• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modded XBOX Owners... Show Us Your Dash!

Ecrofirt

Works perfect in XBMC. I've got everything set up the same in avalaunch, and it's using the default RSS (which I think is X-S)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ecrofirt said:
what if I've got the MS Dash setup to not connect to live?

I've got a modchip in, but I want to get Live for Halo 2.
the deal here is live aware games. a live aware game will try to connect to live upon boot up. removing live from the dashboard will just stop your dashboard from connecting to live, but your games will still try.

the answer is, when doing ANY GAMING from a mod-enabled xbox these days (whether soft mod or modchip) you are just better off disconnecting the network cable. There are just too many live aware games coming out that will screw you over.

Of course the other answer is to only play games with the mod disabled. of course this will only work with retail games which are all you should be playing anyway. ;)

can you disable your modchip? if so, just make sure it's disabled before playing Halo 2.

Ecrofirt

Well then, I'm probably screwed.

my modchip is on all the time, and I've got hte M7 bios because I like being able to customize it.

Top Bottom