• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

ESPN's Jon Anik joins UFC broadcasting team

Anik will commentate UFC Fight Night and The Ultimate Fighter Finale events on FX, and he'll also call the action for the live "TUF" episodes that begin airing on the cable station in 2012.

So, the future of UFC commentary I'm guessing?

A Team: Goldberg and Rogan (PPV and FOX)
B Team: Anik and Florian (Fight Night and TUF)

I thought Anik did a great job on the first season of Bellator, especially considering how new to the game he is. Anything is better than Goldie at this point.

yacobod

Banned
micronelson.png

checik.png

bjnick.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
sazabirules said:
Does Diaz ever look interested in doing anything?

Watch an interview where someone asks him about his Triathalons, he gets super excited and interested every time.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sinatar said:
Watch an interview where someone asks him about his Triathalons, he gets super excited and interested every time.

Looking at the kind of person he is, I just don't see him being the type that does triathlons.

DKehoe

Sinatar said:
Yeh if you ask him about his diet or triathalons he becomes pretty animated.

They should have Cesar Gracie be his Ed Soares, ask him questions through someone he knows so that he doesn't get as anxious.

dream

cheesy, I was livid about the idea of Sony charging $10 for a 2 hour Infamous standalone game but then I saw you spooging over it so I bought it based on your implicit recommendation so if I end up feeling gypped, you owe me $10.

JB1981

yacobod said:
you might not want to post anything derogatory about slippery georges in here. all his white knights will swing down from his balls and attack you with wrestling and dominant ground control.

i like george but i find this kind of promotion unfit for a man who fights for a living.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
dream said:
cheesy, I was livid about the idea of Sony charging $10 for a 2 hour Infamous standalone game but then I saw you spooging over it so I bought it based on your implicit recommendation so if I end up feeling gypped, you owe me $10.

Pffft, I'll lamp you or something :/

I do think its very good though, just finished the missions. Was pulling of some sick combos/kills with the flying, heaps of fun.

Big Country looks like he's dressed for a funeral...................

yacobod

Banned
dream said:

dream what do you think about big country showing up to the press conference in a business suit?

dream

yacobod said:
dream what do you think about big country showing up to the press conference in a business suit?

clearly he's expecting to get hit with the LHK

because he's wearing a suit

and Mirko said left kick cemetery

and you are buried in a suit

that's what the joke I made means

May16

yacobod said:
Matt Hammil - W
Rivera - W
That illegal knee was pretty much the end of the Rivera fight. Yeah I know Bisping was doing well, but not so much that you could say definitively that was totally going to win the fight. After the illegal knee, that's when you could tell Jorge had no chance. That messed him up pretty bad.

And Hammil, I'll agree with Joe Rogan when he said "I don't think anybody in the building though Michael Bisping won that fight." =/

When we're listing a "good" resume, we've got to consider more than just W's and L's.

So what you are saying is that Penn is fighting someone a lot bigger than him. So if Diaz wins I can pull the "Penn was fighting someone bigger than him" card that certain Gaffers pull on GSP?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
CaptYamato said:
So what you are saying is that Penn is fighting someone a lot bigger than him. So if Diaz wins I can pull the "Penn was fighting someone bigger than him" card that certain Gaffers pull on GSP?
"Diaz is an oversized welterweight. He's cutting from 200+lbs these days!"

Heel

Anyone else leaning towards Kongo pulling off an "upset" this weekend? I'm a fan of Meathead, but this a pretty big step up for the guy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Meathead isn't so talented that I feel the need to look past the fact that he's been fighting the worst of the worst in the Heavyweight division. I think Kongo takes him easily.

Heel

Chamber said:
Meathead isn't so talented that I feel the need to look past the fact that he's been fighting the worst of the worst in the Heavyweight division. I think Kongo takes him easily.

Uh, you didn't hear? Meathead is going to be the #3 heayweight in the world next year. Right behind Josh Barnett and Bigfoot Silva.

...where's Kaboom?! :(

Heel

Kongo is at +120 on Bodog.

I think if I was gambling I'd take Roop at +300. I like Hioki but the line is wrong.

Top Bottom