• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

rdmxb.png

Fedor ~234
Ishii ~215

Heel

Friend: When does Fedor fight?
Me: In about 8 hours.
Friend: See you tomorrow.

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

A wiser man than me. The post-Overeem fumes should keep me going for a while.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow i just realized jason high is on a six-fight winning streak. not against superb competition but decent. kinda sucks he got bounced from ufc after one wrestlefucking maybe he'll make it back

yacobod

Banned
hi friends, i've returned from the bars, i've had too much wild turkey to drink, and now i seen uriah faber and melvin on hdne, where is my nye dream card?

The bar I go to, which is usually maybe 50-70% full for UFC cards, was about 80% full when the ppv started, and all the seats were taken within an hour. Crazy how Brock brings the crowd.

yacobod

Banned
i'm saddened by the loss of mma's biggest draw brock lesnar, but after having his colon removed it's obvious that he wasn't the same fighter earlier tonight. At least my friends from the 209 won tonight, to keep the white trash cowboys from reigning supreme in the ufc's light weight division. nathan diaz once again showed how formidable the stockton slap is in competition. haters be warned, because nick is going to fuck up carlos conduit come the super bowl ppv.

now i was wrong picking brock over fraud-reem, but i am happy to accept w/e avatar the ppl of mma-gaf come up for me. i'm not going to be a hypocrite and switch positions that i have been advocating on this thread, so sometimes you have to crash and burn with your predictions, so i am willing to accept whatever happens.

i am excited to see the top heavyweight fighter compete tonight against a world class judoka on nye.

i know my good friend brocktober lost tonight, but how bout your friend CowyboY? time to admit that the stockton slap has a place in mma?
I mean if throwing a bunch of punches impresses you I guess. Cowboy was an idiot in the fight. Every kick he landed knocked Diax down and he didn't follow the gameplan.

yacobod

Banned
I mean if throwing a bunch of punches impresses you I guess. Cowboy was an idiot in the fight. Every kick he landed knocked Diax down and he didn't follow the gameplan.

man you are a salty fellow. just because he was afraid to go into diaz's guard, you are going to down play nate's win. and you are downplaying the fact that cowboy was getting his ass kicked standing most of the time when they were exchanging. nate has a much better bjj game, so not sure what you were expecting. unless you have really over powering wrestling you are not beating a diaz brother.

i suspect diaz conduit is going to look a lot like the fight tonight.

dream

I like how Capt makes it sound like "throwing a bunch of punches" in a winning effort in a combat sport is a bad thing.

The Diaz brothers contribution to the mixed martials is every bit as meaningful as Mark Coleman's and Royce Gracie's.

Top Bottom