• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

I have to lol at these dumbfucks who think that this whole shuffling of the UFC 137 card was all predetermined from the get go. How the fuck would the UFC benefit from how this all went down?

Heel

Chamber said:
This question has already been answered.

1. Cain Velasquez
2. Junior Dos Santos

ibpkPy.gif

dream

polyh3dron said:
I have to lol at these dumbfucks who think that this whole shuffling of the UFC 137 card was all predetermined from the get go. How the fuck would the UFC benefit from how this all went down?

Well, everyone knows who Nick Diaz is now.

TheNatural

My Member!
polyh3dron said:

Cus Diaz is now the cool stoner social anxious posterboy. He'll come out to Nirvana next fight, and speak on the ills of social anxiety. It was all a setup.

yacobod

Banned
dream said:
Well, everyone knows who Nick Diaz is now.

exactly, if dana was serious about punishing nick he wouldn't be in the co-main-event and fight of the night.

and does anyone else notice how happy gsp fans are that they are fighting conduit instead of diaz. they try to sell it as a tougher opponent, but they are happy to be fighting their jackson mma buddy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yacobod said:
exactly, if dana was serious about punishing nick he wouldn't be in the co-main-event and fight of the night.

and does anyone else notice how happy gsp fans are that they are fighting conduit instead of diaz. they try to sell it as a tougher opponent, but they are happy to be fighting their jackson mma buddy.
I'm not happy at all. I wanted Diaz to get thoroughly wrestlefucked.

Heel

Norml said:
Watching the Redskins game,nice to see them advertising the Cain/JDS fight:)

Yep...commercials for Jones vs. Rampage too. To think they're going to do this week after week in front of UFC's prime demographic is pretty huge.

yacobod

Banned
what would happen if cain/jds doesn't pull like 1.25-1.5x the kimbo numbers, would it be a disappointment?

i wonder what the honest expectations for that show are...

dream

Being in the UFC doesn't always mean you get exposure or promoted properly.

I'm still trying to figure out who Clay "Heavy Metal" Havinson is.

Higgy

I sure remember him in the UFC. Raw but willing to scrap like a motherfucker. Hmm. I mean he's fought in the UFC 9 times already. How much more do you need to introduce a guy. It's not like he's easy to forget.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dream said:
Being in the UFC doesn't always mean you get exposure or promoted properly.

I'm still trying to figure out who Clay "Heavy Metal" Havinson is.
He's a TUF 13 cast member with one 1 UFC fight to his name. Not a shock most people don't know him because nobody watched TUF 13.

dream

Chamber said:
He's a TUF 13 cast member with one 1 UFC fight to his name. Not a shock most people don't know him because nobody watched TUF 13.

Rad, let's turn this into a trivia game!

Who are Chris "C-Murder" Cope and Justin "Fast Eddy" Edwards?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dream said:
Rad, let's turn this into a trivia game!

Who are Chris "C-Murder" Cope and Justin "Fast Eddy" Edwards?

l8Wht.jpg

I might be the only person here who watches TUF but whatever, I love my jobbers.

yacobod

Banned
CaptYamato said:
That is the guy he should work with. It would be amazing.

i concur, and maybe some of josh's promo skills would rub on georges as well. but really maybe its also a product of the competition josh faces, but when he gets down on the ground its only a matter of time he gets the sub.

Higgy said:
Or access to his steroids!

you think gsp is clean? for the record i'm not bashing him but i personally think most mma fighters are on some sort of PED, legal or illegal.

Heel

dream said:
sien916 is hard to stump.

How about...Mitch Clarke, John "The Bull" Makdessi, and Jim Miller?

Don't know Mitch Clarke.......who in the fuck is Jim Miller?

Makdessi is one of my favorite prospects at 155. Definitely check into him.

johnmakdessispinningbapdh4.gif

Higgy

yacobod said:
i concur, and maybe some of josh's promo skills would rub on georges as well. but really maybe its also a product of the competition josh faces, but when he gets down on the ground its only a matter of time he gets the sub.

you think gsp is clean? for the record i'm not bashing him but i personally think most mma fighters are on some sort of PED, legal or illegal.

Probably not. Just couldn't resist sticking a steroid joke in when someone mentions getting something from Josh. If GSP is gonna juice it least knock a motherfucker out. Don't use them so you can squeeze and whisper sweet nothings in their ears for 5 rounds.

yacobod said:

I agree. How else do these guys heal so fast and train so hard.

dream

And why do you think so many main eventers are getting hurt and pulling out of fights? Steroid induced overtraining!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Jim Miller is the guy who was dominated by Bendo. It was funny seeing the majority of gaffers thinking Miller was going to win. I never doubted PRAISE GAWD.

Heel

sazabirules said:
Jim Miller is the guy who was dominated by Bendo. It was funny seeing the majority of gaffers thinking Miller was going to win. I never doubted PRAISE GAWD.

I'm still drawing a blank here...dream, you know this guy?

Higgy

If there is a major steroid problem bubbling underneath the sport it's just a matter of time before it gets exposed. Now with the sport getting more exposure its also gonna get more scrutiny. I'm sure it will be yahoo sports or SI. Or a doctor will get pinched and all the names will come out.

dream

No clue, I remember Bendo tooling quite a few generic white men. Is sazabirules talking about the dude who wears a cowboy hat and calls the interviewers "little lady?"

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
sien916 said:
I'm still drawing a blank here...dream, you know this guy?

I know him. His persona has rarely been funny.

No clue, I remember Bendo tooling quite a few generic white men. Is sazabirules talking about the dude who wears a cowboy hat and calls the interviewers "little lady?"

The latest generic white man :p Cowboy Hat wouldn't get tooled by Bendo. One of them is going to be champion eventually.

sazabirules said:
I was all ready to have a Bendo Hate Party when he won for his PRAISE GAWD bullshit but he actually didn't do that after beating Jimmy.

yacobod

Banned
sazabirules said:
I know him. His persona has rarely been funny.

The latest generic white man :p Cowboy Hat wouldn't get tooled by Bendo. One of them is going to be champion eventually.

cowboy is going to get tooled once he fights somebody good, he's fought all cans so far in the ufc. he might not even get passed siver.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
yacobod said:
cowboy is going to get tooled once he fights somebody good, he's fought all cans so far in the ufc. he might not even get passed siver.

Wasn't the Brazilian can supposed to have better striking than cowboy? I'm trying to think of who he should fight if he beats Siver.

Higgy said:
If there is a major steroid problem bubbling underneath the sport it's just a matter of time before it gets exposed. Now with the sport getting more exposure its also gonna get more scrutiny. I'm sure it will be yahoo sports or SI. Or a doctor will get pinched and all the names will come out.

American Football is the biggest sport in the US and you don't hear shit about it. It's all about who talks. Baseball was exposed because players opened their mouths.

Top Bottom