• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I missed BADMMA today but I think I spent my time more productively watching Father Ted Eps on youtube all day.

goon62r32.gif

Cheesy you missed some very entertaining compacting of aluminum as well as Miguel Torres jobbing to a jobber, Razor Ramon/1-2-3 Kid style.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
People are coming up with some lame excuses to try and bring down Rising, including the forced DmC comparisons.

Bow to the new based action franchise.

amnogh.gif

Agreed Friend. Now that Dmc is officially dead and Ninja Gaiden sucks, Rising is the go to multi platform action franchise.

Just watched WSoF .. fantastic debut by *****. He looked like a killer. And Rumble definitely found his weight class in LHW. He looked like a friggin heavy weight last night.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Tyrone crushed that can. I would love to see what his take down defense looks like.

Im willing to wager its semi ok. He probably wont be able to stop the more decorated wrestlers but he's been sparring with and helping mma guys for over ten years now.

charsace

Im willing to wager its semi ok. He probably wont be able to stop the more decorated wrestlers but he's been sparring with and helping mma guys for over ten years now.

If it really is then I'm hyped. The thud that his strikes made in that fight were brutal.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I missed it too. Was there any grappling at all in Spongiform's fight? The camp has definitely got some of the best striking talent and trainers to work with, especially if Ghita drops by regularly. Sprong and Overeem training together should also help both of them with applying their thai rules/kickboxing skills to the MMA setting.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
which one of yous called miguel angel torres a p4p contender years back. come on, be honest.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm always a little nervous when people I know online just disappear. 9 times out 10 they just moved on but there's always that thought.

which one of yous called miguel angel torres a p4p contender years back. come on, be honest.

Contender? He was the champ. There was a time when he was 5-0 in WEC (4 via finish) and held the Bantamweight belt. He only had one loss at that time as well. He was a beast back then. But Marky Mark Brian Bowles knocked his soul out of his body and into the ether and he's never been the same since.

VoxPop

Tyrone was spongeworthy. Great debut but its too bad it was against a guy who looked like he didn't belong anywhere near a cage. Would have liked to see where his ground game is at right now. Excited to see him grow.

Contender? He was the champ. There was a time when he was 5-0 in WEC (4 via finish) and held the Bantamweight belt. He only had one loss at that time as well. He was a beast back then. But Marky Mark Brian Bowles knocked his soul out of his body and into the ether and he's never been the same since.
Nope, always a can.

BTW, Pettis vs Cerrone is on for UFC on Fox 6 next year.

Nope, always a can.

BTW, Pettis vs Cerrone is on for UFC on Fox 6 next year.

Until the week after the UFC on Fox 6 tickets go on sale and they announce what we know right now - that Pettis has a ton of health issues going on that will keep him from fighting.

EDIT: Ha are you guys seeing this banner ad for Chaz Dean? I've never seen a human male that looks like that before.

Jones vs Sonnen is gonna happen in Newark! That means I get to go see it! Wheee!

But that also means I have to go to Newark again. That place was mad scurry.

I've heard its as bad as everyone says it is =/

The venue itself was awesome .. especially my seats because I was at the entrance of the private bar and sitting around a few fighters. But everywhere outside the hotel and arena was scary as fuck. It's like one huge ghetto.

The venue itself was awesome .. especially my seats because I was at the entrance of the private bar and sitting around a few fighters. But everywhere outside the hotel and arena was scary as fuck. It's like one huge ghetto.

My buddy went to a concert there and afterwards there was a cop on every street corner and they gave my buddy a ride back to his car because it was so scary

Top Bottom