• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Instead of making Strikeforce a shitty bush league Dana should just do something different. Change the format up an go with it.

-Put in a ring
-Soccer kicks and head stomps (If allowed by the commission)
-Hire screaming PRIDE lady
-Give the fighters creative freedom on attire and entrance attire
-Have fighters cut promos
-All fights would be real and not fake BTW

It should be a combo of PRIDE and Pro wrestling. Im telling you, it would be a huge hit. Maybe even have the top guys head to the UFC if they are good. This would be an excellent platform to build stars and not the generic white guy that would fight anybody Joe Silva puts in front of him.

SteveWD40

Just imagine if the America men's soccer team was as good as the women's. America would officially be the best country at all the sports that matter.

Well Handegg, Baseball and Basketball don't matter, but MMA (Brazil?) Tennis (nope) Athletics and Swimming (yep), which others?

Well Handegg, Baseball and Basketball don't matter, but MMA (Brazil?) Tennis (nope) Athletics and Swimming (yep), which others?

American Football has the second most watched championship game in the world.

Also, let us be real here. MMA is ran by both Brazil and the US. 7 weight classes. Three Americans, Three Brazilians, and one from America's baby sister.

Instead of making Strikeforce a shitty bush league Dana should just do something different. Change the format up an go with it.

-Put in a ring

It should be a combo of PRIDE and Pro wrestling. Im telling you, it would be a huge hit. Maybe even have the top guys head to the UFC if they are good. This would be an excellent platform to build stars and not the generic white guy that would fight anybody Joe Silva puts in front of him.
A++++++ Agree with this post. Either that or the tourney feeder league structure that I and others have thrown in ideas about. But this would be way more fun.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
was mentioned on Nerd Chat during the event but Strikeforce is on the right path with this.
http://youtu.be/kt3HMq8Rjwk

More of this kind of promo will bring something unique and fun to the table then just being a UFC bushleague. Plus its the first good thing I've seen/heard from Frank in a couple years.

The biggest problem with trying to make Strikeforce a starter league for UFC is Dana hates anything that isn't under his control. He doesn't want to promote another brand even with Zuffa owning both..he see's it as damaging UFC's brand.

The fact that Zuffa and Strikeforce are letting talent like Daley bail and aren't pursuing fighters that are going to Superfightleague and OneFC just makes it feel like the organization isn't serious about growing the brand
I really feel like nothing would make Dana happier then for Showtime to cancel out of their Telecast deal so he can just shut SF down.

Before the Buyout Strikeforce was getting a good roster, was having very frequent events and had the Challengers series to give new talent a start on TV.
Now they stripped half their roster..forced them to put their Challengers level talent on prelims and left them with what 8 events for the year?

Maybe once Showtime bails and the TUF ratings finish bottoming out Zuffa could turn Strikeforce into the international TUF League and the belt winners in each weightclass gets to move to UFC.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
in response to Host Samurai

at least knees to a downed opponent would be a Godsend if Stomps and Soccer Kicks wouldn't fly.

In addition to your list add in:

Every single fighter under ZUFFA contract should be REQUIRED to take some basic Acting/broadcast course..sorry but Fighting is only half the job, selling the fight is the other half.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

-Put in a ring

I like this. But. no one will watch UFC if they make Strikeforce fights too much fun. So, do this to the real UFC. Have Paul Heynman do the booking and make Joe Silva dress up like Brother Love.

yacobod

Banned
Hey man classical shred might be cheesy but its awesome.

tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

i like some power metal though, old blind guardian is great, and i like kai hansen's gamma ray.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

-Put in a ring

PRIDE isn't coming back, friend. Time to let it go.

Its not about begging for PRIDE to come back. Its about offering a new product that fills a void between MMA and WWE. I am totally over PRIDE being done now, its been 6 years, but making Strikeforce a watered down UFC is not whats going to make people watch it. Most of the UFC stars are getting old and there is a huge lack of new fighters with star power. Creating a league as I suggested above would make not only make popular stars, but would be great for inter-promotional bouts. We can than start having fun discussions on who would win, UFC fighters or Strikeforce fighters.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

i like some power metal though, old blind guardian is great, and i like kai hansen's gamma ray.

From a guitar player perspective its awesome and fun to play. I can see the merit in not being into it if you dont play guitar. just sayin.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Its not about begging for PRIDE to come back. Its about offering a new product that fills a void between MMA and WWE. I am totally over PRIDE being done now, its been 6 years, but making Strikeforce a watered down UFC is not whats going to make people watch it. Most of the UFC stars are getting old and there is a huge lack of new fighters with star power. Creating a league as I suggested above would make not only make popular stars, but would be great for inter-promotional bouts. We can than start having fun discussions on who would win, UFC fighters or Strikeforce fighters.
So instead of watered down UFC we get watered down Pride?

Rockhold hasn't fought anyone of worth yet Lombard needs to knock 5 more people out in the UFC and Weidman destroying bitches doesn't bring in money.

TheNatural

My Member!
It's certainly a step up from the days when he was campaigning for Bisping.

Bisping would probably beat all three "contenders."

Basically it's time for Silva to pull out Heel's BadMMA book of MMA fighters and find an Italian southpaw to fight with a nice nickname.

I don't want to see Anderson fight at MW unless its against Evans, Shogun, Little Nog or Machida (Which will never happen). LMFAO at Anderson vs Weidman/Bisping/Lombard/Bosech etc.

SteveWD40

Based on his top 10 wins over the likes of Jason Miller and Denis Kang.

More likely his razor thin loss to everyone's man-crush Sonnen, the one that could have gone either way.

Silva would still take his, and all their souls though so it's irrelevant, I want to see him fight Weidman out of curiosity though.

thirty

Banned
Vince McMahon should help the UFC get licensed in New York only to do a "you're screwed" on Dana and his boys and announce their own MMA league, the XFL of MMA.

dream

I am having second thoughts about corrupting Science Girl. She's never even been intoxicated before! Surely I am not heinous enough to ruin someone so chaste? I may need to call an emergency nerd chat meeting soon.

TheNatural

My Member!
I am having second thoughts about corrupting Science Girl. She's never even been intoxicated before! Surely I am not heinous enough to ruin someone so chaste? I may need to call an emergency nerd chat meeting soon.

Post your text wall while you're at it. I want to compare SForce v. Fuel numbers. And any fallout from Sonnen yet.

Top Bottom