• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

Jake Ellenberger vs. Jake Shields
Court McGee vs. Dongi Yang
Jonathan Brookins vs. Erik Koch
Alan Belcher vs. Jason MacDonald
Cody McKenzie vs. Vagner Rocha
Shamar Bailey vs. Evan Dunham
Lance Benoist vs. Matt Riddle
Ken Stone vs. Donny Walker
Seth Baczynski vs. Clay Harvison
Mike Stumpf vs. T.J. Waldburger
Mike Lullo vs. Robert Peralta
Justin Edwards vs. Jorge Lopez

Not really stepping out on a limb with most of these picks, haha. Thought about picking Ellenberger but just can't do it. Shields is fighting for his dad in this one.

Looking forward to seeing Lopez and Peralta on the undercard.

I don't know if anyone would care to watch, but we put on amateur fights at my gym and I made a hasty highlight reel of our recent show in about 20 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl3V2cUrK10

Also, does anyone else feel like we need a separate thread for combat sports training? I feel like so much of GAF has no fucking clue what self defense is really about and would benefit from at least reading the discussion.

Heel

Anyone else watching Legacy Fighting Championships 8? I can't believe I'm watching a card with Pete Spratt as the main event. Just saw a nice headkick KO though!

yacobod

Banned
upon further reflection, i might just skip the ufc card tomorrow, and catch the highlights on dvr the next day. tuf reject central.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sazabirules said:
Is the Fight Night going to get its own thread? It doesn't seem like there is enough interest for one.
We'll just keep it here. Only UFC PPVs and full FOX cards are worthy of separate threads.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Chamber said:
We'll just keep it here. Only UFC PPVs and full FOX cards are worthy of separate threads.

Okay I was just making sure. The last Versus card got a thread, which ended up having some decent fights.

Heel

TheNatural said:
And M-1 cards, don't forget those.

I'm convinced people hating on M-1 cards have never actually seen one. Don't let your hatred for their management practices skew your opinion. They're almost always batshit insane and awesome.

sazabirules said:
Is the Fight Night going to get its own thread? It doesn't seem like there is enough interest for one.
If the UFC can't be bothered to stream live weigh-ins for this shitty event that they're just using to burn off fighter contracts, then GAF sure as shit can't be bothered to make an OT for it.

sazabirules said:
Okay I was just making sure. The last Versus card got a thread, which ended up having some decent fights.
that was pre-Fox deal. I think this last Versus card should get one though, it's got the bantamweight strap on the line and my boy Mighty Mouse is gonna take it word is bond son.

polyh3dron said:
that was pre-Fox deal. I think this last Versus card should get one though, it's got the featherweight bantamweight strap on the line and my boy Mighty Mouse is gonna take it word is bond son.
I had to do a double take. At first I was like, "Florian's out?! No way can Mighty Mouse beat Aldo!"

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I thought Fitch won. Penn thought so too. But w/e it's not like it was a dominating performance in any aspect so hard to get upset either way.

yacobod said:
he won 2 rounds, but i even admit the third round was a 10-8 round for fitch. wish bj didn't gas because he had that fight in the bag.
playing pattycake on someone's face while sitting on him shouldn't earn Fitch a 10-8. We went over this in the UFC 127 thread.

sien916 said:
I'm convinced people hating on M-1 cards have never actually seen one. Don't let your hatred for their management practices skew your opinion. They're almost always batshit insane and awesome.
I don't care how good their fights are, they're responsible for killing every single MMA organization that has challenged the UFC's dominance, even PRIDE. Fuck M-1.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
sien916 said:
Andrei Arlovski's Camp Turns Down Sean McCorkle for ProElite 2

28veomqjpgfriy.gif

It's a sad day for someone's career when they duck Sean McCorkle.

sien916 said:

When he got his first win he was 1-18. I think I would have called it quits shortly after. The guy he beat did.

Heel

industrian said:
When he got his first win he was 1-18. I think I would have called it quits shortly after. The guy he beat did.

Hahaha...losing to this guy twice in a row in back-to-back weekends would definitely call for a career change. Checking out the records of the guys he actually beat right now...wow.

sazabirules said:
Korean Zombie vs Hominick is being targeted for UFC 140.

Zombie called him out so I guess he got his wish. Anyone know why he had such a long layoff?

sazabirules said:
Korean Zombie vs Hominick is being targeted for UFC 140.
Love this fight.

Who's ready for 3.5 hours of prelims tonight? Usually I torture myself by watching boxing undercards on Yahoo but I don't know if I can handle it this time.

Heel

BigKaboom2 said:
Who's ready for 3.5 hours of prelims tonight? Usually I torture myself by watching boxing undercards on Yahoo but I don't know if I can handle it this time.

Always. Going to pick winners this time?

The Mayweather-Ortiz undercard looks pretty solid tonight. When does that start? I think there's some overlap between the two events.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm not too interested in either of the combat sports cards tonight. I don't even watch Corrupt Football anymore but I'll watch Oklahoma vs FSU to watch Landry Jones and see if he's worth the hype (my NFL team needs a quarterback). I'll have Mayweather on pc in the background so if on the tiny chance he gets KO'd I can look back when the announcers freak, the game on tv, and maybe I'll change the channel to the UFC card once the main event starts. The only fighter I reallly care about on tonight's card is Dunham, I'll watch him knock Bailey out of the UFC but that's the only prelim I'll watch. Such a drab card.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I wish I had HDNet. Showing the Best of DREAM at 4 est and I wouldn't mind watching Overeem and Diaz crush some cans.

sien916 said:
The Mayweather-Ortiz undercard looks pretty solid tonight. When does that start?
7 PM ET at http://sports.yahoo.com/box

Five and a half hours of UFC, five and a half of boxing, four of Bellator. TOO MUCH.

They're trying to bury the Bellator prelim stream as much as possible on Spike's site. Main card is at 7 PM ET rather than 9 if anyone was gonna watch.
MAIN CARD (MTV2)

Bryan Baker vs. Jared Hess (middleweight tourney quarterfinal)
Zelg Galesic vs. Alexander Shlemenko (middleweight tourney quarterfinal)
Sam Alvey vs. Vitor Vianna (middleweight tourney quarterfinal)
Victor O'Donnell vs. Brian Rogers (middleweight tourney quarterfinal)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Rad Martinez vs. Brian Van Hoven
Ailton Barbosa vs. Ryan Keenan
Valdir Araujo vs. Brett Cooper
John Kelly vs. Cristiano Souza
Martin Brown vs. James "J.P." Reese
Marcelo Goncalves vs. Dietter Navarro
Shah Bobonis vs. Marcos da Matta
SHLEMENKO

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BigKaboom2 said:
7 PM ET at http://sports.yahoo.com/box

Five and a half hours of UFC, five and a half of boxing, four of Bellator. TOO MUCH.

They're trying to bury the Bellator prelim stream as much as possible on Spike's site. Main card is at 7 PM ET rather than 9 if anyone was gonna watch.

SHLEMENKO
SPINNING BACKFIST!

Top Bottom