• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

IMACOMPUTA

charsace said:
So what you're saying is that instead of dominating a fighting in a safe way he should give the other guy a chance to beat him? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying to me.

Sports entertainment, bro!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
w7Etyl.jpg

Donthizz# said:
anybody feel sorry for Diaz? Penn is going to straight out murder him..
He has a better chance than he would against GSP. I think it'll be a very good fight. They're gonna fucking scrap.

dream

parrotbeak said:
He has a better chance than he would against GSP. I think it'll be a very good fight. They're gonna fucking scrap.

I think they're both gonna be tentative and this fight will suck. ):

If UFC really takcles something has deep as social anxiety in this storyline then I gotta give them props because it would be the freshest storyline in years. I mean we can't even imagine what Diaz was feeling as he tried to merge from the median to return to Stockton.

dream

Rafa=FedKilla said:
If UFC really takcles something has deep as social anxiety in this storyline then I gotta give them props because it would be the freshest storyline in years. I mean we can't even imagine what Diaz was feeling as he tried to merge from the median to return to Stockton.

This is true. it would be like the R-Truth storyline only with someone that doesn't suck and makes me want to change the channel.

Boogie

yacobod said:
UFC 137: |OT| of JUST SCRAP and 25 minute decisions.

You keep your filthy paws away from the UFC 137 event thread, mister!

dream said:
it's pretty amazing how Josh Gross has been covering MMA for like 15 years and still doesn't get it.

lol, pretty much. Gross is such a tool.

Rafa=FedKilla said:

My cousin watched the video and thinks he was right behind Nick. Since he was also driving back from the bay. He said Nick cut someone off nasty to make it.

yacobod

Banned
Boogie said:
You keep your filthy paws away from the UFC 137 event thread, mister!

lol, pretty much. Gross is such a tool.

nobody wants a thread of gsp fellatio, the rightful main event and fight of the night is going to be Penn vs Diaz, and the OT should reflect that. Hell Mirko vs Nelson is going to get billing over GSP/Conduit in my OT.

WILD BOYS!
WILD BOYS!

dream said:
I think they're both gonna be tentative and this fight will suck. ):
That's assuming they respect each other, but when have either of these guys had any respect for their opponents' skills? BJ only gets tentative when he's losing, especially when he can't stop the takedown. Diaz never goes for takedowns. It'll be fine.

Jake.

i say penn loses because he just gives up like he (generally) has done in the last couple of years, but i hope i'm wrong.

also, i will go with captyamato: if lesnar TKO's overeem, i will change my avatar to whatever you want. not happening.

CaptYamato said:
My cousin watched the video and thinks he was right behind Nick. Since he was also driving back from the bay. He said Nick cut someone off nasty to make it.
Damn, I can't believe they almost caused a car accident just for this storyline.

yacobod

Banned
penn only gases against wrestlers who outweigh him by 20-30 lbs. diaz is neither of those things. this will be a standup scrap

Jake. said:
i say penn loses because he just gives up like he (generally) has done in the last couple of years, but i hope i'm wrong.

also, i will go with captyamato: if lesnar TKO's overeem, i will change my avatar to whatever you want. not happening.

I'm for Overeem.

and Yaco, he gassed against a guy that didn't even cut to make 155.

yacobod

Banned
penn didn't gas in the first edgar fight, which i think he won btw. the 2nd fight he did gas, but frankie mixed up striking with wrestling well in that fight. either way you are talking about a 5 round fight, and frankie is a good wrestler.

nicks not a wrestler, and its a 3 round fight.

dream

BJ didn't gas. He just didn't care about fighting Frank Edgar. Because, let's be honest, who the fuck is Frank Edgar?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dream said:
BJ didn't gas. He just didn't care about fighting Frank Edgar. Because, let's be honest, who the fuck is Frank Edgar?
Now you're dissing Edgar? Jeez...

Can I get a list of dream approved MMA personalities? Just for reference.

yacobod

Banned
i think part of what makes BJ Penn such a compelling fighter is that he has all the natural fighting ability in the world, but he's just lazy and doesn't quite give a fuck to be the best. so it gives him this case of unfulfilled potential, which i guess is appealing to slackers like me. and the fact he always comes and fights makes him my favorite fighter.

i think people misplace GSP/Serra 1 as the turning point in GSP's career transforming him into a point fighter, I would say that it was GSP/Penn 1. GSP realized in the first round he was in a fight and was getting his ass kicked, and quickly realized he would need to go for meaningless takedowns to try to steal a decision. he ended up winning the fight, but spent the night in the hospital while bj partied in the clubs.

yacobod said:
i think part of what makes BJ Penn such a compelling fighter is that he has all the natural fighting ability in the world, but he's just lazy and doesn't quite give a fuck to be the best. so it gives him this case of unfulfilled potential, which i guess is appealing to slackers like me. and the fact he always comes and fights makes him my favorite fighter.

i think people misplace GSP/Serra 1 as the turning point in GSP's career transforming him into a point fighter, I would say that it was GSP/Penn 1. GSP realized in the first round he was in a fight and was getting his ass kicked, and quickly realized he would need to go for meaningless takedowns to try to steal a decision. he ended up winning the fight, but spent the night in the hospital while bj partied in the clubs.

now tell everyone what happened in the second fight...

CaptYamato said:
now tell everyone what happened in the second fight...
Grease!

I'm kidding btw. It actually pisses me off when BJ gives up during fights and comes in unprepared. The 2nd Edgar fight was disgusting. Edgar did exactly the same thing as the first fight, but just with more confidence. BJ had no game plan.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This is the first time I've seen laziness thought of as an appealing character trait. I wish there were women who thought like you, yaco.

dream

Chamber said:
Now you're dissing Edgar? Jeez...

Can I get a list of dream approved MMA personalities? Just for reference.

I'm a big fan of "Funky" Ben Askren and I don't even know why.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
dream said:

Who the fuck is Frankie Edgar? He'd be the guy who beat BJ twice and stole his god damned belt. That's who the fuck Frankie Edgar is.

dream

Sinatar said:
Who the fuck is Frankie Edgar? He'd be the guy who beat BJ twice and stole his god damned belt. That's who the fuck Frankie Edgar is.

He looks like the kind of guy who fights for 30 and 30 to me.

Heel

Dear wrestling haters,

You think we should watch wrestling tournaments, we think should watch kickboxing tournaments. Let's quit whining about it and realize it's a mixed discipline sport founded for the purpose of seeing which discipline bests the other.

If someone can beat GSP let's see it. If they know they're going to get taken down and can't stop it, what does that say? He's a master of his craft and you should see some beauty in it.

I'm more impressed by some of GSP's decisions than I am with half the knockouts I see.

Signed,
A well-rounded MMA fan

P.S. - Please don't reply with "I like wrestling, just not GSP and Jon Fitch!". Let's not kid ourselves.

Diaz's only chance is to exploit his 4 inch height and reach advantages but I still think Penn has his way with him. Diaz should be fighting someone like John Hathaway or Paulo Thiago.

Tito and Franklin on Facebook is one of the stupidest things I can even fathom. Would have been a great main event for UFC 139.

Top Bottom