• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Korean guy good? Most of his victories are TKOs.

Shields hasn't been knocked out in ten years. All of his recent fights have been against decent competition. Who has Ellenberger fought?

yacobod said:
If hendo and gsp didn't ko jake, how is elllenburger going to ko him?
by using his wrestling to keep the fight on the feet (hendo's MMA wrestling is really overrated), by not being 40 years old and cutting too much weight fucking up his gas tank, and by not being a Goddamn Sleeping Pill

sazabirules said:
Is the Korean guy good? Most of his victories are TKOs.

Shields hasn't been knocked out in ten years. All of his recent fights have been against decent competition. Who has Ellenberger fought?
Ellenberger has the perfect combination of wrestling and KO power that is going to give Shields lots of worry.

I want to see Shields back at middle. A lot more interesting fights for him there and he would add more depth to what many people consider a "weak" division. Shields vs Okami rematch would be interesting imo.

yacobod

Banned
Host Samurai said:
I want to see Shields back at middle. A lot more interesting fights for him there and he would add more depth to what many people consider a "weak" division. Shields vs Okami rematch would be interesting imo.

Watching okami fight is never interesting, but I agree I liked shields at 185, he sems really depleted now that he's back at 170.

I never liked Hendo or Wandy at middle. They both seemed "off" at that weight for some reason. I might be in the minority on this but I would like to see Vitor at LHW again, but I guess the MW division needs him.

This is the MW division to me
Silva>>>>>>Vitor>>>Franklin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

DKehoe

Host Samurai said:
This is the MW division to me
Silva>>>>>>Vitor>>>Franklin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else
You make Chael sad.
img_6535-682x1024.jpg

yacobod

Banned
Host Samurai said:
Not going to take anything away from him but he looses to Silva, Vitor and Franklin.

Chael would have his way with new or old vitor. I think he would beat franklin too, but franklin is a 205er and probably will never be back at 185.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
sien916 said:
Maybe he's trying to line up a fight with McCorkle's last opponent, Alex Rozman? Now that's can crushing!

I've seen Rozman fight on a couple of small shows. He looked more like a WWE wrestler than an MMA fighter. Way too much muscle mass.....oh and he can't fight either.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sien916 said:
Maybe he's trying to line up a fight with McCorkle's last opponent, Alex Rozman? Now that's can crushing!
Jeez...

At what point does one give up on the idea of being a professional fighter? For me, a 1-14 record with TEN first round finishes, is well past that point.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Chamber said:
Well I haven't wrestled since Junior High but I think I might get in on the Midwest can circuit.

It doesn't take much to get a fight. Go train for 2 or 3 months and someone will give you one.

Boogie

CaptYamato said:
Exactly.

When BJ beats his ass, people will bring up how Diaz fought scrubs in SF.

I don't know, with BJ falling over backwards to explain away him saying "I will beat Nick Diaz", I'd almost think than BJ is scared of Nick. ;)

yacobod

Banned
Boogie said:
Not true.

In September 2010, before their October fight, the BE consensus rankings had Dan Hardy at #6.

Suck it.

if you honestly think dan hardy was a top 10 fighter at 170# at any point you are a retard. he's lost 4 times in a row, and has been stopped twice by journeyman fighters. amazing that he lasted 25 minutes with the champ :)

yacobod said:
if you honestly think dan hardy was a top 10 fighter at 170# at any point you are a retard. he's lost 4 times in a row, and has been stopped twice by journeyman fighters. amazing that he lasted 25 minutes with the champ :)
I guess Fedor was never p4p either.

Boogie

yacobod said:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/9/29/1521336/usat-sbn-september-mma-consensus-rankings-welterweight

Hey, I think it's just as retarded that Nick Diaz is somehow #5 on that list.

Hindsight in rankings is always amusing. I mean, lots of people still parrot the "Mark Hunt was ranked in the top 10 when he fought Fedor!!!!" line.

Bottom line is: you have no use for facts and logic, or consistent arguments. We know you're just a troll. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

yacobod

Banned
what does it have to do with facts and logic. you are telling me dan hardy is a top 10 fighter at 170, and i disagree.

name 10 guys at 170# you would rank above nick diaz? he's top 10. the only guys i think he'd lose to in the ufc are gsp and fitch. i think he beats everyone else. 50/50 odds with bj.

Boogie

And really, it's okay to just hate or not like certain fighters. Really.

Just don't try to justify it by pretending it's based on any sort of rhyme or reason.

I hate Penn. (not as much as Diaz, tho, so I'll actually be cheering for him)

There's no real reason for this. I don't come up with elaborate nonsensical arguments for WHY hating Penn is the only rational position for any REAL fan of MMA.

I just accept my haterade for him and move on.

But you surround your haterade with clouds of bullshit and trolling, which is annoying and has dragged down discussion in this here OT2.

Boogie

yacobod said:
what does it have to do with facts and logic. you are telling me dan hardy is a top 10 fighter at 170, and i disagree.

name 10 guys at 170# you would rank above nick diaz? he's top 10. the only guys i think he'd lose to in the ufc are gsp and fitch. i think he beats everyone else. 50/50 odds with bj.

WAS. I am saying that in September 2010, Dan Hardy was considered a top 10 fighter. Reading comprehension, bro.

Guys above Diaz: GSP, Fitch, Kos, Hughes, Shields, Condit, BJ, Diego. Maybe not Diego. I'd put him legitimately around #7 or 8 at WW. It's hard to tell because Diaz has played "big fish in small pond" for so long.

I believe rankings should be based on accomplishment and not potential (which is why I believe Overeem is currently overrated).

There's no way Diaz' weak record of opposition should place him in the top 5. His best win at WW since 2004 is Daley, for fuck's sake.

yacobod said:

Who has he fought? Scrubs in Strikeforce. are saying the SF 170 division is deep?

yacobod

Banned
Boogie said:
But you surround your haterade with clouds of bullshit and trolling, which is annoying and has dragged down discussion in this here OT2.

so ultimately you guys can't get over the fact that i find gsp boring. different strokes i guess.

the only fighter i go out of my way to troll is overeem, otherwise i'm innocent officer.

Top Bottom