• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cowboy's strategy made zero sense. just walking into punches like that for a whole round to start the fight. did he really think he was going to outbox nate? didn't know who would win but i definitely didn't expect cowboy to fight like a total idiot. have to give nate credit though

silva-slayer comin up on dream

yacobod

Banned
I like how Capt makes it sound like "throwing a bunch of punches" in a winning effort in a combat sport is a bad thing.

The Diaz brothers contribution to the mixed martials is every bit as meaningful as Mark Coleman's and Royce Gracie's.

i guess he would prefer for his winners to outweigh his opponents by 30 pounds and grease up with an illegal substance to gain an illegal advantage in a sport competition.

i still can't believe losers in this thread were getting on me for saying "stun gun" kim was not an exciting fighter. the guy is a more boring asian version of jon fitch, but for some reason gaf was dogging me because he won a lacklluster decision and was ruining my ppv experience.

I like how Capt makes it like "throwing a bunch of punches" in a winning effort in a combat sport is a bad thing.

The Diaz brothers contribution to the mixed martials is every bit as meaningful as Mark Coleman's and Royce Gracie's.
Nate has no power in his punches.

Also, he cuts a shit load of weight to make 155 but you fuckinh hypocrites ignore that. Dude is a chump. He will get beat by Guida again and any of the top guys at 155.

yacobod

Banned
Nate has no power in his punches.

Also, he cuts a shit load of weight to make 155 but you fuckinh hypocrites ignore that. Dude is a chump. He will get beat by Guida again and any of the top guys at 155.

he tooled your boy toy gosu camp greg jackson fighter cerrone. deal with it.

i told you that cerrrone was a wec trash fighter. you have to be an elite caliber wrestler to beat a diaz brother.

a hillbilly isn't going to cut it.

dream

So what if Nate lacks power? Between Nate and Nick, we now know that getting hit 500 times in a fight is far worse than taking a one hit ko.

yacobod

Banned
Do you think Volkmann would beat Nate, yaco? :)

Heel, i'd have to say Mr. Christmas would have a good chance of outpointing Mr. Diaz in a sporting competition, but Mr. Diaz would also be dangerous off his back and could catch Mr. Chrismas with a submission. Volkman is a tough out for anyone w/out superb TDD.

I think Nate is a more dangerous fighter at 155#, but with Christmas' skill set he can beat plenty of fighters in his weight class due to the scoring system.

yacobod

Banned
Wow I'm siding with Yacobod on something.

honestly, if i'm not trolling gsp or overeem, i think i usually have pretty good MMA analysis. it's hard to overlook that tho.

on that point, does anyone have a point breakdown of tonight's sherdog fantasy scoring?

honestly, if i'm not trolling gsp or overeem, i think i usually have pretty good MMA analysis. it's hard to overlook that tho.

on that point, does anyone have a point breakdown of tonight's sherdog fantasy scoring?
The only picks I got right was Reem and Stun Gun..

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The sherdog pick 'em doesn't show you the ranks for each event, only overall.

They need to be blasted for that decision.

Heel

The sherdog pick 'em doesn't show you the ranks for each event, only overall.

They need to be blasted for that decision.

I emailed them about adding pool leaderboard sorting for events, promotions, months etc.

Hi Heel,

Thanks for the email and the kind words. Your suggestions are really good ones and we're already in the process of implementing some changes to the game that you'll start to see over the next few months. The changes to the leaderboards is just one of the many you'll notice.

Thanks again,

-The Sherdog MMA Pick 'em Team

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm scared of using boosts because I don't like the idea of losing points but I'd be a lot higher up if I did. Should have gotten them on both Gus and Hendricks tonight.

Heel

I'm scared of using boosts because I don't like the idea of losing points but I'd be a lot higher up if I did. Should have gotten them on both Gus and Hendricks tonight.

Put it this way...if you get 2 of 3 wrong you haven't lost anything. It's worth it.

Looks like this guy got 1260 (and guessed 45 takedowns in the main event, haha).

I like the leg triangle lots of Japanese fighters use to keep a guy from getting up. You don't see it much in UFC at all but it seems like a great way to keep the guy secure and from wall walking. Mayhem used it against Bisping in the 1st round before being awful from then on.

yacobod

Banned
crusher finishes some guy with an arm triangle.

energy levels really low, may fall asleep soon. not sure if i can stay up for HW GOAT fedor.

yacobod

Banned
I really want to stay up and see Saku back to wrestling again. He's a great entertainer.

be strong, i'm staying up as long as i can for this crap. i want to see the big timmeh wrestling match, joshu barnett cut a mean promo, the aoki fight, and fedor. my wife's sleeping, so i'm free to do as i please.

dream

It's like someone showed this girl a genki sudo entrance and told her that's what Japanese people love and to mimic it as best as you can on your limited budget.

yacobod

Banned
It's like someone showed this girl a genki sudo entrance and told her that's what Japanese people love and to mimic it as best as you can on your limited budget.

dream, what about my boy d-rose and carlos boozer lighting up lob city tonight?

dream

dream, what about my boy d-rose and carlos boozer lighting up lob city tonight?

I guess you guys played a great game. But when you wake up tomorrow, Carlos Boozer will still be a max player for your team and you know he doesn't have many games like this in him.

Top Bottom