• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

Breads

Banned
I personally love this anime. I wonder how the anime fans at large are taking it. If this isn't a runaway success I don't know what to think. Esp if this doesn't get more seasons while Berserk 2016 does.

FluxWaveZ

I personally love this anime. I wonder how the anime fans at large are taking it. If this isn't a runaway success I don't know what to think if this doesn't get more seasons while Berserk 2016 does.

You'll think that quality doesn't always equate to popularity.

I personally love this anime. I wonder how the anime fans at large are taking it. If this isn't a runaway success I don't know what to think if this doesn't get more seasons while Berserk 2016 does.

Sequel seasons of anime are not always made simply in response to popular reception, but also due to whatever marketing strategy the producers have in mind. Most anime is funded with the intent of promoting something else, whether it be manga, novels, live-action films, toy lines, figures, idol concerts, you name it. So there's a lot of behind the scenes factors going on.

I feel it's pretty likely Mob Psycho 100 will get another season though.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I did kind of hope Reigan would be the leader for the plot implications, but this works out just as well. The only thing that really convinced me was how terrified the kids were of Reigan's "aura"; I was really hoping it wouldn't be explained away as his charisma or something.

Wonder how Dimple will make a comeback in the next episode.

So I'm wondering what this Funimation/Crunchyroll collaboration means. Apparently a dub is coming for Mob? I wonder how long that would take because I haven't seen this show yet but I'm interested.

Breads

Banned
Sequel seasons of anime are not always made simply in response to popular reception, but also due to whatever marketing strategy the producers have in mind. Most anime is funded with the intent of promoting something else, whether it be manga, novels, live-action films, toy lines, figures, idol concerts, you name it. So there's a lot of behind the scenes factors going on.

I feel it's pretty likely Mob Psycho 100 will get another season though.

Is that right? Had no idea - I just watch whatever clicks with me and never gave it much thought.

By the way, is that Teru's real hair or is it still part of his wig? If it's real then his hair seemed to grow back a bit quickly. Though I'd imagine the wig would have a flat top if most of it got sliced off.

It's implied in an omake to be his wig
mob-psycho-100-90-4-pic-7.jpg

Qvoth

another strong episode
as a manga reader, i can't remember if the manga version had this much fight scenes before reigen is down, so this episode came as a pleasant surprise

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
"Let's use pacifism towards the people who are trying to capture and/or kill us".

Basically the last 10 minutes or so of the episode.

It only serves to act as a device to get mob to 100% and makes no sense.

What it is is a subversion of the assumption that it's fine for children to fight tooth and nail against adults using superpowers. It's a clash between the "real world" and an absurd manga reality. If this were happening for real, "run the fuck away" would absolutely be the correct response. Especially if your Reigen, and can't even see any of this psychic nonsense. He just sees some dangerous adults trying to kill some kids, of course the ACTUAL right response is "get them outta here," not "let them fight."

Chase17

For running like a bitch and getting them in more danger than necessary?
He did dropkick their leader.

Anyways Reigen is great, and that flashback really solidified it. Was very nice to mob and gave him a heartfelt/inspirational speech even before learning that he was an esper.

He did dropkick their leader.

Anyways Reigen is great, and that flashback really solidified it. Was very nice to mob and gave him a heartfelt/inspirational speech even before learning that he was an esper.

Yeah, he wanted to slap them around a bit and make them listen for a few seconds, but it didn't work. It usually works on adults, but they're acting like kids he said.

He's trying to show Mob that there's more to being a psychic than brute force, as is the case with most adult situations.

Hopefully Mob doesn't lose it at him being slashed though.

Sami+

Just caught up to the whole series. God damn. I should have waited one more week LOL.

Reigen is the best. Mob very easily could have gone down a very, very dark path without his guidance. People calling him out are missing the point imo. He protected him from himself - just a fraction of that power was enough to corrupt Mob's own brother, and every other esper we've seen so far.

Opto

Banned
Reigen, the guy who doesn't want children to fight to the death, a scumbag. The same Reigen that would personally put himself in harm's way to prevent Mob from leading a life of regretful violence.

Hell, even as a con artist he helps people.

ehead

The anime did these panels justice. I couldn't stop laughing at Reigen's unpredictable scenes.
Q8S3aLq.jpg

ehZrj27.png

Tizoc

That final scene in the ep.
It gave me feels.
Reigen-sensei is the hero we need but not the hero we deserve.

Chase17

Mob 12
Another great episode. They did a good job of wrapping up many of the various character's storylines and showing their development of the series.

There were some scenes that made it seem like a second season is planned.

Reigen the goat.

Mob Psycho 112 END

5Pr6NqD.jpg
LUv2T51.jpg
PT8DTdS.jpg

I and others are pretty sure ONE himself did the key animation on the after credits omake

If you thought episode 8 was impressive, if you thought the final episode of One Punch Man was impressive this is at least equal to that, if not greater. All around, MP100 is one of the most impressive TV anime of all time and I can say that without hyperbole. It's an amazingly consistent well directed and well animated show that not only embraces ONE's weird art style but capitalizes on it in exceedingly fun and creative ways. To have this and Diamond is Unbreakable airing at the same time, we are truly blessed. Strong AOTY contender.

No S2 announcement but I remain confident it will happen.

Top Bottom