• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

yacobod said:
Nicks too busy training in the 209 to attend. Media would be there w/ or w/out nick, this is just an angle to push the fight. Ufc is going to spin nick into some guy hard from the streets like clubber lang in rocky 3.

Yeah, I can see the UFC try to spin it once the damage is already done. Just really doubt it's planned.

yacobod

Banned
sien916 said:
Yeah, I can see the UFC try to spin it once the damage is already done. Just really doubt it's planned.

Whether it was planned or not, its going to be spinned to the ufcs gain, the media doesn't matter. If they write something negative, dana takes away their press passes, so nobody dares. Mma journalism is piss poor because of zuffa's tactics.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yahoo must really like him
ZGbyE.png

Presser starts @ 4 EST here

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
yacobod said:
Nicks too busy training in the 209 to attend. Media would be there w/ or w/out nick, this is just an angle to push the fight. Ufc is going to spin nick into some guy hard from the streets like clubber lang in rocky 3.
Shut up, old man! I ain't goin' nowhere. Hey, why don't you all tell nice these folks why you've been duckin' me. Politics, man! This country wants to keep me down. Keep everybody weak. They don't want a man like me to have the title because I'm not a puppet like your fool up there.

yacobod

Banned
bone_and_sinew said:
Shut up, Old Man! I ain't goin' nowhere. Why don't you tell all these nice folks why you been duckin' me? Politics, man. This country want to keep me down. Keep everybody weak. They don't want me to have the title because I'm not a puppet like that fool up there.

:)
Mr. T quote even better with the athlete doing gymnastics above us.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I really really really hate that undulating sound that is always played on the UFC's video player before/after press conferences.

"Sports Entertainment" was previously only attributed to pro wrestling, primarily due to the fact that there was no competition going on and the results of the matches were pre-determined. It's not a real sport.

MMA is a real sport and the use of the "Sports Entertainment" to describe it implies that the fighters aren't actually competing and that it's all fake. A couple of my friends actually think MMA is fake and I have to explain in great depth to them why it's not.

and yeah, that "whoosh whoosh" sound is annoying the shit out of me too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh Lorenzo Fertitta was not joking. They dont know where is Diaz.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GSP Vs Condit!! EVEN BETTER!
Also WTF Diaz.

yacobod

Banned
What?

Man dana is such a retard. Now who's bj going to fight? This is fucking retarded. Well war condit I guess. Was on the fence about going to vegas for the card, and that seals it.

tass0

Banned
Nick Diaz is a complete fucking idiot, and ruined his career.

GSP is now facing Carlos Condit, and I'm sure Nick Diaz is about to be cut from the UFC.

Heel

I think we should put Nick under the "athlete" category in the OP now. This is the start of his budding triathlon career!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"Diaz is gonna hear on the news that he's no longer fighting Georges St-Pierre, maybe he'll call me then."

0219_nnle.gif

Fersis

alr1ghtstart said:
"Diaz is gonna hear on the news that he's no longer fighting Georges St-Pierre, maybe he'll call me then."

0219_nnle.gif
That was pretty awesome.

yacobod said:
What?

Man dana is such a retard. Now who's bj going to fight? This is fucking retarded. Well war condit I guess. Was on the fence about going to vegas for the card, and that seals it.
yeah this is complete bullshit.

dana being dana

yacobod

Banned
Dana is such a vindictive little bitch, he needs a reality check, the fans don't pay to see him, they pay to see the fights, way to ruin the card.

Fersis

Live Cesar Gracie call this is like a soap opera!! AWESOME.
GSP WITH THE JOKES!!

bone_and_sinew said:
Picking up the phone from Cesar Gracie in the middle of the conference? Is this real life?
Best UFC year ever.

tass0

Banned
Cesar Gracie calls Dana White live during the conference, says he doesn't know where Diaz is.

Apparently nobody knows where he is, so he's either A) scared, B) murdered, C) kidnapped.

Fersis

tass0 said:
Cesar Gracie calls Dana White live during the conference, says he doesn't know where Diaz is.

Apparently nobody knows where he is, so he's either A) scared, B) murdered, C) kidnapped.
D)Too baked and living in the 60s

Top Bottom