• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lol @ anyone thinking guys like Condit and Diaz would be tough fights for GSP.

I must say, all the jokes about GSP and Condit having a sparring session is hilarious given how much Baby Jay and Nick are swinging from each other's sack.

Heel

UFC 137: Blood, Sweat and Tears

In reference to Conduit, GSP,
and every Nick Diaz / Cro Cop fan who thought they'd win.

Heel

Chamber said:
2vbu49l.gif

Feels good, man.

Why Bisping shouldn't do pre-fight interviews

The last line is pure gold.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Someone should teach Prince how to jab.

Also the more I see it the less I think that was a tap last week. He basically slapped his leg once then there was a tiny bounce not a second slap.

May16

Man I was kinda neutral on Bisping before, but watching his antics on the new season of The Ultimate Fighter have made *ME* want to fight the guy.

(Not fair or anything, because he's unfortunately very capable of breaking me in half in a fair fight.)

I shall be living vicariously through Jason Miller on the day of their fight.

SteveWD40

Aye, Mike is awful on TUF, he needs to just kick back and accept the heel role, it making him plenty of money.

As for their fight, people picking Mayhem are just picking against Mike and deep down they know it, Miller hasn't got the wrestling to get Mike down and hold him there, his only shot to win is on the mat.

SteveWD40 said:
Aye, Mike is awful on TUF, he needs to just kick back and accept the heel role, it making him plenty of money.
The fact that he swears up and down that he's not a heel and his whole facade of trying to be a good guy makes it better though

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bisping gets too pissy when the tables are turned for him to just be playing the heel. He's a legit douche.

yacobod said:
indeed. Pretty sure Bisping is going to decision him fairly easily or maybe even finish him. Bisping has fought far better guys than Mayhem.
He has the most padded record in the UFC.

Mayhem is a good fighter. Him and Bis are around the same level and both play perfect against each others weaknesses. Yaco just doesn't like him because his boy that never backs away from a fight ducked him.

yacobod

Banned
Chamber said:
He has the most padded record in the UFC.

ok so notable fights while in the UFC:

Rashad Evans - Split Dec L
Dan Henderson - KO L
Wand Silva - Unanimous Dec L
Leben - Dec W
Dan Miller - Dec W
Dennis Kang - W
Akiyama - W
King of Rock N Rumble - W
Matt Hammil - W
Rivera - W

That's a pretty good resume, certainly a lot better than w/e cans mayhem was fighting in japan or strikeforce in the last 5 or 6 years.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yacobod said:
That's a pretty good resume, certainly a lot better than w/e cans mayhem was fighting in japan or strikeforce in the last 5 or 6 years.
It really isn't. His most notable wins are Leben, Akiyama and Kang. That's no different than Mayhem beating up the Robbie Lawler's and Tim Kennedy's of the world.

I hope Mayhem wins but I just think Bisping is too big and well rounded for him. I don't see him winning by leg kicks like he did against Lawler. I don't see him taking Bisping down or subbing him from the bottom. I think he'll lose a decision. But would be nice to see him win and do well in the UFC.

yacobod

Banned
Sherdog's Pro's Picks for Diaz vs Penn.

Pros Picking Diaz: 13
Pros Picking Penn: 13
No Pick: 4

Anthony Pettis said:
This fight is gonna be a war. I’m going with my boy, B.J., on this one. I think he has something to prove, and I can’t wait to watch.

Javier Vasquez said:
This should be a great fight. Standing, B.J. should be a more powerful striker, but Diaz will be throwing punches in bunches. Diaz will have a significant conditioning edge, and they should be very equal on the ground. B.J. does have slightly better wrestling. One strategy B.J. could follow is to take Diaz down and hold him down on the ground. I doubt that Diaz will be trying to get back to his feet because he is so comfortable off of his back. This could cost him rounds, as I don’t think he will be able to submit Penn from his back. The likely outcome of this fight will be that both fighters will stand and bang. I think Diaz will outlast Penn in the standup and should record a TKO late in the third round after a tough and bloody bout.

SteveWD40

Just watched TUF:

Bisping needs to calm down when he shit talks, he gets caught up in it and starts sentences with no end, also, I grew up about 20 miles from where he did and even I can't stand that fucking accent.

That said, anyone pretending Mayhem is in anyway better, more classy or less of a douche is just blind hating on Mike, they are both overrated trolls who will put on a less than exiting fight in December and wht winner will lose to whoever they get next at a guess.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Chamber said:
Bisping gets too pissy when the tables are turned for him to just be playing the heel. He's a legit douche.

isnt mayhem getting pissy now that the tables are turned? bispings bragging after his guys win is EXACTLY the dumb shit stuff mayhem did for the first several episodes.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Mayhem trolls Bisping. Bisping trolls Mayhem, Mayhem's coaches, and Mayhem's fighters. That's why he comes off as a bigger tool.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Chamber said:
Mayhem trolls Bisping. Bisping trolls Mayhem, Mayhem's coaches, and Mayhem's fighters. That's why he comes off as a bigger tool.

mayhems team and coaches had it coming. they all come off as tools to be honest, but calling out only bisping on it only is pretty weak.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
op_ivy said:
mayhems team and coaches had it coming. they all come off as tools to be honest, but calling out only bisping on it only is pretty weak.
Bisping instigated the drama with Mayhem's coaches.

Akira taunts Neace after their fight to the point where Keith Kizer threatens to suspend him while Bisping is telling Miller to control his team? Clown shoes, Mike. Bisping then trolls Neace for no reason during the fight announcements.

yacobod

Banned
Should be talking about MMA legend Mirko Cro-Cop and his potential farewell match at UFC 137 and not about TUF. I can't believe ppl still watch that shit.

Norml

yacobod said:
Sherdog's Pro's Picks for Diaz vs Penn.

Pros Picking Diaz: 13
Pros Picking Penn: 13
No Pick: 4

I like this one.
Ron Foster: This is a horrible match up for Penn. Diaz is the best BJJ player and striker that Penn has faced in the UFC. Outside of that, Diaz is a very long southpaw with a shotgun of a jab. B.J. has been able to outstrike most guys in the UFC, minus Frankie Edgar, by using his long jab and quick combinations. Unfortunately, he will be on the receiving end of that this time. Diaz has an iron chin and is nearly impossible to hurt. Adding to that is [the fact that] Penn will not have much of an advantage, if any, on the ground. This will be a standup war, and, in my opinion, Penn will be stopped by strikes in the cage. Diaz will earn another title shot with an impressive TKO over a game but undersized Penn.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
BJ brought in Koscheck and Hughes to train for this fight. This is going to be a pure wrestlefucking and I, for one, can't wait.

yacobod

Banned
sien916 said:
ESPN's MMA Live host Jon Anik is now with the UFC. Nice!

so are we any closer to getting rid of goldberg and rogan for a more professional production as the ufc moves to the major networks? i like rogan, he can keep doing weigh-ins and other things, but it might be time to retire the rogan and goldy combo.

Heel

yacobod said:
so are we any closer to getting rid of goldberg and rogan for a more professional production as the ufc moves to the major networks? i like rogan, he can keep doing weigh-ins and other things, but it might be time to retire the rogan and goldy combo.

Dana said he's doing commentary on FX fights and The Ultimate Fighter. Looks like they're assembling a new "b team".

yacobod

Banned
Chamber said:
BJ brought in Koscheck and Hughes to train for this fight. This is going to be a pure wrestlefucking and I, for one, can't wait.

fucking georges fans lamenting the loss of a 25 minute wrestling decision in the main event. maybe BJ can apologize at the end of the match too?

yacobod said:
fucking georges fans lamenting the loss of a 25 minute wrestling decision in the main event. maybe BJ can apologize at the end of the match too?
At least I said BJ will sink the sub. He's going to out wrestle Nick so bad.

Top Bottom