• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
@danawhite: @jimbefc Mir vs Cain will happen

So if Murr isn't being sent to slaughter who do you want to see JDS defend against? My preferences:

1. Overeem if he somehow passes or gets some sort of arrangement where he gives most of his purse to JDS and the AC and gets tested every week up to the fight.

2. Fedor, will obviously never happen and MMA-1 have announced a fight in June.

3. Hunto, as Dana's tribute to the only rival MMA show he ever respected.

4. Hendo

5. Werdum

6. Jones

7. Superfight with undefeated Bellator champ Polar Bear Konrad

8. Mir because Dana is most likely full of shit

Heel

Yeah, I hope Uncle Dana doesn't spin this into "Mir vs Cain will happen...eventually fuckers, after Mir fights for the title."

And Jones would be near impossible, he'd have to beat Rashad without getting hurt at all, like, not a scratch
Like he did against Bader. That was a 2 week turnaround from the Bader fight to the Shogun one and this would be a month. That would fucking blow my mind if it happened since I'll be in the crowd for both.

But yeah realistically, what sien916 said.

Goddam I need to get to sleep so I can get up for supa fite leeg.

tass0

Banned
So if Murr isn't being sent to slaughter who do you want to see JDS defend against? My preferences:

1. Overeem if he somehow passes or gets some sort of arrangement where he gives most of his purse to JDS and the AC and gets tested every week up to the fight.

2. Fedor, will obviously never happen and MMA-1 have announced a fight in June.

3. Hunto, as Dana's tribute to the only rival MMA show he ever respected.

4. Hendo

5. Werdum

6. Jones

7. Superfight with undefeated Bellator champ Polar Bear Konrad

8. Mir because Dana is most likely full of shit

What if Fedor fighting in Russia is just a cover up, and he really signed with the UFC to fight JDS?

Btoyq.jpg

Slizz

I can't remember there being this long of a hiatus of UFC PPV's....

Is it because they are doing TUF fights live now?

Shit can you imagine if Hendo got the shot? Thinking about it just seems like the most probabal fight if Overeem is out because nobody wants to see Mur/JDS. So if Reem is out that only leaves us with Hunt or Hendo unless the unthinkable happens. I believe we're most likley gonna see JDS/Hendo or Hunt.

Thinking about it is making want to pop in UFC 3 and take Hendo to the HW title.

tass0

Banned
Shit can you imagine if Hendo got the shot? Thinking about it just seems like the most probabal fight if Overeem is out because nobody wants to see Mur/JDS. So if Reem is out that only leaves us with Hunt or Hendo unless the unthinkable happens. I believe we're most likley gonna see JDS/Hendo or Hunt.

Thinking about it is making want to pop in UFC 3 and take Hendo to the HW title.

Hunt will never get a title shot in the UFC.

There's a couple of options for JDS.

There's Mir, who's next in line for a shot anyway, there's Cain, there's Werdum, there's even Barnett.

The most appealing matchup is still JDS/Overeem, or JDS/Fedor, but it's unlikely we'll get those now.

Heck, I do think they're going to scrap JDS from the card all together and have Cain/Mir as the main event.

Hunt will never get a title shot in the UFC.

There's a couple of options for JDS.

There's Mir, who's next in line for a shot anyway, there's Cain, there's Werdum, there's even Barnett.

The most appealing matchup is still JDS/Overeem, or JDS/Fedor, but it's unlikely we'll get those now.

Heck, I do think they're going to scrap JDS from the card all together and have Cain/Mir as the main event.

Well it's still not confirmed that Overeem is out. We have to wait till the 24th and Dana confirmed that JDS is on the card so this leaves JDS with 3 options IF Overeem is off the card.

1) Hunt
2) Hendo
3) Fedor

Barnett and Cormeir are fighting in the tourney a week before 146 so are unlikely, noway in hell they would bump Cain up because he's confirmed to fight Mir. Neither are getting bumped up the card.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Hendo isn't gonna happen. Fedor isn't gonna happen either though that would've been insane.

Probably they are trying a way of getting Reem on it, if not...yall know the answer.

Kimbo-Slice-Ferguson.jpg

Lol Kimbo. He wasn't as bad as everyone said. He at least tried to put on a show and that Kimboplex was pretty cool. One of those dudes that was too small for HW. How about Kimbo vs Tim Sylvia?

DKehoe

He's also booked for a match about 5 days after this.

Expect a tap to the very first punch that connects.

Yeh, he won't pull out the fight but will lose as soon as possible so he can make his next booking.
It's the Bob Sapp "pin me pay me" 2012 world tour

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hunt is the only even semi-plausible fight that interests me whatsoever.

Might as well bring over Cole Konrad if you're gonna go with someone else.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I just finished last nights TUF. That dudes dad probably died on purpose so he didn't have to watch his sons boring ass fights anymore.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Duffee won by quick KO.

Minowaman took a dive.

Those are pretty much the only things worth watching.

I figured as much as those were the only 2 interesting matches anyway. Next week's UFC card couldn't have come at a better time. All this underwhelming Bad MMA is making us go mad.

TheNatural

My Member!
Has Uncle Dana commented on this yet? One thing's clear, Rampage does not have a publicist. Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea?

In one of his blogs Dana was cracking up a while back when Rampage was doing the dry humping a reporter stuff. I don't think he cares, especially with one fight left to go, Rampage is done anyway. Shogun can beat his ass and then he can go do as much goofy unfunny crap he wants.

Heel

In one of his blogs Dana was cracking up a while back when Rampage was doing the dry humping a reporter stuff. I don't think he cares, especially with one fight left to go, Rampage is done anyway. Shogun can beat his ass and then he can go do as much goofy unfunny crap he wants.

After the Torres drama I have a really hard time thinking he's just going to laugh this one off.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
After the Torres drama I have a really hard time thinking he's just going to laugh this one off.
He won't in public, but behind closed doors I bet he does.
Dana doesn't really care about this stuff, it's just an act so the UFC doesn't get bad press on this particular matter. This is the same guy that berated Loretta Hunt.

Top Bottom