• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

MjFrancis

If Cung Le wins it will be some sort of bizarre MMA rock-paper-scissors between Wanderlei, Le and Franklin.

If he loses, Franklin just beat up a martial arts actor.

UFC just signed Miesha Tate.

I wonder if UFC will end up just buying Invicta or if they'll poach the roster. I think the only remaining SF women were Cyborg, Kaufman, Carmouche, McMann and Budd. Sounds like a thin division but I guess its not much worse than the flyweights. There's only what about 12 guys there?

EDIT: Wikipedia says there are 15 members of the flyweight division.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If Cung Le wins it will be some sort of bizarre MMA rock-paper-scissors between Wanderlei, Le and Franklin.

If he loses, Franklin just beat up a martial arts actor.

...And if he loses, Le just beat up a math teacher. ;)

UFC just signed Miesha Tate.

I wonder if UFC will end up just buying Invicta or if they'll poach the roster. I think the only remaining SF women were Cyborg, Kaufman, Carmouche, McMann and Budd. Sounds like a thin division but I guess its not much worse than the flyweights. There's only what about 12 guys there?

EDIT: Wikipedia says there are 15 members of the flyweight division.

I hope that Invicta continues as an independent organisation to help with the grassroots of WMMA. Any UFC WMMA division will be - for at least the next year or so - an experiment that may or may not work out. Having a women's-only division is a good safety net incase Dana wants to pull out (lawl) of the female fight scene.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Uncle Dana really wants to hit that.
50 bucks says she's a pegger.

Today because of twitter I found out what a heeldo is
You'll tear your ACL, just ask Mousasi.

1022.jpg

This pic is so funny. A little bit of titty is touching his arm and he looks so embarrassed.
Jizzedinhispants.gif

MjFrancis

...And if he loses, Le just beat up a math teacher. ;)
So... Wandy couldn't beat up a math teacher. :(

I hope that Invicta continues as an independent organisation to help with the grassroots of WMMA. Any UFC WMMA division will be - for at least the next year or so - an experiment that may or may not work out. Having a women's-only division is a good safety net incase Dana wants to pull out (lawl) of the female fight scene.
That would be a great idea. The potential WMMA division could be so shallow that it would make the whole thing a one-trick pony if Rousey loses off the bat. WMMA will need more stars and they can't just be cans for Rousey. They need to bolster the divison with talent because people won't care if Cyborg beats Rousey and there's no one else to promote. Rousey could carry that division on her shoulders for a year or so - with Cyborg on top and no respectable competition, I'm not sure.

Im actually pulling for Cung in this fight. He's one of those unique guys like Machida that is just fun to watch due to his striking style.

Good thing Franklin got a haircut.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That would be a great idea. The potential WMMA division could be so shallow that it would make the whole thing a one-trick pony if Rousey loses off the bat. WMMA will need more stars and they can't just be cans for Rousey. They need to bolster the divison with talent because people won't care if Cyborg beats Rousey and there's no one else to promote. Rousey could carry that division on her shoulders for a year or so - with Cyborg on top and no respectable competition, I'm not sure.

As soon as the UFC officially announce the women's division they need to run a 8-woman-tournament ASAP in order to both evaluate the division and to get a fresh body for Ronda.

Speaking of which, what better way to introduce the women's divison, get some fresh talent for the division, hype Ronda vs. Cyborg and get a major ratings boost? The Ultimate Fighter: Women's Edition.

Heel

Maybe Invicta will end up on Showtime? I seriously doubt they're leaving the MMA business.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Kang Ye-Bin

Something something bang. Also friends if someone you know tells you global warming is a hoax please skewer one of their cheeks with.a phillips head screwdriver. Two days ago it snowed 6 inches. Today its in the low 70ties. Its all fun and games till the polar bears migrate south.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
WSOF updated figures

The event drew a crowd of 5,575 to PH Live. Of those, 1,499 were paying spectators and 4,076 got in with complimentary tickets.

The gate for the event, the main card of which aired live on the NBC Sports Network, was $82,608.22.

Disclosed fighter payouts for the event were $328,000, with Arlovski leading the pack by earning $60,000.

DKehoe

Maybe you should check Frankie Edgar's buyrates last year.

The 135 and 145 titles have only main evented a PPV once each (twice for 135 if you count the interim title) so I guess it's hard to talk about their drawing ability at this point. No doubt though that 155s drawing power declined in a big way once BJ lost the title.

EDIT: Just realised UFC will now have 9 weight divisions. Damn.

Heel

Cosmo Alexandre fighting to avenge his debut loss tonight on Bellator. Curious to see how he's progressed.

Including 155. Hell 155 is basically worse than anything else, period.

Possibly, though I can see Bendo vs. Nate outdrawing anything from the Frankie era.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine we're going to see women's title matches co-maining with 125-155 title bouts. Is there only 135 for women now? I'm not sure if we'll see roidborg make that weight anytime soon.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Friends is it just me or is the N word really making the rounds on GAF since Obama got re elected? What says our resident minority representative, brother cmbr?

Top Bottom