• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Yup, LHW division is on life support.

I'd wager that Jon Jones outright discouraged new talent in that division given his dominance these past four years. Everyone dropped down or moved on rather than take him on. Let's face it, Ryan Bader is next after Gus. They can't ignore the guy with the best win streak in that division forever.

I envision this scenario happening at 185 soon. Luke Rockhold made Michael Bisping look like a welterweight, and Weidman is huge as well. I wonder how much pee Machida will have to sweat out in order to make 170.

...and you need to stop using two spaces after a sentence, mang. It goes against modern writing styles, and it doesn't even appear on rendered HTML. :p

Luke Barnatt got canned? WTF, he worked that Munoz fight to put Munoz and the UFC over in the Philippines and this is the thanks he gets?

industrian

Barnatt is one of those fighters where I know his name, but not the results of his UFC career, nor do I know who he has fought or where he fought them. I expect he's got like a 3-3 UFC record, with every result being a split decision.

industrian

Bellator have also cut a bunch of fighters, including Sokoudjou.

Rameau Sokoudjou
Razak Al-Hassan
Julio Cesar Nevez
Curtis Millender
Jesse Juarez
Rafael Silva
Antonio Duarte
Alejandro Villalobos

This appears to be a budget adjustment by Viacom more than it does Scott Coker punishing dudes for losing 1-2 in a row.

MjFrancis

...and you need to stop using two spaces after a sentence, mang. It goes against modern writing styles, and it doesn't even appear on rendered HTML. :p
Old habits die hard, and mine has been deep-seated from a youth of actual typewriting. I just deleted a double-space there, it's that reflexive, lol.

Lol at old guard still dominating at HW like Arlovski. It's baffling to me that the talent pool of new fighters is ridiculously shallow at HW & LHW. Even in MW you got old guard like Vitor and Machida in the top 10

Lol at old guard still dominating at HW like Arlovski. It's baffling to me that the talent pool of new fighters is ridiculously shallow at HW & LHW. Even in MW you got old guard like Vitor and Machida in the top 10

All you really need is a good punch at HW and you could become a contender. Hunts standup deteriorated so much over the years and it was still enough to fight for the interims hw championship belt.

Arlovskis hands are pretty good for his division. All he needs is a new chin and he could make it to a title fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
11421977_656340284465939_461045174_n.jpg

Going to be funny when Hendo can't wear his own company's gear anymore.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here is the card

I know, 11. 11 out of 24 aint bad for modern Ultimate.
Main card (FOX Sports 1 at 10 p.m. ET)
Tim Boetsch vs. Dan Henderson
Ben Rothwell vs. Matt Mitrione
Dustin Poirier vs. Yancy Medeiros
Thiago Tavares vs. Brian Ortega
Joe Soto vs. Anthony Birchak
Francisco Rivera vs. Alex Caceres

Undercard (FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET)
Shawn Jordan vs. Derrick Lewis
Brian Ebersole vs. Omari Akhmedov
Chris Wade vs. Christos Giagos
Joe Proctor vs. Justin Edwards

Undercard (UFC Fight Pass at 7 p.m. ET)
Ricardo Abreu vs. Jake Collier
Jose Quinonez vs. Leonardo Morales

-MD-

Here is the card

Are the bolded fighters the ones you're familiar with or what?

I know ~10

MjFrancis

Here is the card

I know eight of the eleven you bolded and none that you did not bold.

MjFrancis

Both luck and Father Time have not been kind to our folk hero Dan Henderson, but dammit I cannot stop rooting for that guy. His forties has only allowed him to knock out Shogun... and that's it. As stated, Father Time has not been kind to him.

industrian

It will never happen, but I really want the next Japan card to be headlined by Mark Hunt vs. Hendo. But openweight "special" fights will never happen in the UFC, because as we all know this is a professional sport for professionals that would not allow anything not professional to occur.

While hendo has been on a bad stretch , Boestch is nowhere in the category of fighters hendo has been losing to. Hopefully Hendo can still take care of these lower level opponents . That dude still looks damn good for 40

VoxPop

I don't understand how Hendo is the underdog going into this fight. Betting the house on Hendo.

Boetsch's biggest wins are his comeback fluke win over Okami and a questionable W over Lombard.

1. Where you at, Georges?!

2. Witcher is goooood

3. I'm gonna watch Pandorum til the fights come on

Edit: oh shit Cung Le is in this

iddqd

Woke up from a nap, I'm ready to watch a 44 old fight a 34 year old can that got lucky against Okami.

And LETS GO MITRIONE!
You are too hilarious to fail!

Top Bottom