• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

Primus

Reigen is love.

Reigen is life.

Never again will I doubt him.

Shit is going totally sideways, and Reigen's still able to prevent Mob from doing something truly horrific.

What a guy.

I wonder how all the folks who really thought Reigen was Claws' boss last week are feeling right about now? :lol

The animation near the end of the episode was freaking mesmerizing.

I wonder how all the folks who really thought Reigen was Claws' boss last week are feeling right about now? :lol

The animation near the end of the episode was goddamn mesmerizing.

Not even mad about the swerve because Reigen was more of a boss doing his normal stuff than if he was a super esper.

Tecl0n

The animation near the end of the episode was freaking mesmerizing.

Im not even mad. He calls "kids who failed to grow up" a bunch of crazy fucks with world domination intent. He is cool.

Top notch episode as usual.

My one question is what that aura was at the end of episode 10. I was thinking that if Reigen tricked everyone, he would have had to fake that aura somehow. But I don't remember the aura being addressed at all in episode 11.

Yet another great episode. Reigen tricking Claw without even actually trying is great. Next episode is going to be amazing though probably won't be what you suspect. I hope this will get another cour.

My one question is what that aura was at the end of episode 10. I was thinking that if Reigen tricked everyone, he would have had to fake that aura somehow. But I don't remember the aura being addressed at all in episode 11.

To be fair, the ones sensing the aura were the useless psychic kids who don't seem all that skilled at sensing such things in the first place considering Ritsu

To be fair, the ones sensing the aura were the useless psychic kids who don't seem all that skilled at sensing such things in the first place considering Ritsu

Yeah, but I guess I had the impression in episode 10 that the aura was so strong, even the useless psychic kids could sense it.

blamite

Oh my gooooood that was a great episode. Reigen is such a great character, holy shit. And the narration of his special techniques is my favorite thing in the world.

I'm so sad there's only one episode left ;_;

NEO0MJ

Reigen is secret MVP of this series. Pretty amazing considering how slimy his business dealing are.

Well, technically we've never seen him truly swindle someone out of their money. Most leave him pretty happy after all, unlike those antique sellers.

NZerker12

Reigen is the GOAT

Even though hes a con artist you can tell he cares about Mob and knows what he is like.
Hopefully he recovers.

As for Mob I hopes he wrecks all of CLAW next episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I must've spent half the episode laughing at how funny or awesome it was, like when
Reigen just flat-out DROPKICKED THE MASK KID

why can't it be next week already aaaggggghhhhhh

Hypron

Such an amazing episode on all levels. Reigen is just great, that action scene and just the art in general were just out of this world... And that final scene, man...

This series is goddamn amazing.

Crocodile

I had some doubts ("wait is he really the boss?") but this went in about the direction I expected from last week. I only flinched because the way some manga readers were talking and hinting, it seemed like I was supposed to take the "twist" at face value rather than as a con by THE con man himself. I will say though, my opinion of Reigen has improved substantially from the first episode. I thought he was going to be an annoying sleaze and that frankly put me off from the show at the start. Seeing how things have developed have been a pleasant surprise.

Next week's episode is the last of the season right? Let's see how real shit gets :O

Geist-

Reigen is secret MVP of this series. Pretty amazing considering how slimy his business dealing are.
I don't know man, even if the ghosts are fake sometimes, the customers leave satisfied. I think the point that's being made is not every curse is literal.

Also, Reigen is GOAT.

Squalor

Glad we finally got to see why Mob respects Reigen so much. It added some much needed character depth.

He's still taking advantage of a child and compensating him poorly.

Not winning me over.

Episode was incredible. Animation was too crazy.

Frimaire

Okay, finally the next episode is out.
It was actually pretty hilarious seeing people in this thread thinking Reigen was actually Claw's boss...

Wiseblade

FINALLY, I couldn't resist saying something when people were gullible enough to think that Reigen was actually Claw's secret boss. That was a one time deal though, from now on I'll leave people to indulge their own crackpot theories at their leisure.

L00P

He just got a lot of swag

Parshias7

Part of what makes Reigen so endearing is that even though he's a conman who is using Mob, he actually cares for the kid and gives him legitimately good advice.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Part of what makes Reigen so endearing is that even though he's a conman who is using Mob, he actually cares for the kid and gives him legitimately good advice.

That moment where Mob
was about to kill someone then Reigen comes and holds his face to cool him down and the flashback where they meet for the first time
was just so good.

Really hope we get a Season 2. Please Bones.

Regiruler

Honestly, I would have preferred if it was a straight twist instead of backing down.

And reigen held the idiot ball for the second half.

Sakurai is damn slick.

Those kids are crummy espers and I'm willing to believe mistook the insane aura of fear for actual power from Reigen.

FluxWaveZ

The only thing that I was a bit uncertain on was that aura red herring from the previous episode, but I guess I could see that the overall perception Reigen had from coming into the building like he did and the fact that the kid's abilities are pretty bad would mean it was a mistake on his part.

The fact that the viewers were lead to believe that he was the boss at the end of the last episode even though he wasn't adds to the fact that it wasn't a "twist," since that's what the other idiots were lead to believe without proper context, too. It was really cool seeing Reigen deal with just about everyone in this episode, in his totally oblivious but still confident manner.

I don't know if he's actually dead here but, man, either way Mob's obviously not gonna be too into that. It's sad that there's only 1 more episode to look forward to.

Grazzt

Another amazing episode! Reigen IS THE BEST! And the best part is he didn't say anything untrue to those minions but they just naturally thought he was the boss.

FluxWaveZ

I went back to the end of episode 10 and I really wish Reigen didn't say "Yeah, I'm the Boss," and the ending dialogue was instead more nebulous like he was acting towards the guards in this episode, by never actually outright lying. It would have been perfect if he did that, and people still grasped onto the fact that it was his face and the mob mentality lead everyone to think he was actually the boss for a week.

L00P

The only thing that I was a bit uncertain on was that aura red herring from the previous episode, but I guess I could see that the overall perception Reigen had from coming into the building like he did and the fact that the kid's abilities are pretty bad would mean it was a mistake on his part.

The fact that the viewers were lead to believe that he was the boss at the end of the last episode even though he wasn't adds to the fact that it wasn't a "twist," since that's what the other idiots were lead to believe without proper context, too. It was really cool seeing Reigen deal with just about everyone in this episode, in his totally oblivious but still confident manner.

That post-credit scene and Reigen flat out telling the viewers that he's THE big bad in the next episode preview is top-tier trolling. It was really funny to me because I already read the manga. And due to the nature of his character, I think he can get away with just lying to the viewers like that. It's a pretty nice hook to get one to look forward to the next episode!

I think it was smart for them to do it too since we don't really know much about Reigen other than him being a conman who serves as comic relief, and there is only a couple of episodes left which not a lot of time to really get to know this character. I love this show

Mob Psycho 111 Dalmatians

That whole final scene was great, and the next episode might be even more insane. God damn can't wait.

Both the flashback and the current scene with Reigen an Mob are touching because underneath the scumminess and him using Mob he actually has grown to like him and try to protect him. Like he's never seen what a pissed off Mob can do and sees how crazy the fight is going and here he is giving Mob solid advice about life and controlling your feelings.

Next episode is going to be insane.

Hypron

I like that when mob gets really pissed off he doesn't look cool anymore, he just looks scary. Reminds me of that moment with Gon in HxH.

The "aura" is just the atmosphere of his presence. He has such an air of confidence that it really did feel like he was the boss of the CLAW. That's how good of a con artist Reigen is

By the way, is that Teru's real hair or is it still part of his wig? If it's real then his hair seemed to grow back a bit quickly. Though I'd imagine the wig would have a flat top if most of it got sliced off.

Top Bottom