• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
You're trying to say Frank is clean?

No, but it's not apples to apples. Mir was already a big heavyweight. His weight was always 240+, so him gaining 20 lbs or filling out his frame is different than a LHW filling out his frame and then cutting to 265 lbs. In before Fraudreem timeline.

Heel

I don't think Overeem was ever ballsy enough to gain 20+ lbs. in 9 months. My point is replacing Overeem with Mir is laughable. The only difference is one got caught.

Don't worry friend, the honorable Frank Mir is stepping up to defend the purity of MMA.

frank-mir.jpg
d1Ucq.jpg
fixed for yacob

TheNatural

My Member!
I don't think Overeem was ever ballsy enough to gain 20+ lbs. in 9 months. My point is replacing Overeem with Mir is laughable. The only difference is one got caught.

Mir got by the random testing Overeem didn't, so that speaks to his own stupidity.

Heel

Steroid use results in high levels of water retention (oedema) leading to the user becoming “round faced” with puffy cheeks.

No need to post pictures of Overeem. His head looked like a blowfish in Japan.

TheNatural

My Member!
Gravedigger = ratings, bitch.

This past weekend's UFC 145 preliminary-card broadcast scored a record 1.6 million viewers on FX.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the ratings information with industry sources.

The April 21 broadcast, which preceded the night's pay-per-view main card, bested every UFC on FX main-card broadcast and PPV preliminary-card special since the UFC moved from Spike TV to the FOX family of channels earlier this year.

If you're not a member of the UFC fight club or whatever it's called, is it going to be pretty impossible to get reasonably priced tickets for this? Would love to go but don't want to pay scalper prices.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Wouldn't getting on the prelims make you more sponsorship money? I highly doubt the guys opening the card are getting any part of the ppv, so if I'd rather be seen by 3x as many eyeballs.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What is the stance on the UFC bringing over Gegard Mousasi or Rafael Cavalcante once their contracts are up with Strikeforce? While neither is an immediate contender for Jones, they both would permit the UFC to have new match-ups. In addition, with Tito, Rampage, and even Franklin and Forrest on their way out of the UFC, there needs to be fresh blood for the division.

I am surprised there has yet to be an Ultimate Fighter that features the Light-Heavyweight Division since 2008. Here's a list of fighters still employed with the UFC after debuting on TUF.

From Season 1: Leben, Griffin, Bonnar, and Swick (kind of)
From Season 3: Bisping (and Hamill, before Jones retired him)
From Season 5: Bader, Kingsbury, Lawlor, Sosznyski (may be retired)

There's also Rashad Evans, who debuted at Heavyweight, that fights within the LHW division.

Divisional breakdown on TUF since 2005, with FW and BW being introduced in 2010
Middleweight: 6 times
Lightweight: 5 times
Welterweight: 5 times
Light-Heavyweight: 3 times
Heavyweight: 2 times
Featherweight: 2 times
Bantamweight: 1 time

So anyone rose think Anderson looked really pissed at the presser? More pissed at Dana than Chael though. There was a few times he wanted to laugh at Chael.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So anyone rose think Anderson looked really pissed at the presser? More pissed at Dana than Chael though. There was a few times he wanted to laugh at Chael.

Andy's sorta been pissed off. I think at this point hes taking it as an insult that dana's allowing sonnen to act the way he does.

Top Bottom