• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

This shit is just dumb, he will get demolished by Aldo and then consider retirement. He was making a good run at 155 until Cowboy. He should just stick it out there as a mid-tier guy. I like watching him fight. I don't want to watch an emaciated version of him just get picked apart by faster fighters.

I don't know what his reasons are but I don't get it. He's been 4-1 in his last 5 fights; 7-2 overall since his return to UFC. All his fights have been good wins against very tough opponents. Just because he was schooled by Cerrone shouldn't send him packin to a new weight already. I wish he wasn't doing this but oh well.

It's not like he's a wrestler either. He's a fast striker at 155. He's not going to be faster by cutting another 10 lbs, and especially not against smaller guys.

On the other hand, I bet he will get a title shot after one warm up fight, and that might be big enough pay, compared to continuing to be a mid level guy at 155. Hmm, that might be it.

Dana White
Our 3rd FOX fight May 5th at the IZOD Center in New Jersey will feature Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller!!! Nate = 3 sub and 5 FON Jim = 3 SON!!

I can't wait to see you guys comment on this one

Ariel Helwani
According to @danawhite, Miller vs. Diaz on May 5 will not be the main event on FOX. No word just yet on what will be.

Redeeeeemed

Heel

Dana White
Our 3rd FOX fight May 5th at the IZOD Center in New Jersey will feature Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller!!! Nate = 3 sub and 5 FON Jim = 3 SON!!

Haha man, I really want to root for Nick and Nate but they're continually put in match ups where I don't think they'll win. This is one of those times. I will be glad to be wrong.

Heel

What's going on with the title picture, though? This is 2+ months after Frankie/Bendo.

I mean...after Bendo's inevitable win, Frankie will be going to 145 so there won't be a rematch to fix the scheduling... :)

No one will want to see Bendo/Miller II either.

yacobod

Banned
What's going on with the title picture, though? This is 2+ months after Frankie/Bendo.

I mean...after Bendo's inevitable win, Frankie will be going to 145 so there won't be a rematch to fix the scheduling... :)

Diaz brothers 2012 ufc champs. believe.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Pettis gets a shot if he wins?

Heel

Diaz brothers 2012 ufc champs. believe.

Keith Jardine will be getting the next shot at the LW title.

lol

Pettis gets a shot if he wins?

This I like. I think Creepy Joe should have to run off 1 or 2 more wins. Losing to Guida is more forgivable than losing to Sotiropoulos. Plus Pettis is exciting against about anyone, even if a 2 fight win streak against Stephens and Lauzon isn't technically earning a title shot. I wouldn't complain.

From UFC.com RE Fox 3

Also at that event, verbal agreements are in for a meetup at 125 pounds between last season's Ultimate Fighter bantamweight winner, John Dodson, and Darren Uyenoyama. Both men are moving down from 135 pounds to do battle in the UFC's newest division, flyweight.

Heel

I guess GSP is going to move up and not waste his time with scrubs anymore.

Hey Yamato...nice Tom Brady avatar! That really is something special.................

ibtGO7dadP0rtE.gif

Fifty

Do you guys think that Miller/Diaz will be the ME of UFC on FOX 3 or will there be a bigger fight before it?

So far the first two FOX events have had main events quite a bit more prestigious than Nick Diaz versus Jim Miller. It was only one fight ago that Nick Diaz was on a Spike prelim card and Jim Miller was co-main'ing a Versus Card.

Heel

Do you guys think that Miller/Diaz will be the ME of UFC on FOX 3 or will there be a bigger fight before it?

So far the first two FOX events have had main events quite a bit more prestigious than Nick Diaz versus Jim Miller. It was only one fight ago that Nick Diaz was on a Spike prelim card and Jim Miller was co-main'ing a Versus Card.

Ariel Helwani
According to @danawhite, Miller vs. Diaz on May 5 will not be the main event on FOX. No word just yet on what will be.

Redeeeeemed

I think Cain vs. Mir on Cindo de Mayo is a no brainer.

Jim Miller trolling aside, that's a solid fight.
Ya, now that I kinda remember who Jim Miller is, this is a solid fight. I hope Nate wins, but will probably pick Miller. But that's a long time from now and I will probably forget which Miller this is by then so will end up picking Nate.

Heel

You got a problem with Gorgeous Tom? He's thebest QB since Beautiful Joe Montana.

ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

When Manning gets hurt the Colts go 2-14 without him.
When Brady gets hurt the Patriots go 11-5 without him.

What does that say? Brady is a product of the system. Manning is the system.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
the pettis fight isn't a title eliminator is it? because as much as i respect creepy joe overcoming the odds that would be ridiculous. pretty nice red carpet for pettis to get to fight lauzon instead of someone like miller but he got semi-screwed out of one title shot so i can't hate

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm all for Siver moving down to FW since the division is thin as it is. While he may not be a champion, I think he provides a compelling match-up against the top of the division.

The headlining match should be fighters who aren't PPV draws, but respected fighters. If Rich Franklin is ready by then, I think the UFC should throw him on the card against Tito Ortiz. Both well-known, but beyond their prime fighters that would put on an exciting battle for a television audience. Plus, the idea that it could be the last match for either fighter would be a tale to weave to market it, too.

Cain v Silva would be an enticing match-up, but Cain already lost as the headliner on the first card, so I would recommend UFC stay away from putting their recent headline loser into another headlining battle.

Also, where is Jason Miller? He should be placed on this card against someone along the lines of CB Dollaway or Tom Lawlor.

http://i.minus.com/ilha94TxjBqrq.gif[/img

What does that say? Brady is a product of the system. Manning is the system.[/QUOTE]Which QB has more play-off wins?

If Manning was the system he should have been able to coach them to at least have a winning season. He was on the sidelines every game.

Norml

Dana White

Will be a hard fight if Miller can control Diaz on the ground,but I see Nate using his 5 inch reach advantage and wrecking him good.
iqFjiJPkXSbU6.gif

ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

What does that say? Brady is a product of the system. Manning is the system.

All that says is that the Patriots are a better run organization and actually invested resources into the back up QB position instead of relying on scrubs like Sorgi and Painter. Does it make Montana a worse QB because the Niners were smart enough to have Steve Young waiting in
The wings?

TheNatural

My Member!
I made some crazy ass picks for Saturday. All my boosts went to prelims, the only KO I have comes courtesy of the Mexecutioner, and all the main card fights I picked Davis, Bisping, and Weidman.

EDIT: Had to double check if this was the MMA thread on the past few responses. Shut the hell up about football damnit.

What do people know about Einemo? He's like 45% in the picks, but he's only fought once since 2006 and lost. Russow is on a 10 fight win streak since 2007 and three of those are in the UFC.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I haven't done picks yet but I'll probably go with Weidman over Maia. Certainly a worthy underdog bet.

Brady > Manning

Az987

all good things
What do people know about Einemo? He's like 45% in the picks, but he's only fought once since 2006 and lost. Russow is on a 10 fight win streak since 2007 and three of those are in the UFC.

He's good at BJJ and has a big reach advantage over Russow. His BJJ didn't help against Dave Herman because Jiu-Jitsu doesn't work on him.

Heel

Only man to beat Roger Gracie at ADCC (lost a rematch years later, though), trains with Golden Glory, gave non-can Dave Herman some trouble standing.

Russow's biggest win in a decade plus of fighting is Jon Madsen and was picked apart by Duffee for 2.5 rounds.

I think it's a worthy underdog pick.

Belichick > Brady

Top Bottom