• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

BTW guys.

"Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined."

You can explore underwater sections of the city.

Wow.

I'm calling bullshit. Didn't they say that GTA4 was also bigger than San Andreas? The only way GTA 5 is bigger is if it contains the other 2 cities. If not than this is sure to be a watered down San Andreas. San Andreas is pretty much the worst thing that happened to GTA, because they will never be as ambitious again. Welcome to the current generation I guess.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
BTW guys.

Wow.

Why is that a positive? These gigantic open world games need to learn that big isn't always best. <insert joke>

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
BTW guys.

Wow.

So it's gonna take a fuckin hour to drive between missions while Cousin Larry keeps calling me to go bowling? Fuck that shit.

San Andreas was the exception. You are telling me it wasn't awesome exploring the country side, sneaking into Area 51 and exploring the Grand Canyon? Not to mention the San Francisco and Vegas areas were lots of fun to explore....more so the Vegas portion which was one of the best parts of the game.

alr1ght

The only way giant worlds are fun to explore is if the traversal mechanics are awesome. Think Infamous 2 levels of getting around. Ice launch into the air, grind a rail up the side of a building, then hover 500 feet with whatever that hand hover power is called. It's super fun just getting around. It becomes tedious when you're grounded in reality.

Maybe I can insta-spawn a jetpack.

TheNatural

My Member!
The only way giant worlds are fun to explore is if the traversal mechanics are awesome. Think Infamous 2 levels of getting around. Ice launch into the air, grind a rail up the side of a building, then hover 500 feet with whatever that hand hover power is called. It's super fun just getting around. It becomes tedious when you're grounded in reality.

There are three main characters in the game and switching them takes them to different areas. Problem solved.

FACE

Banned

Just Cause 2, bitch.

Heel

Strikeforce on Jan. 12: Melendez-Healy, Rockhold-Larkin, Marquardt-Saffiedine title fights

MMAjunkie.com today confirmed with company officials the bouts include lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 11-1 SF) vs. Pat Healy (28-16 MMA, 6-1 SF), middleweight champion Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF) vs. Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF), and welterweight champion Nate Marquardt (32-10-2 MMA, 1-0 SF) vs. Tarec Saffiedine (13-3 MMA, 3-1 SF).

Additionally, Daniel Cormier (10-0 MMA, 7-0 SF) will fight fellow heavyweight Dion Staring (28-7 MMA, 0-0 SF) at the Jan. 12 event.

ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I should not be having to google Cormier's opponent. But now I know that he is (was?) Overeem's sparring partner and he lost to Nog Minor in 2009. They couldn't keep Mur?

"@GFKonMMA: ronda gettin that ufc paper with her breath smellin like cinnamon. what up boo. the god appreciate ya knowledge of side control younahmean."

@FrontRowBrian: Fuckin tmz. Lol. Cant get their story straight. Ronda 1st female fighter in UFC history? ....... Guess they never heard of Bryan caraway.

Oh snap! Let me bang (Miesha Tate) bro.

alr1ght

So after Honda beats all of two women, thus clearing out the division, will she challenge Dominick Cruz for the 135 title?

So it's official, Strikeforce's January show is their last show, all fighters are absorbed into the UFC after.

Finally Melendez will be exposed as the can he is.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Our MMA standards already being applied to video games. Can't wait for you guys to start calling it GTA San Candreas.
Real talk, San Andreas sucked. It was too big, a lot of empty useless space. There was no real reward for collecting shit. The fill up the bars for everything mechanics were annoying and a shallow way of trying to create leveling up depth. The gameplay was dumb and goofy but the story tried to play it straight which created a really jarring contradiction.

Just Cause 2, bitch.
obama_fist_bump1.jpg

Just Cause 2 is GTA:SA actually done correctly.

I don't even care, I just want to see DC in the UFC already.
+1

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So it's official, Strikeforce's January show is their last show, all fighters are absorbed into the UFC after.

Finally Melendez will be exposed as the can he is.

Another victim of Heel's curse.

Friends, how salty is Dana going to be when Cyborg crushes Honda and becomes the face of womens mma?

bone_and_sinew

Gil vs Eddie.

Do it Joe Silver.

Winner of that gets a title shot after Young Anthony Pettis beats Sawronnay and gets his shot. 155 has too much damn talent for fucking rematches.

Heel

We all know damn well in hindsight that Gil would've sprawled and two pieced that fraud Frankie until it looked like he'd stolen a slice of abuela Melendez's famous rhubarb pie.

If Eddie wants it he can get it too.

bone_and_sinew

Boy I can't wait for when Anderson says Luke Rockhold isn't famous enough for a title shot and he gets the Chris Weidman treatment.

Also, Mousasi vs Glover. Do it Joe Silver!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Boy I can't wait for when Anderson says Luke Rockhold isn't famous enough for a title shot and he gets the Chris Weidman treatment.

Rockhold would struggle to win a split decision against Jason MacDonald. Any top-tier UFC middleweight worth their salt would devastate him. Hell, Buddy Roberts could probably squeeze a decision from him. If there needs to be a title unification match then Anderson wouldn't even break a sweat in taking him to school.

Which does bring up the question of unification bouts, considering there's only Rockhold, Nate and Gil. I can see all three of them getting the Pettis treatment unless Silva vs. GSP falls through and Benson runs away to a split 48-47 against Diaz.

On one hand I'm happy about getting the SF fighters because we'll have Nate the Great and Mousasi but on the other hand we'll have to endure the mind numbing boredom of Tyrone Woodley.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The card tomorrow is going to be awesome. I probably shouldn't be very excited for Franklin/Le, but I am.

The great thing being that it's not in the morning for us dudes in Asia. And it's live on TV for me :). I just hope to hell they don't have Chinese commentators though, even if I have to put up with the B-Team of Florian and that other dude.

Has Mousasi completely healed from his torn ACL?

He should be fight-ready for the final Strikeforce event. It'd be a bit of a shame if he missed out on the final event. Or maybe he's going to be involved in the DREAM event - considering he's still their LHW and (technically-speaking-maybe-considered) MW Champ and all.

MjFrancis

He should be fight-ready for the final Strikeforce event. It'd be a bit of a shame if he missed out on the final event. Or maybe he's going to be involved in the DREAM event - considering he's still their LHW and (technically-speaking-maybe-considered) MW Champ and all.
I had no idea DREAM was still in on the NYE thing. I thought they folded earlier in the year.

Top Bottom