• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
King Mo Wrasslin' Vs Roger Gracie subpar striking and godlike BJJ.

What do you guys think? Gracie by Rear Naked Choke

yacobod

Banned
Fersis said:

or we might get a K1 quality striking match :)

tass0

Banned
Fersis said:

Hope Gracie wins with a sub.

BJJ IS NOT DEAD :(

Heel

Fersis said:

King Mo wins a stand-up affair.

Fifty

Ariel Helwani is saying on twitter that the crowd for this card is beyond sad:

Ariel Helwani
I think I would be very kind if I were to report there were 1,500 people in attendance. Hoping to get an official number soon. #strikeforce
34 seconds ago

arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
Sorry to report it's a very bad crowd here as the SHO broadcast is about to kick off. By far the worst for a WEC/UFC/SF that I've been to.

dream

1500 paid for a show headlined by Daniel Cormier vs Antonio Silva. Imagine that.

shoulda put "JG" on the card.

Fifty

dream said:
1500 paid for a show headlined by Daniel Cormier vs Antonio Silva. Imagine that.

They should have put King Mo on the poster. I think a few more people know who he is at least..plus he's facing a Gracie, and that name sells, even (or especially) to meatheads.

TheNatural

My Member!
yacobod said:
you guys are acting like it wasnt the plan when zuffa bought strikeforce, they didn't buy them to keep it alive.

If they could get meaningful money to keep it alive they will. But 1,500 in the stands isn't doing that, and probably not any ratings coming from this for Showtime to re-sign.

Heel

I like Cormier, but he's about to find out he's not a heavyweight. His only chance is dancing around in a circle with non-committal striking.

Fifty

Oh shit that was ridiculous..kicks to the head of a downed opponent, when the kicker himself is downed is not something you see often.

And you can hear the echoes in the arena as people boo.

Top Bottom