• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Looks like wrestling and baseball are set for a squash match for the Olympics.

Literally. Wrestling vs. Squash vs. Baseball for a place in the 2020 games.

Jon Jones tweeted that he has a big decision to make, I guess his toe might be more screwed up than originally thought

Anderson Silva has fractured ribs which could force him out of UFC 162

SMH UFC

Update

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 51s

Regarding a Brazilian report that Anderson Silva is out of 162, Silva's camp just told me emphatically "that's not true" multiple times.

Heel

Jon Jones tweeted that he has a big decision to make, I guess his toe might be more screwed up than originally thought

Anderson Silva has fractured ribs which could force him out of UFC 162

SMH UFC

Update

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 51s

Regarding a Brazilian report that Anderson Silva is out of 162, Silva's camp just told me emphatically "that's not true" multiple times.

lol nice to see the hibs narrative starting early. Who ya crappin, Canderson?

Heel

This is just the beginning. Plain and simple, Candy is like an over the hill Hulk Hogan refusing to lose clean and put someone over. I can't respect it.

Heel

Press Release: Nick Diaz presents WAR MMA

Stockton, CA: Stockton native and UFC headliner Nick Diaz will launch his new promotion, WAR, on Saturday, June 22nd at 5pm at the Stockton Arena. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, May 29th at 10am.

The card will be headlined by UFC veteran Daniel Roberts (13-4), facing off against Justin Baesman (12-4), The fight will be co-headlined by UFC and WEC vet Antonio Banuelos against and comer Benny Vinson. The fight card will also feature Caleb Mitchell (4-3) vs. Evan Esguerra, (7-5), Roy Boughton vs. Liron Wilson, Mike Persons vs. Clayton “Money Shot” McKinney, and Darin Cooley vs. Cody Gibson. More bouts will be announced in the upcoming days. (Card subject to change.)

Bouts in WAR will be fought under the Unified Rules of MMA, modified to use a ring instead of a cage and disallowing elbow strikes to a grounded opponent. These rules are in place to encourage grapplers to advance their position instead of stalling. Regular matches will be three, five minute rounds, and future championship matches will five, five minute rounds.

We in there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The card will be headlined by UFC veteran Daniel Roberts (13-4), facing off against Justin Baesman (12-4), The fight will be co-headlined by UFC and WEC vet Antonio Banuelos against and comer Benny Vinson. The fight card will also feature Caleb Mitchell (4-3) vs. Evan Esguerra, (7-5), Roy Boughton vs. Liron Wilson, Mike Persons vs. Clayton “Money Shot” McKinney, and Darin Cooley vs. Cody Gibson. More bouts will be announced in the upcoming days. (Card subject to change.)

proofread your PR, Nicholas.

Heel

Mistakes in a press release only add to the Bad MMA aesthetic, IMO. I won't be happy unless the weigh-ins are at a local chain restaurant on a bathroom scale and the event is delayed by only having one ambulance on call.

WAR WAR.

Mistakes in a press release only add to the Bad MMA aesthetic, IMO. I won't be happy unless the weigh-ins are at a local chain restaurant on a bathroom scale and the event is delayed by only having one ambulance on call.

WAR WAR.

I like it when, like at Invicta, the dressing room is actually a dining room in the restaurant off to the side of the ballroom, and the athletes are loaded up in the booths, waiting for their fights like they're waiting for their Grand Slam at Denny's. That's class.

I wish Frank's chin is made out of whatever the fuck his career is.

ibefZ1PkOPYmn1.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I think they are afraid of people getting kicked in the head with them.
Yeah. It's sort of the same thing as downed kicks/knees/12-6 elbows/headbutts. They banned them because they look bad, not because they are bad.

They have wrestling shoes where the laces are under a flap. Otherwise, they're essentially a sock with a thin sole. They're less dangerous than the gloves are, tbh. It would also improve the striking game for a lot of guys since they would have better traction on the canvas.

industrian

Get ready for Belfort vs Weidman in Bumfuck, Brazil.

The big question will be if Weidman would wait for Anderson. By that point he's already went a year without fighting.

Frank Mir vs Josh Barnett added to UFC 164.

Even if this is five years too late: better late than never. I need to give Josh credit for putting his other baggage aside and making the deal to give the fans what they want... unlike some other heavyweights.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
The big question will be if Weidman would wait for Anderson. By that point he's already went a year without fighting.

Even if this is five years too late: better late than never. I need to give Josh credit for putting his other baggage aside and making the deal to give the fans what they want... unlike some other heavyweights.
Put the winner of this fight against the winner of Browne/Overeem. The winner of that fight should be a pretty good draw (unless it's Browne) and should get a title shot if they can fit it in between Cain/Junior 4 and 5. Werdum will continue to fight the Russow's and Nogeuira's of the division.

industrian

Put the winner of this fight against the winner of Browne/Overeem. The winner of that fight should be a pretty good draw (unless it's Browne) and should get a title shot if they can fit it in between Cain/Junior 4 and 5. Werdum will continue to fight the Russow's and Nogeuira's of the division.

I sincerely hope that Werdum gets a shot if he beats Nog. Hopefully he cuts a decent promo and builds himself up sufficiently. That and I still think that JDS needs one more fight before getting a title shot.

My ideal title pathways here:

If Nog wins, JDS gets the shot at their 20th Anniversary show.
If Werdum wins, he gets a shot in September with JDS vs. ??? as the co-main to see who gets a shot at the New Year event.

And I agree: if Browne/Overeem and Barnett/Mir ends up with both Overeem/Barnett as winners: put them together for a No. 1 contender match. Loser of Barnett/Mir would be a good matchup for Stefan Struve.

If Nog wins he should get the title shot.

2 fight win streak, and should have beaten Mir

JDS is only on a 1 fight streak and should have another fight.

Barnett is a good 2 fights away

Overeem is 2 fights away

DC won't fight his boy.

So winner of Big Nig/Werdum should get the shot.

I would shit my pants if Big Nog gets in title contention in 2013.

muddream

Banned
If Nog wins he should get the title shot.

2 fight win streak, and should have beaten Mir

JDS is only on a 1 fight streak and should have another fight.

Barnett is a good 2 fights away

Overeem is 2 fights away

DC won't fight his boy.

So winner of Big Nig/Werdum should get the shot.

I would shit my pants if Big Nog gets in title contention in 2013.

I'm pretty sure that's bannable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Stop setting yourself up for disappointment, playboy. You know JDS is getting the title shot. If Overeem beats Browne convincingly (Round 1 KO), he'll get the shot after that.

Stop setting yourself up for disappointment, playboy. You know JDS is getting the title shot. If Overeem beats Browne convincingly (Round 1 KO), he'll get the shot after that.

Personally I want Overeem to get the shot, but beating Browne, even in 30 seconds won't do much convincing. He needs one more fight. Which is why the Werdum vs Nog needs to be a contender fight. If Reem destroys Browne than he should fight Nog if he loses to Werdum, or Nelson or Mir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom