• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
CaptYamato said:
I offered him a deal and he said no.

when did i decline the offer? avatar or monetary i don't care.

hell you reemtards can even collaborate together and come up with an avatar, i don't care.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yacobod said:
sien - i'm on record of saying that brock is going to beat overeem, and at the end of the road he probably will have a losing record in the ufc hw division.

the same ppl who denigrate fedor, prop up overeem. i don't get that at all, so i am here to provide the counter balance. the tomato cans that overeem got fat off of the last 3 or 4 years in mma would even make m1 global blush. james thompson, fujita, todd duffee, brett rodgers, gary goodridge, those wins make you a top ranked fighter at 265? why should anyone be impressed by his HW resume in mma. dude is a can crusher. his first fight in 5 years and he gassed out in 3 minutes in an incredibly lackluster fight against werdum. i don't know why you say people shouldnt hold that against him. it was his first relevant mma fight in like 5 years.

and to dream, the only and best dubbed finishing combo in mma is RHK hospital, LHK cemetery. might be the thing i'm most looking forward to at ufc 137.
Why not? There's a top ranked Welterweight with a win streak consisting of the likes of Katsuya Inoue, Muhsin Corbbrey, Thomas Denny, 162 year old Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, Marius Zaromskis, and the lesser Cyborg Santos.

Heel

Chamber said:
Why not? There's a top ranked Welterweight with a win streak consisting of the likes of Katsuya Inoue, Muhsin Corbbrey, Thomas Denny, 162 year old Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, Marius Zaromskis, and the lesser Cyborg Santos.

ibpkPy.gif

Heel

1MHs7.jpg

Hey guys,

In that photo, Matt weighed 266lbs!

No talk of dropping to light-heavy, he just wants to fulfill his potential as an athlete.

By the way, that pic was taken after just three weeks on my program, with seven more weeks until fight night!!!

Much respect to Matt for his hard work and discipline.

-Mike Dolce
MYDolceDiet.com

Photo on the right is from his last weigh-in at UFC on Versus 4...261 lbs. Hard to believe he's heavier on the left. Either way...Meathead 2.0?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ugh, it's a shame cause during that TUF I felt he was a meat head and a joke of a fighter but I think he's shown real improvement in his fights and now feel that Evans nickname for him is unwarranted.

Plywood said:
Ugh, it's a shame cause during that TUF I felt he was a meat head and a joke of a fighter but I think he's shown real improvement in his fights and now feel that Evans nickname for him is unwarranted.

Yea

He looks like he may be able to stick around for a while after being such a joke on TUF

AiTM

Banned
Dunham only really lost to Guillard (I think he won that decision against Sherk). Other than that he had a nice win streak. No way he loses to SHAMAR BAILEY. Why would anyone take this no name shitty tuf fighter over dunham.

agrajag

Banned
sien916 said:
I don't really want to debate the dynamics of this fight again, haha. Neither of them wanted enter their opponent's realm and it turned into a shitty fight. Judging Overeem by this one performance isn't doing him justice. Same goes for Werdum.

And Overeem spent a round on the ground on top of Werdum. That makes Werdum's ADCC credentials a laughable joke and his bjj overrated by yacobod's retarded logic.

agrajag

Banned
yacobod said:
sien - i'm on record of saying that brock is going to beat overeem, and at the end of the road he probably will have a losing record in the ufc hw division.

the same ppl who denigrate fedor, prop up overeem. i don't get that at all, so i am here to provide the counter balance. the tomato cans that overeem got fat off of the last 3 or 4 years in mma would even make m1 global blush. james thompson, fujita, todd duffee, brett rodgers, gary goodridge, those wins make you a top ranked fighter at 265? why should anyone be impressed by his HW resume in mma. dude is a can crusher. his first fight in 5 years and he gassed out in 3 minutes in an incredibly lackluster fight against werdum. i don't know why you say people shouldnt hold that against him. it was his first relevant mma fight in like 5 years.

and to dream, the only and best dubbed finishing combo in mma is RHK hospital, LHK cemetery. might be the thing i'm most looking forward to at ufc 137.

I don't remember M1 blushing when Fedor fought those guys. Fujita and Rogers gave Fedor real fights, while Overeem spanked Rogers like a little child and sent Fujita into a coma.

The facts are: Overeem beat two top 10 ranked fighters in his last three fights, stop crying.

Does anyone know of a site that lists UFC finishes by % for the past year or over time? I'm trying to develop a betting game with my friend and I'd like to figure out the weight of probability for different kind of finishes. Even better than that is if someone already plays a similar game and could tell me how you do it and the point values?

Right now we're using the old UFC Fantasy rules. 15 points per fighter, 7 for method, 5 for round, 1 for minute and then a bonus of 15 points for getting everything exactly right. I'm thnking about getting rid of the bonus for decisions and lumping ko/tko into one and all submissions into one.

Prisen

yacobod said:

Oh you mean that guy whose best win in the last 4 years is Pat Barry.

yacobod

Banned
agrajag said:
I don't remember M1 blushing when Fedor fought those guys. Fujita and Rogers gave Fedor real fights, while Overeem spanked Rogers like a little child and sent Fujita into a coma.

The facts are: Overeem beat two top 10 ranked fighters in his last three fights, stop crying.

Facts are he beat 1 top guy, and a win over fujita in 2003 is better than one in 2010. Might be hard to see clearly when your head is so far up reems ass. Unless rodgers is a top win lol.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maklershed said:
Does anyone know of a site that lists UFC finishes by % for the past year or over time? I'm trying to develop a betting game with my friend and I'd like to figure out the weight of probability for different kind of finishes. Even better than that is if someone already plays a similar game and could tell me how you do it and the point values?

Right now we're using the old UFC Fantasy rules. 15 points per fighter, 7 for method, 5 for round, 1 for minute and then a bonus of 15 points for getting everything exactly right. I'm thnking about getting rid of the bonus for decisions and lumping ko/tko into one and all submissions into one.

year old
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/1/1721043/ufc-by-numbers-finishing-rates-and-weight-class

yacobod

Banned
Prisen said:
Oh you mean that guy whose best win in the last 4 years is Pat Barry.
Why are you picking on mr. Crocop? He's on the retirement legends circuit at this point, he isn't delusional like nog to hype himself up as a contender. He's collecting paychecks because ppl still like to see him fight, he still gets a top 5 pop from the crowd in the ufc.

And I was talking about dubbed finishers, so you're like a child wandering into a conversation with no frame of reference.

agrajag

Banned
yacobod said:
Facts are he beat 1 top guy, and a win over fujita in 2003 is better than one in 2010. Might be hard to see clearly when your head is so far up reems ass. Unless rodgers is a top win lol.

Fact: Fujita rocked Fedor. Fact: Overeeenm obliterated Fujita. Fact: Rogers was ranked in top 10 both Fedor and Overeem fought him. Fact: Werdum subbed Fedor easily. Fact: Overeem spent a round in Werdum's guard when they fought. Fact: Fedor had a war with Cropcop. Fact: Overeem ragdolled Crocop with ease soon after.

^ this

Fedor had lots of trouble with Rogers in the first round too. Overeem made him look like a scrub.
dream said:
Poor lost frightened child wandering into a conversation with no frame of reference. ):
I am the walrus?

yacobod

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
Ragdolled his testicles?
Ya and that was after the kongo fight, his balls took a beating 2 fights in a row.

Can you reemtards at least acknowledge that when fedor was clearing out the pride hw division, overeem was getting tkod by the best lhws on the planet every other match?

agrajag

Banned
yacobod said:
Ya and that was after the kongo fight, his balls took a beating 2 fights in a row.

Can you reemtards at least acknowledge that when fedor was clearing out the pride hw division, overeem was getting tkod by the best lhws on the planet every other match?

Yeah, that's right, he's fought in a much harder field and he lost to the cream of the crop of the division. But we're not talking about that, we're talking about now.

dream

I'm sorry, I know you don't make the rankings, but anyone who uses those fraudulent rankings to implicitly argue that "bret grim used to be one of the 10 best fighters IN THE WORLD" needs to...i dont even know

I'm exasperated.

agrajag

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:
Ragdolled his testicles?

That notwithstanding, if you watched the fight Crocop never posed any danger to Overeem, not even a little. He was getting dominated in all kinds of ways.

dream said:
I'm sorry, I know you don't make the rankings, but anyone who uses those fraudulent rankings to implicitly argue that "bret grim used to be one of the 10 best fighters IN THE WORLD" needs to...i dont even know

I'm exasperated.

If the argument is about Overeem's current ranking, then yes it is a legitimate fight to bring up.

If it's an argument is about Overeem's competition vs. Fedor's competition, then it's also a legitimate fight to bring up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Heavyweight is a shallow as fuck division in the first place so ragging on guys for being a can crusher is unfair in a way. Everyone outside the top 15 or so is either a can or a prospect crushing other cans or prospects.

Reem is in the UFC now so we'll find out where he stands one way or another.

yacobod

Banned
Anyone else see the blogpost, I guess bj penn refused to say "I'm going to beat nick diaz" for the ufc primetime for 137. The love affair continues.

dream

yacobod said:
Anyone else see the blogpost, I guess bj penn refused to say "I'm going to beat nick diaz" for the ufc primetime for 137. The love affair continues.

real recognize real

yacobod said:
whoa there buddy watch it with the provocative trash talk

u think this is wwe or somethin

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sazabirules said:
Are any of the fights tomorrow on the FN main card worth watching? I'll definitely watch Jake vs. Jake.
Belcher/MacDonald

There's an inordinate amount of TUF rejects on the card.

Top Bottom