• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

No I'm not, but keep picking a fight on the internet bro.

I made a joke post. You got upset and accused me of being a Diaz fan and demanded proof.

Who's mad now?

il1wk1F1d8p6V.gif

agrajag

Banned
No I'm not, but keep picking a fight on the internet bro.

I made a joke post. You got upset and accused me of being a Diaz fan and demanded proof.

Who's mad now?

I'm not mad. You keep bringing up Condit like he fucked your girlfriend or something though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hmmm, they're pretty bad but not as awful as I thought they'd be since I greatly lowered my expectations after the negative reactions here. Par for the course for UFC disappointments I suppose.

Hopefully not an omen for tomorrow's poor-on-paper-but-we'll-see card.

Balehead

Now that I've seen everything I must say the ring girls have been disappointing all week. Time to bring in some fresh blood, or Logan.

ShaneB

I remember when JDS wasn't a household name either. Fact is these guys might be not be the biggest names or well known now but who's to say they wont be after a few fights?

Personally enjoy watching new fighters and their different styles.

*high five!*

Right on man, I like the cut of your jib.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't know, I'm still one of those who would absolutely go wild on Arianny.

Just stuff that would make her feel amazing then but terrible after, she wouldn't even understand why she liked it so much.

You know?

Thanks to those who helped me with my stern demand.

wtf why does Brittney's face look weird in these pics?

also, this is pretty cool, lol at the Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E. ref:

AloA9dNCAAA3vdK.jpg

I really can't believe that Tim Sylvia thinks he can get back into the UFC. I really don't think he stands a chance of beating guys like Kongo, Barry or even Hunt, but I am sure he can take out Morecraft and has a decent shot of beating Struve. He MIGHT have a place as a gatekeeper.

Here are some reasons why everyone hates you Timmah
-Would wear his UFC title to Walmart
-Looks goofy
-Goofy duck stance
-Boring fighter
-Fat
-Sucks at dating women
-His excuses when Randy beat his ass
-Shit his pants
-Was UFC champ claiming he was the best when in reality the best HW's were in Pride and they are much more popular and well liked by the community. Crocop, Nog, Fedor etc.
-Fedor proved just how shitty he was and the UFC HW's by Koing him in 30's

That being said he deserves his chance to return to the UFC. He is probably the most dominant UFC HW of all time as scary as that sounds.

I would much rather see Arlovski back in the UFC because hes still pretty young, has a marketable look and is somewhat a fan favorite. He would probably fare much better than Timmah.

Heel

Its been pretty close to that point for a while now.

Complaining without applying yourself to the discussion isn't being constructive. What would you like to talk about? If someone wants to pose a serious question I'm sure they'll get serious answers.

I'm not sure what everyone expects us to talk about during the week. All the regulars know each other and we bullshit until the fights roll around. Is that intimidating or unapproachable for other people?

One horse for another? No, friend. Logan all day. I'd take Natasha over Edith. Real talk.

Also used his "celebrity" status to sell a used but autographed ps3 on ebay.

D20PG.jpg

Put on one of the worst fights of all time and then bitched about always getting second billing when everyone knows the hw division is the best division.

Jamie OD

Tim Sylvia reminds me of a classmate I had when I was in school. He was someone who was very, very annoying to be near even though he was well behaved and rarely did anything wrong. If we were asked why nobody liked him, we would struggle to come up with an effective answer other than "just because". Same with Sylvia back when he was in UFC and that was before the douchebag stuff mentioned above took place.

I would much rather see Arlovski back in the UFC because hes still pretty young, has a marketable look and is somewhat a fan favorite. He would probably fare much better than Timmah.
Actually I think Timmah would do better just on size and chin. AA is too small and would get ktfo by just about any halfway decent striker in the hw div now.

Heel

Actually I think Timmah would do better just on size and chin. AA is too small and would get ktfo by just about any halfway decent striker in the hw div now.

Yeah, I'd say Tim is the better fighter. I can't think of anyone Arlovski can beat in the UFC. That includes guys they recently cut.

We can find out for sure after the highly-anticipated Sylvia vs. Arlovski IV courtesy of ProElite.

EYEL1NER

omg brittney playboy? GIVE TO ME NAO
please

Also, just bought my UFC 145 tickets, right on the floor.
Nice. I'm still waiting for Friday to see how much they are gonna run me.
I'd definitely like to get floor seats but I'm tapped out until I get my tax return back next week and I imagine those seats will be gone quick.

dream

Andrei's low Ultimate IQ is the problem. He's so fast and explosive but never wrestles. He has a Sambo background but never grapples. He takes people apart with his kicks but then he stops kicking. He's just so in love with the idea of being athletic and having fast hands that he turns every fight into a boxing match despite knowing that he has absolutely no chin to speak of.

yacobod

Banned
it may be my rose colored glasses, but point fighting didn't exist in PrideFC right?

point fighting seems to be a recent trend of the last 3 years or so.

it may be my rose colored glasses, but point fighting didn't exist in PrideFC right?

point fighting seems to be a recent trend of the last 3 years or so.

In PRIDE, judges scored the entire fight, there were no points. Yeah, they got it wrong sometimes and contrary to popular belief, some Japanese fighters even got robbed of decisions like Kawajiri when he fought Melendez the first time. But no one really was successful in PRIDE as a result of trying to point fight. People went in there to fight and share their budo spirit with the Japanese fans. Hell, the fucking thing was called PRIDE after all.

dream

poly, I love you, but never say "people went in there to ... share their budo spirit" ever again. We're trying to be mainstream here.

yacobod

Banned
We're trying to be mainstream here.

I don't like where the "sport" is headed. dana needs to increase the bonuses to like 150k or 250k for submission, KO, and fight of the night to encourage these bums to put the Fighting back into the UFC.

or instead of the standard win bonus, they should have a finish bonus.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like where the "sport" is headed. dana needs to increase the bonuses to like 150k or 250k for submission, KO, and fight of the night to encourage these bums to put the Fighting back into the UFC.

I think he should increase the win bonus for a finish.

FYI Jones vs. Evans presser starting in about 35 mins on UFC.tv

Can't wait for someone to not show up and cause the card to be shit after I just spent all this money again lol

Top Bottom