• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

Why would Sony reveal any kind of negative aspect of their platform at this event? I dunno what you guys are expecting, but I have my doubts that Jack Tretton is going to walk on stage to tell you about their new DRM scheme and intention to charge for online play.

If they show off any games, I just want some variety. Please don't show a fucking modern military shooter

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Why would Sony reveal any kind of negative aspect of their platform at this event? I dunno what you guys are expecting, but I have my doubts that Jack Tretton is going to walk on stage to tell you about their new DRM scheme and intention to charge for online play.

Well Uncle Dana doesn't walk on stage and tell you about how they intend to put everyone to sleep and charge money for it. But he does announce GSP fights.

It's all in how you spin it. Charging for online play = "A newer and more advanced service to engage fellow players in action, with a faster, more stable and feature-rich premium online service." Five minutes later and GAF will have always been at war with Eastasia.

Heel

I mean, at worst people will say:

"I don't like how that how that box that plays video games on my television screen looks. I will not buy it now."
"I can't believe they're charging me $50 more than I expected for that box that plays $70 video games on my television screen over the span of half a decade or more. I will not buy it now."
"They slightly changed that controller that's been the same for 20 years I cannot believe it. I will not buy it now."

Revealing any deeper problem with the platform at a PR launch event would be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I guess I wouldn't be surprised, though?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Exactly.

ShaneB was right, MMA-GAF hates life.

I am 100% certain this will be the case

1) No BC
2) More like XBOX Live
3) Wont be region free
4) PSN games wont carry over
5) Wont play used games

Sony had the right idea with the launch PS3.....minus the $599

I have zero faith in the next generation of videa gaemz

Vio-Lence

Banned
real question, what's the difference between the speculated $529 and $599? one less game a launch?
i think microsoft and sony would both be retarded for launching at anything over $399.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Here's what I expect: they show Orbis, a 2 minute reel of games that gamers will dissect to death. "See you at E3 where we'll fill you with false promises and half the games we show there will get cancelled".

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The UFC is cleaning house.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/2...mong-16-fighters-released-from-ufc-on-tuesday

Former welterweight contender Jon Fitch was among the 16 UFC fighters who were released from the promotion on Tuesday.

UFC president Dana White also confirmed with MMAFighting.com that the following fighters were also let go: Wagner Prado, Mike Russow, Jacob Volkmann, Vladimir Matyushenko, Che Mills, Jay Hieron, Terry Etim, Paul Sass, Jorge Santiago, Mike Stumpf, Simeon Thoresen, C.J. Keith, Motonobu Tezuka, Josh Grispi and Ulysses Gomez.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I paid $599 for PS3 launch, $399 for 360, $349 for Wii U. Fuck it, bring it on Sony.

zuE38tb.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
UFC president Dana White also confirmed with MMAFighting.com that the following fighters were also let go: Wagner Prado, Mike Russow, Jacob Volkmann, Vladimir Matyushenko, Che Mills, Jay Hieron, Terry Etim, Paul Sass, Jorge Santiago, Mike Stumpf, Simeon Thoresen, C.J. Keith, Motonobu Tezuka, Josh Grispi and Ulysses Gomez.
Heel strikes again. Another hyped can back to Jungle Fights.

Heel

What, should Uncle Dana continue to pay Jon Fitch, a guy who has never been a draw in his life, more than 90% of his roster because he's good at sucking the energy out of the arena?

As stated the other day, there's more to being a great fighter than simply winning. Jon Fitch is living proof of that.

bone_and_sinew

Josh Grispi vs Jose Aldo would've been the first televised MMA death. From #1 contender to 4 losses and out of the UFC.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
He allowed entrance antics..now all we need is knees on the ground and a new scoring system to punish stalling and the transformation will be complete.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
UFC 159 has some great fights.

Jones vs Sonnen
Light Heavyweight bout: Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Pat Healy
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher
Lightweight bout: Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros

Ouch Useless didn't even know he was cut yet.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What, should Uncle Dana continue to pay Jon Fitch, a guy who has never been a draw in his life, more than 90% of his roster because he's good at sucking the energy out of the arena?

As stated the other day, there's more to being a great fighter than simply winning. Jon Fitch is living proof of that.

What's going to happen to Fitch's Skyrim character now?

Shit. Fitch is a bad cut. We still never seen the Fitch vs Shields superfight.

You would think Dana would be more lenient on fighters because of how many events there are.

MjFrancis

On the last PPV my wife had to take care of our son since he was fussing and missed most of the Jon Fitch fight. She said she'd rather have our son cry and scream in her ear for fifteen minutes than watch Fitch fight for one more minute. Shit my wife says about MMA.

And will you look at that, Dana White apparently heard her too.

Heel

Jake Volkmann got cut? LOL YES
Jon Fitch got cut? OH MY GOD, HOW COULD THEY?

Joe Silver is going to use these roster slots and all that Jon Fitch paper to sign Melvin Manhoef and a small platoon of dog slangin' Russians. I ain't even mad.

muddream

Banned
Former welterweight contender Jon Fitch was among the 16 UFC fighters who were released from the promotion on Tuesday.

Michael Bisping makes more than these guys combined.

Guess we're making room for all the exciting 115lbs prospects out there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Jake Volkmann got cut? LOL YES
Jon Fitch got cut? OH MY GOD, HOW COULD THEY?

Joe Silver is going to use these roster slots and all that Jon Fitch paper to sign Melvin Manhoef and a small platoon of dog slangin' Russians. I ain't even mad.

Bellator invasion incoming

Heel

Vegan Mark ‏@lifeaquadic - Fucking retarded! Fuck the @ufc if Jon doesn't get resigned. How does Leonard Garcia still work?

lol the Twitter outrage is great reading. Clearly "Vegan Mark" and the rest of these Ultimate fans needed an awakening. Thank you, Joe Silver, for prioritizing entertainment.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Vegan Mark ‏@lifeaquadic - Fucking retarded! Fuck the @ufc if Jon doesn't get resigned. How does Leonard Garcia still work?

lol the Twitter outrage is great reading. Clearly "Vegan Mark" and the rest of these Ultimate fans needed an awakening. Thank you, Joe Silver, for prioritizing entertainment.

It's sad how much MMA-GAF cynicism has affected Heel. Sien916 is spinning in his fuckin grave.

bone_and_sinew

It's sad how much MMA-GAF cynicism has affected Heel. Sien916 is spinning in his fuckin grave.
You sit there and you thump your rankings, and you say your lay and prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your athletes, talk about point-fighting 3:16... Heel 3:16 says I just cut your ass!

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'd reckon that 90% of the people celebrating the release of Jon Fitch are GSP fans...

I'm no fan of Fitch, but releasing a top 5 welterweight is retarded. I can't wait til Dana runs this sport into the ground so Vince can buy the Ultimate.

Heel

Come on brahs, you look forward to Jon Fitch fights? I don't care how high you're ranked, I'm here to be entertained and the dude was a waste of a main card slot. Ask yourself...who would you rather see, an exciting guy who loses or a boring guy who wins?

There are actually people wondering why Wanderlei Silva headlines and sport killer Jon Fitch is cut. There are actually people wondering why Dan Hardy and Leonard Garcia are still employed.

tumblr_m4njl6jhGW1rv5j9yo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom