• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
knee said:
A lot of good shots in this one.

sIV4j.gif

yacobod

Banned
anyone making a 137 thread? i wanted to make it, but now that gsp dropped off the card due to a steroid related training injury, i've kind of lost motivation.

A nice Cro-cop tribute 137 thread would be nice tho. UFC 137 |OT| - RHK Hospital, LHK Cemetary and a Scrap in the ME!

yacobod

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
A nice tribute to Big Country's slimming down would be better.

UFC 137: Less Cals, More Beard.

a professional fighter getting in shape shouldn't be noteworthy or applauded. it's there job.

yacobod

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Well kicking people in the head is Cro Cops job as well....................

well i'm just saying that mma has a long way to go to match the professionalism of other major sports when something like that is news-worthy. and it's still amazing how many fighters still gas out after 1 round.

yacobod said:
anyone making a 137 thread? i wanted to make it, but now that gsp dropped off the card due to a steroid related training injury, i've kind of lost motivation.

A nice Cro-cop tribute 137 thread would be nice tho. UFC 137 |OT| - RHK Hospital, LHK Cemetary and a Scrap in the ME!
You're going to be so pissed when BJ shoots in and takes Diaz down.

Heel

dream said:
If you were an MMA journalist, who's the first fighter you would ask for an autograph?

Is this veiled commentary on the abysmal state of MMA journalism?

Probably Wanderlei Silva, after I was finished openly cheering for fighters from press row, selling event programs at the post-fight conference, and throwing Dana White some softballs so I don't get my credentials yanked.

yacobod

Banned
dream said:
If you were an MMA journalist, who's the first fighter you would ask for an autograph?

Id have mirko Crocop autograph one of my pride owgp dvds.

And lol at gsp fans trying to project their favorite athletes flaws on other fighters.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dream said:
Anderson Silva and/or Fedor Emilianenko

Lame i know.

MjFrancis

dream said:
Wanderlei Silva
Jose Aldo
Mirko Cro Cop

I'd ask them for an autograph anyways, journalist or not. Or probably the cheesy photograph where the fan tries to look as big and intimidating as the fighter, but comes off looking like a dork. Hell, even Jose Aldo probably walks around at a heavier weight than I do (I'm 165-168).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
MjFrancis said:
Wanderlei Silva
Jose Aldo
Mirko Cro Cop

I'd ask them for an autograph anyways, journalist or not. Or probably the cheesy photograph where the fan tries to look as big and intimidating as the fighter, but comes off looking like a dork. Hell, even Jose Aldo probably walks around at a heavier weight than I do (I'm 165-168).

I was a around Matt Hughes and Brian Foster about a week and a half ago and neither seemed much bigger than me and I'm not very big.

If Matt Hughes is 5'9 I must be 5'11(I'm 5'8).

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Do places like Buffalo Wild Wings only show the main card? I want to know if I have to watch the Spike fights at home before going.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sazabirules said:
Do places like Buffalo Wild Wings only show the main card? I want to know if I have to watch the Spike fights at home before going.

the best thing to do is to call and ask.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Cowboy is one of my favorites but it is lame he is trying defend his teammate who sucks. Let Garcia fight his own battles. Oh yeah he can't even win without horrible judging.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maklershed said:

"He said if our coaches were any good, they would have taught Leonard to throw down straight punches, but they don't know Leonard," Cerrone said. "You could teach Leonard anything, and as soon as he gets hit, he turns into that wild caveman, and that's just how he fights.
So, it's just Leonard that's a dumbass. Got it.

Depends what the bar is showing at 8:00

I work at a bar with a ton of TVs so I make sure to put on the prelims, but since its hockey season, the Leafs game will be on the speakers and main TVs until the PPV starts......

But back when PPVs are at 10:00, the end of the prelims will be on audio once the Leafs are done

Boogie

yacobod said:

Please, you wouldn't have gotten the chance.

If GSP was still on the card, the thread would have gone up four days ago. :p

yacobod said:

I think the best way to troll 137 is to not do a thread for it at all at this point

137 is the beauty pageant and GAF is Nick Diaz.

oh come on you know diaz would have brought the fight out of GSP. he doesn't exactly have a Dan Hardy guard or a Jake Shields striking deficiency.

Top Bottom