• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

Bellator? Oh yeah THAT org.

Does anyone else feel inexplicably dirty when they watch Bellator, like there's just something off about the whole show? There's a certain ugliness to their whole vibe that I just can't explain.

Yeah, I dunno what it is either but I'm in the same boat. I haven't watched a whole card in quite a while. These wild ass Disciples of Fedor they're bringing over have piqued my interest a bit, though.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I think Bellator is off-putting because of its circular cage. Or maybe because the cage isn't elevated enough above the crowd. Honestly, anything smaller in scale than a small Strikeforce show and I start to feel like I'm watching something that the authorities should be notified of. An empty arena feels somewhat less grimy than a hotel, even if the audience is the same size.

I remember someone in nerd chat suggesting the Nog/Herman fight was a work and if Herman didn't get cut that was proof. I'm thinking they may be right. He lost 3 in a row in a sloppy, terrible way and has got popped for drugs twice. A lot more fighters have been cut for A LOT less.

He is a heavyweight though. Who knows what runs through Dana and Joe Hilva's minds when it comes to that weightclass.

If Dana was actually serious about cleaning up his sport he'd get NASA to show him how to do a carbon isotope test.

Speaking of which, Bellator 79 is going live now: http://www.spike.com/shows/bellator-fighting-championships/live/

Here's the card:

MAIN CARD:
Heavyweight Tournament Semifinals Fight: Rich Hale (238.4) vs. Thiago Santos (265.2)
Featherweight Tournament Semifinals Fight: Shahbulat Shamhalaev (145.6) vs. Mike Richman (145.2)
Catchweight Feature Fight(180 lbs): Douglas Lima (179.4) vs. Kobe Ortiz (179.8)
Welterweight Feature Fight: Ryan Ford (169.8) vs. Kyle Baker (170.8)

PRELIMINARY CARD:
Catchweight Feature Fight(173 lbs): Christ Franck (172.2) vs. Marcus Aurelio (170.4)
Heavyweight Feature Fight: Vladimir Starcencov (260.2) vs. Vitaly Minakov (245.8)
Lightweight Feature Fight: Josh Pulsifier (155.4) vs. Magomedrasul Khasbulaev (155.4)
Lightweight Feature Fight: Jonny Carson (155.6) vs. Guillaume DeLorenzi (155.6)
Heavyweight Feature Fight: Ed Carpenter (236.6) vs. Josh Appelt (256.2)

Come to nerd chat if you dare.

Speaking of which, I've never seen you in Nerd Chat, Normal Bird...

Here you go Tim:

I8Z4R.jpg

Hold dat.

Huh. WTF. I wonder if they're not gonna air it in my area. This is what I'm seeing for tomorrow...

ibuka8sRbHo65E.jpg

Boogie

Friend, I'm surprised you don't have the 154 thread up already.

It's on my mind. Working on it. :)

On that note, I was always weak on the graphics side of things. Anyone want to hook me up via PM with some photo assistance? The flowery prose, I can handle.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Good lord at this dude's tattoos on RFA. Every cliche tattoo available. Japanese characters, baby feet, angel wings, etc. All that with a nickname of Yagerbombz. Just perfect.

His opponent came out in a TB Rays shirt.

Pink haired mohawk guy on TUF is going to get murdered for real one day
And the douche with the nipple tattoo looks like the kind of guy who would start a fight in a non-contact hockey league just to show how "tough" he is

The fight was decent though, lol @ the guy biting him

Lol defending the Natural Born Runner's last fight.
Oh he does? Can't wait to watch this in a few and laugh.

And yes, that GIF eliminates the need to see the actual "fight" again. Conduit was getting his Kalib Starnes on and I find it hilarious when people try to say anything different.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Well I've discovered its kinda tough to sleep when helicopters are circling your block looking for a murderer. Anyone else watching Derren Brown's Apocalypse?

So I'm watching the new episode of TUF for some reason....

Is this mohawk guy for real mental? This is kinda scary.

Nelson won TUF by laying on people and admitted that's what he was doing, so why would they pick him as a coach? And then Carwin is an accountant.

I know this is old news that this season sucks but this was the first actual ep I saw besides the 1st ep and the fights.

Lol at ya I bit him.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is this really a main card?

Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
C.B. Dollaway vs. Daniel Sarafian
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Thiago Tavares

3 decent fights and CB?

Heel

Quadros is saying for New Year's Eve: Petrosyan is kickboxing, Robin van Roosmalen in his MMA debut.

Fun stuff.

Top Bottom