• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
God I hope M-1 really is M-Done. I don't think I've hated an MMA promotion/management more than them. I'd probably start liking Fedor again if he finally left them.

Dana was actually watching Wrestlemania. The last hour of it anyway.
I hope he was able to witness the brilliance that was the Funkasaurus and his mom's bridge club dance number.

It would be great if Dana incorporated something similar into the Ultimate.

I also hope he got a good laugh when the commentators said that the Undertaker was the most feared striker in the WWE.

bone_and_sinew

So what's on the Bad MMA agenda for tonight and tomorrow?

Bellator 64's main card looks pretty sweet. Supa Fight Leeg tomorrow morning. What else is there?

edit: also, what chance is there of "The Year of the obnoxious blanket getting knocked the fuck out" continuing tonight and Ben Askren being stretchered out?

ugh supa fite leeg is on way too early tomorrow. 6:15am Best Coast Time.

I'll try to be up for it tho and be in nerd chat.

As for Bellator tonight, WAR LIMA. My iPad is ready as always. Heel, you should watch this card on your iPad too. Better image quality than shitty SD MTV2.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Bellator 64

Pre televised fights start at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com
Televised fights start at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET on MTV 2, HD on Epix
Post televised fights start at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com

The Ultimate Fighter Live

Starts at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET on FX

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Super Fight League 2 featuring Heel's Bad MMA Fight of the Week, Minowaman vs. Shlemenko

Starts at 6:15 AM PT / 9:15 AM ET, free on YouTube.com

SUNDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

The Ultimate Fighter Brazil

Archive available at ~9:00 PM PT / 12:00 AM ET, free on TUF.tv

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

PRIDE legend Hiromitsu Kanehara vs. Yusuke Sakashita (Saturday, DEEP Cage Impact 2012 in Tokyo: Over Again)
Sengoku legend Masanori Kanehara vs. Jake Hattan (Sunday, Heat 22)

Heel

ugh supa fite leeg is on way too early tomorrow. 6:15am Best Coast Time.

I'll try to be up for it tho and be in nerd chat.

As for Bellator tonight, WAR LIMA. My iPad is ready as always. Heel, you should watch this card on your iPad too. Better image quality than shitty SD MTV2.

Are you sure about SFL? Their ticker and banner says 6 PM for this one. I think that would be a really weird hour in India though, so I dunno.

I don't want to be premature or anything, but I may be able to secure Maurice Smith as a BadMMA chat exclusive tonight.

Is EviLore joining us again too?

M-1 might be finished. How convenient of a timing this is.
Fuck that noise, I refuse to believe.

If this resulted in something like a Fedor/Hunt rematch and everyone else got shuffled up the card, I would be ok with this but no, Fedor is going to the Supa Fite Leeg, I am sure of it.

Heel

Fuck that noise, I refuse to believe.

If this resulted in something like a Fedor/Hunt rematch and everyone else got shuffled up the card, I would be ok with this but no, Fedor is going to the Supa Fite Leeg, I am sure of it.

Ya'll must've thought we were joking.

Supa Fite Leeg 4: Fedor vs. Ambriz

Believe.

yacobud said:
he goes thru those 3 guys, wins a K-1 grand prix, then all the ppl will be back on the fedor war wagon. maybe he can get on a couple of cycles of steroids too. this strategy worked well for another certain hw.

lol what a quote in hindsight.

In actual reality what are the chances that Hunt fights JDS @146? Am I being delusional holding out on that possibility? there is a very strong push for this fight to happen and the reality of it is that its the most exciting HW fight the UFC can offer if Reem is out.

Dana, the fans have spoken and we want Hunto. We don't like Mur and Cain got is ass embarrassed in 62 seconds on national TV.

TheNatural

My Member!
In actual reality what are the chances that Hunt fights JDS @146? Am I being delusional holding out on that possibility? there is a very strong push for this fight to happen and the reality of it is that its the most exciting HW fight the UFC can offer if Reem is out.

Dana, the fans have spoken and we want Hunto. We don't like Mur and Cain got is ass embarrassed in 62 seconds on national TV.

There's a Twitter bomb going on to get Hunt in, on Dana's Twitter. It would be great. Maybe if enough people speak up it will happen.

Az987

all good things

Its not going to happen and if it does the only chance Hunt has is a quick KO. If it goes past the first round or to the ground hes done.

All the top guys Mark Hunt has fought have submitted him. He probably doesn't ever work his ground game because he has a hard time getting back up.

yacobod

Banned
Honestly Dana is in a lose/lose right now. He would be hard pressed to sell any of these guys in a fight with JDS.

you can poke a ton of holes in the case for any of these guys to fight JDS.

Heel

Hunt KO'ing JDS for the title would be a real life Rocky story. None of this Frankie Edgar bullshit.

Unfortunately yes. Casuals will just see his record on Wikipedia and be all wtf and having your UFC HW Champ be a dude who got kimura'd by Sean McCorkle wouldn't sit well with Dana and Lorenzo.

bone_and_sinew

Unfortunately yes. Casuals will just see his record on Wikipedia and be all wtf and having your UFC HW Champ be a dude who got kimura'd by Sean McCorkle wouldn't sit well with Dana and Lorenzo.
It's the lack of this kind of "records be damned" PRIDE-style booking that makes the UFC lacking any sizzle.

WrikaWrek

Banned
And for the record I'd like to post this (I apologize for putting good mma friend Wrika on blast)

i5DnujP3ToOSr.png

9afpehqftw.gif

It's the lack of this kind of "records be damned" PRIDE-style booking that makes the UFC lacking any sizzle.

This X100000000000. UFC sucks at building stars. Their entire ranking and matchmaking are extremely flawed. If they want to go mainstream than they must adapt to Pride bookings. I would love actual tune up fights as well. You can turn "cans" into well known fighters. Look at Sokoudjou, he is now a known name among the fighting community and has a fanbase because he upset Lil Nog.

yacobod

Banned

honestly the only divisions in the UFC stacked enough that they would never have to book like that are WW and LW. MW, LHW, and HW don't really have deep rosters filled with contenders, maybe we can start getting some Pride style freak shows to keep champs busy.

FYI UFC Primetime: Jones vs. Evans premieres after TUF tonight. Due to an uncertain ending time for TUF as a result of its live nature, setting your DVR will probably not do the trick.

Its not going to happen and if it does the only chance Hunt has is a quick KO. If it goes past the first round or to the ground hes done.

All the top guys Mark Hunt has fought have submitted him. He probably doesn't ever work his ground game because he has a hard time getting back up.
When is the last time you've seen JDS take a fight to the ground?

TheNatural

My Member!
I guarantee UFC tries to keep Reem under contract now that Fedor has a date booked.

I don't know that it would matter all that much. Not like M-1 is going to get a TV deal or any significance for it. Maybe better vodka sponsorship for the fight or something. Plus if Reem crushes Fedor his value drops even lower, if that's possible.

BOOM, POW, PUNCH KICK WOW
DROP EM TO THE FLOOR WITH THE BSSHHH BSHHHHH NOW

SUPA! FITE! LEEG!

I can't get that song out of my head now lol

So hyped for tomorrow morning, that card is gonna be fun as shit

Heel

BOOM, POW, PUNCH KICK WOW
DROP EM TO THE FLOOR WITH THE BSSHHH BSHHHHH NOW

SUPA! FITE! LEEG!

I can't get that song out of my head now lol

So hyped for tomorrow morning, that card is gonna be fun as shit

anup.png

WAR Anup "PITBULL" Kumar!

Honorable mention to "Hardcore" Hardeep Singh.

hardeep.png

Haha at work we got our UFC 145.........and 146 posters in yesterday.........UFC sent them out too soon lol

I'm going to add it to the fights that never happened collection

Dysun

Id be much more interested in JDS/Hendo than JDS/Mir or JDS/Cain 2

He might well get crushed but so will Mir and its not like he hasnt taken down HW "king" FYODOR

lol @ the explanation for the Blackzilians name on UFC primetime.........and then Matt Meathead being in the background..........and Jake Shields is there

And wtf @ their gym being in a standard South Florida strip mall lol

They are roughing it big time!

What happened to the training up in the mountains and chasing wild cats in the desert!

AiTM

Banned
lol @ the explanation for the Blackzilians name on UFC primetime.........and then Matt Meathead being in the background..........and Jake Shields is there

And wtf @ their gym being in a standard South Florida strip mall lol

They are roughing it big time!

What happened to the training up in the mountains and chasing wild cats in the desert!

Blackzillians are a bunch of 2nd placers. Melvin Guillard, Evans, Reem, Anthony Johnson...all guys that everyone thinks will win the belt but will end up losing.

Top Bottom