• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

Where does the winner of the Pro Elite hw grand prix fit in? Odoms was fantastic, how he looked completely gassed from the first minute but still somehow pulled out a sub when the other guy gassed even more. And I bet Minowaman is hungry after that close decision loss.

Not before the winner of Kimbo Slice/Dada 5000 gets their shot. You have to respect the rankings or people will think the WAMMA title lineage is a joke.

Heel

When is that supposed to happen anyway? Winner should fight Tank for Backyard HW Champ, and then unification with WAMMA Ebay belt.

I dunno, the date came and went. I guess the promoter didn't have his bread right.

Seriously though, who can Fedor fight right now? Here's the rankings outside of Zuffa and Bellator:

1. Fedor
2. Eddie Sanchez
3. Tony Lopez
4. Andrei Arlovski
5. Damian Grabowski

I can see why they're lining him up against cans with names over cans with no names.

Fedor vs. Kharitonov would be interesting if Zuffa ends up letting him go.

phildavis0pkkf.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
According to Derpclutch, Pat Barry is as good a striker as Overeem. Never believe anything that comes out of that camp.

20100621123616_IMG_7719_JPG.jpg

Look at that mother fucker! God, I hate heavyweights.

Has there been any resolution to the Bellator Heavyweight Final yet? You know, the one that ended with one guy getting a kick to the balls?

And yeah, that picture is everything that's wrong with the heavyweight division.

tass0

Banned
I dunno, the date came and went. I guess the promoter didn't have his bread right.

Seriously though, who can Fedor fight right now? Here's the rankings outside of Zuffa and Bellator:

1. Fedor
2. Eddie Sanchez
3. Tony Lopez
4. Andrei Arlovski
5. Damian Grabowski

I can see why they're lining him up against cans with names over cans with no names.

Fedor vs. Kharitonov would be interesting if Zuffa ends up letting him go.

In a perfect world, Fedor would tell Vadim and the rest of those goofballs to go fuck themselves, and then sign with the UFC.

Fedor vs. Junior Dos Santos 2013 for HW belt.

A man can dream, right?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In a perfect world, Fedor would tell Vadim and the rest of those goofballs to go fuck themselves, and then sign with the UFC.

A man can dream, right?

The co-main event could be Mousasi vs. Jones. Perfect.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
god the bellator hw division is a blight on mma. don't these talentless fight guys usually resolve these things in single-night tournaments?

and i like bellator too, but the women's and hw divisions are a joke. actually maybe if they mixed the two that would be interesting

Ænima

A man can dream, right?
Fedor would have to win at least one fight in the UFC before getting a title shot. His recent track record isn't exactly stellar, and beating up on cans in Japan doesn't impress anyone.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dana wants a piece of Strikeforce action, doesn't sound too pleased so far with the new deal:

For Strikeforce fighters, the move has become commonplace: Win a fight, call out a UFC fighter.

Of course, both UFC and Strikeforce officials have insisted the two promotions are going to remain separate for the time being, and fighter sharing isn't a current part of the plan.

So does UFC boss Dana White cringe each and every time he hears a fighter asking for a matchup he's not going to get? Not at all, says the fiery UFC boss.

"I want these guys, if there's a certain fight they want, I want them to call it out," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I get it."

White, of course, was an important part of ensuring Strikeforce and broadcast partner Showtime were able to extend an agreement that expired in late 2011. An outspoken opponent of former Showtime exec Ken Hershman, White later took point on the negotiations when Hershman bailed for HBO.

The first event under the new agreement was January's "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine," which was met with lukewarm response from both fans and pundits when longtime UFC vet Keith Jardine was given a middleweight title shot despite having never before competed at 185 pounds.

Of course, Strikeforce officials' hands were somewhat tied after Tim Kennedy, who Jardine replaced, was forced to withdraw from the event with an injury. Nevertheless, White admitted he was a little disappointed with the way the event played out.

"Let's just say the first Strikeforce fight didn't go the way I wanted it to go," White said. "When you get into a deal where the network controls what goes on, controls the production, controls everything – I'm working on that. I'm working on that as we speak. When these guys hand over the reigns and let me run that [expletive] thing, it will change."

Strikeforce CEO and founder Scott Coker said he welcomes White's involvement with the promotion he sold to the UFC's parent company this past March.

"I think that [White] had a pretty good role," Coker said. "He was at the show and had an interview on TV. He definitely uses social networking to promote the fight. I think you saw some of what he can do at the last event, and I think there's going to be more to come.

"Anytime a guy like Dana wants to become involved with his marketing machine behind him, I think it's going to be a great thing."

The exact vision for Strikeforce still remains somewhat unclear. The organization does remain the premier destination for female fighters, as witnessed by the March 3 headlining contest between women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate and fast-rising challenger Ronda Rousey. The organization has also committed to folding its heavyweight division and focusing instead on the six remaining weightclasses between bantamweight and light heavyweight.

But both Showtime and Strikeforce officials have insisted there is no desire for the promotion to be any sort of feeder league to the UFC, and the vision also doesn't currently include any type of crossover fights between the athletes of the two organizations.

So then what exactly is the next step for Strikeforce?

White declined to reveal his master plan but did admit he needs Showtime to cede some power in order to execute his idea.

"I've got to get my hands on that thing," White said. "I've got to get my hands on the production and start controlling that show. If I don't, then it is what it is.

"We've got two years with these guys, but Showtime will run it (if I can't get control). We'll let Showtime run it on their own."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27110/whi...ts-wants-more-control-of-sister-promotion.mma

AiTM

Banned
Amazon Video Games @amazongames Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Pre-order "UFC Undisputed 3" and get a $10 credit and the Ultimate Knockout Artist Boost Pack bonus. amzn.to/ArhhzI

my god Dana how about you handle that

I'm loving the lack of shining this time, my palms will thank me dearly

Bas Ruten on commentary is funny, all I can think of is the Body Action System

I also love how in Pride Mode they say side mount and side choke and stuff instead of side control and arm triangle

I'm loving the lack of shining this time, my palms will thank me dearly

Bas Ruten on commentary is funny, all I can think of is the Body Action System

I also love how in Pride Mode they say side mount and side choke and stuff instead of side control and arm triangle
Reduction in shining is more accurate. You still have to do it during the takedown struggle animation. But it's a world of difference to be sure.

Chesskid1

Banned
has anyone who has beef with dana ever called him out for a fight? always been curious if anyone has challenged him to a fight since his personality is always so brash. if so, did he react at all? heh, yeah i know random question, but i could see diaz doing it a long time ago or something and would like to see if dana responded, haha.

I was so pissed, I watched that Spike show, at least an hour of Dana and Tito talking shit, and Dana training for the fight and then at the end they were like, ya, Tito bitched out, or whatever. Complete waste of time.

TheNatural

My Member!
I was so pissed, I watched that Spike show, at least an hour of Dana and Tito talking shit, and Dana training for the fight and then at the end they were like, ya, Tito bitched out, or whatever. Complete waste of time.

Just like that Chuck fight that was supposed to happen right?

It's Tito.

Top Bottom