almost better for him that he almost lost in the first too, because he got a real W and two mental Ws.

THAT'S MY BOY!

Young Kelvin, get a nutritionist.

Someone get Mike Dolce on the phone.

That was a really solid and necessary win for Weidman. Will be interesting to see who he is matched up with next. (a rematch with Yoel?)

Gastelum is going to run into this same problem over and over at the MW division.

iddqd

Someone get Mike Dolce on the phone.

That was a really solid and necessary win for Weidman. Will be interesting to see who he is matched up with next. (a rematch with Yoel?)

Gastelum is going to run into this same problem over and over at the MW division.

I remember Gastelum working with Dolce and then quitting because he was too expensive.

Good win for Weidman but I'm not sure who to match him up with. Rockhold rematch if that guy wins his GIFT of a next fight?

Oscar

Really disappointing performance from Gastelum.
I wouldn't go that far, he nearly finished Weidman in the first.

That moment when Gastleum weaved most of Weidman's barrage against the fence was impressive. I was expecting him to get dropped there.

https://streamable.com/z7c78

Just a bad matchup. Kelvin will lose to bigger, legit wrestlers like Weidman if they get a hold of him. I can still see him being able to hold his own in the division's current state of mostly strikers in the top 10. Romero and Weidman are his only really bad matchups.

Top Bottom