• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modder removes PSN requirement for Ragnarok

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
How is it incorrect? Literally every big publisher has log ins... and gamers en mass eventually capitulate. That is a fact, that is NOT slapping devs like the stupid meme suggests. It's just selective, like everything in every medium.
It's incorrect because you were basically saying that PC gamers were happy with the other logins, but not PlayStation. That's false. They hated all of them.

As for "capitulating", the others are DRMs. You can't remove them anyway. Ubisoft Connect, EA Play, the Activision login, Rockstar, etc. You cannot just bypass them, so there's nothing selective in there. If they could be easily removed, they would have been, but they can't.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's incorrect because you were basically saying that PC gamers were happy with the other logins, but not PlayStation. That's false. They hated all of them.

As for "capitulating", the others are DRMs. You can't remove them anyway. Ubisoft Connect, EA Play, the Activision login, Rockstar, etc. You cannot just bypass them, so there's nothing selective in there. If they could be easily removed, they would have been, but they can't.
I did not say "happy" at all. I said selective, and they are. They may piss and moan, but all have stopped pissing and moaning about every other big publisher login. They suck it up, buy the game, and play them. In due time, in due time.

They aren't "bitch slapping devs" left and right :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Lmao.

Can someone tell this console only gamer what the fuck the big issue is with creating a PSN account? Why are [eople so irate about it?

Gaiff

I did not say "happy" at all. I said selective, and they are. They may piss and moan, but all have stopped pissing and moaning about every other big publisher login. They suck it up, buy the game, and play them. In due time, in due time.

They aren't "bitch slapping devs" left and right :rolleyes:
Selective how?

JimboJones

Lmao.

Can someone tell this console only gamer what the fuck the big issue is with creating a PSN account? Why are [eople so irate about it?
Doesn't really add anything of value apart from trophies and bigging up Sony's monthly active users.
So yeah nothing of value. Like I kinda get it for multiplayer but single player stuff should always be optional for this.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I even mentioned in the OP that this probably isn’t possible for EA and Ubi. He’s selectively outraged.

ecc6cb2b5257accee2481c4fc449dbb3.gif

Three

is the ps launcher really that bad or inconvenient?? asking as a console pleb
There isn't even a PS launcher. Just a login. Like I said this had nothing to do with account registration being mandatory after the fact with Helldivers. It's platform bullshit at play:

Offline Single player game requirements:
Screenshot-20240506-132634-Chrome.jpg

The same people "fighting account registration because they aint no shit eating bootlickers" :
6ef.gif

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man PC gamers can be such drama queens about this shit. It's a fucking login. ubisoft, EA, epic, Xbox, even rockstar requires it. I dont even think you can play blizzard games without a battle.net account. i know i had to when i bought MW2 on PC back in 2020.

Even neogaf requires a login. Just fucking do it man. it's not going to kill you. Such a weird thing to complain about. Ive been on PC for close to three decades now and have created hundreds of accounts.

I do wish that windows had a iPhone keychain like system that remembered your passwords so you didnt have to login every few weeks. But thats on Microsoft.

Last edited:

Three

What happened to using reviews to fight it? They were happy enough not to downvote the crap out of games that required it. Like Jedi Survivor.

Last edited:

Three

Are you guys even trying?

s4iLxw3.png

m3Yd9ua.png

lOXVgx3.png

qskTqOd.png
Congrats you found mostly technical issues that prevented the game from working and when EA was down. I can't "recommend this game until it's fixed" . Do you remember any login outrage though? Nope. The mixed reviews were mostly performance related. Now look at countless other games that require login and a launcher with positive reviews. Are you trying?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What happened to using reviews to fight it? They were happy enough not to downvote the crap out of games that required it. Like Jedi Survivor.
Earth Defense Force 6, a super niche japanese game got downvoted to hell and back because of similar shit.

Stop with the double standards argument. It's not about brands, but about fighting as a consumer against stupid shit.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Has it not occurred to you guys that this hack is pretty much telling Sony that they *need* to use Denuvo or some other anti-tamper method in future?

Not to say they should, or exactly how they will choose to react, just pointing out that every action like this has consequences because -basically- no software provider likes to have their business dictated to them by unauthorized third-parties.

Gaiff

Congrats you found mostly technical issues that prevented the game from working and when EA was down. I can't "recommend this game until it's fixed" . Do you remember any login outrage though? Nope. The mixed reviews were mostly performance related. Now look at countless other games that require login and a launcher with positive reviews. Are you trying?
Huh, yeah, that's why people hate third-party logins. Because of issues like this. You think they're somehow not related?

Or how about this?

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/actio...-we-should-all-be-bombing-giant-bugs-instead/

You want me to start linking all the review bombing incidents on Steam over third-party accounts? There have been many. I know you fanboys think poor Sony is being treated unfairly, but it's just another incident on PC.

Larxia

You need to log into Steam
I think the big difference is that steam is great and most of us on PC love it. I even use steam when I don't need it, like when running old games or emulated games and adding them as "non steam" shortcuts in steam lol.

Lmao.

I don't get it either - assuming a Dev has been transparent about it and hasn't hidden it until release.

It's like doing something with full knowledge about the (or your perceived) negatives of the action, doing it anyway, and then whining about it (basically whining about your own actions).

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Is there a mod to make it less of a piss boring waste of time, with Kratos as a whiny crybaby being followed around by his effete loser son?

Because that'd be great.

Three

Huh, yeah, that's why people hate third-party logins. Because of issues like this. You think they're somehow not related?
No, you just don't see the difference. Those are people who ran into issues and left a negative review not those against launchers or logins. One even says they would recommend the game if they fix the problem he was having.
Or how about this?

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/actio...-we-should-all-be-bombing-giant-bugs-instead/

You want me to start linking all the review bombing incidents on Steam over third-party accounts? There have been many. I know you fanboys think poor Sony is being treated unfairly, but it's just another incident on PC.
Look there are a bunch of people on Steam who hate Epic, or PS and they review bomb the shit out of those games especially surprise login ones. Platform bullshit. That is not true of logins and launchers in general on steam though as countless EA, Activison, Rockstar, Ubisoft, etc games with logins and launchers show.

Last edited:

Three

Earth Defense Force 6, a super niche japanese game got downvoted to hell and back because of similar shit.

Stop with the double standards argument. It's not about brands, but about fighting as a consumer against stupid shit.
Read my comment above. People started downvoting Rocket league simply because Epic now owned it. They're not fighting stupid shit though. That's the point. They're OK with most of the same stupid shit or worse that happens on other games.

pudel

Has it not occurred to you guys that this hack is pretty much telling Sony that they *need* to use Denuvo or some other anti-tamper method in future?

Not to say they should, or exactly how they will choose to react, just pointing out that every action like this has consequences because -basically- no software provider likes to have their business dictated to them by unauthorized third-parties.

Sony even released their games on gog in the past...where it is basically a requirement to have NONE of this Denuvo/Anticheat/onlineonly nonsense. So if Sony wants to ever release again something on gog...they would need to patch out this stuff anyway.

But ofc they can also just try even harder as you pointing out.....just dont know if the situation becomes better than or even worse. Sony did everything instinctively right when they entered the PC...and now they wanna be one of these bad cocksucking corpos with bad reputation as well. I dont get it. And I dont get people (aka consumers) even cheering for this nonsense. :messenger_dizzy:

Most people are anti launchers, and the community spoke up about it and still wants them gone. We also speak out about shitty games using racism, sexism, bigotry, etc, to sell their games (well, try too anyway) because they think being white, male, and straight is worthy of hate. The opposite of inclusion. DRM only hurts people who buy the game, not the pirates, so fuck that. If you think about it, it gives jobs to pirates as they have donation sites and Patreon, etc ffs

The problem? Obviously there is no vetting or hand picking people who can agree with you, so absolute little bitches latch on. You'll get people thinking because a lead character is black it's "woke" and try to jump into our arms for a celebration, but they get told to fuck off.

This psn sign in? Personally, the people who are actually crying about it are little spoilt morons. I swear someone in another thread said something like "yeah, I'm gonna buy a game and give Sony my photographic I.D and government details for a single player game" what the fuck? This is not a launcher. It's an overlay you don't need to use. They added trophy support as many other people (probably a lot of these complaining now) asked for it in ports (I don't personally care) so they added a psn sign in which helps with trophies and even your friendslist etc (not saying that's the only reason)

The amount of time to make this mod is still oh so much more than filling out a psn account ONCE. In this case, it screams of self entitled children just hitting puberty screaming about the slightest of changes, even like in this case, it added something people requested.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Read my comment above. People started downvoting Rocket league simply because Epic now owned it. They're not fighting stupid shit though. That's the point. They're OK with most of the same stupid shit or worse that happens on other games.
I think you generalise too much, and that you shouldn't talk about "PC gamers" as if it was a single entity.

Sure there's people that are ok with launchers of all kinds, but there also people that don't and they have they right to complain as much as they want or, in this case, mod the shitty corpo stuff out of the game.

Steam offers a slew of benefits with the account
Like what? A complete lack of support? Forcing PC gamers to use their framework to run games? Allowing developers to implement any jerk requirements they want? Removing games at random? I thought the entire point of PC play was to be free of that crap. Steam feels just like an online console with all the shortcomings of it...except the prices for games are much higher than on consoles with far less sales and there's much more of a chance of them not working.

I don't get the Steam thing at all. Seems like it's a way for PC players who don't know shit about their PC to play games. But I don't know what it'd provide for a PC pro.

night13x

I mean....ok I guess?

It takes 15 seconds to sign in if you have an account. At best 3 minutes to create an account and sign in.

Doesnt look like you need to sign in each time you play the game.

downloading and installing the mod probably takes more time than actually just signing in once.

Unless someone can educate me - it doesnt affect the performance or experience of the game like say...Denuvo (thats a totally different story).

I guess I am lukeworm on why this is an issue when there are bigger issues out there worth talking about.

Carry on (either side).

TintoConCasera

Like what? A complete lack of support?
Lack of support? Dude they have one of the most generous refund systems if not the most. What lack of support are you talking about?

Forcing PC gamers to use their framework to run games?
What? Dunno what you mean but believe me, I'd rather have Steam than Games For Windows Live, SecuRom and all the shit we had to deal with back then.

Allowing developers to implement any jerk requirements they want?
What requeriments? Sure they allow developers to do whatever the fuck they want sure but, how's that a bad thing?

Removing games at random?
When that happens it's because the publisher wants to take it from Steam but hey, even if they do that you are still able to play the game if you bought it before that happened. I still have Unreal Gold on my Steam account and can play it whenever I please, much to Tim Fucking Sweeney's dismay.

I thought the entire point of PC play was to be free of that crap. Steam feels just like an online console with all the shortcomings of it...except the prices for games are much higher than on consoles with far less sales and there's much more of a chance of them not working.
I think you are high. Do you know that Steam allows you to purchase keys from OUTSIDE Steam and use those on their platform?

I don't get the Steam thing at all. Seems like it's a way for PC players who don't know shit about their PC to play games. But I don't know what it'd provide for a PC pro.
Definetly high.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Yikes, I've been quoted and snowflaked.
Ok I'll ask Joramun, maybe you can answer my question that I've asked before and never got an answer.
Where are the PSN login info being stored? Is it in a file on Steam? Does each game store the info? How secure is it?

Three

I think you generalise too much, and that you shouldn't talk about "PC gamers" as if it was a single entity.

Sure there's people that are ok with launchers of all kinds, but there also people that don't and they have they right to complain as much as they want or, in this case, mod the shitty corpo stuff out of the game.
PC gamers aren't a single entity but I'm not the one generalising here. This is what I replied to

And that simply is some grade A bullshit. They did not hate them all. "They" happily accepted it for many many games that weren't Epic or PS. He's using my example of Jedi Survivors and pointing to mixed rating as the scapegoat but that was never hated or review bombed for a login or a launcher, only performance. When you have examples like this

Screenshot-20240925-003614-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240925-003629-Chrome.jpg

Or rockstars games, or Activisions games, or countless other examples you can tell it's bullshit.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

PC gamers aren't a single entity but I'm not the one generalising here. This is what I replied to

And that simply is some grade A bullshit. They did not hate them all. "They" happily accepted it for many many games that weren't Epic or PS. He's using my example of Jedi Survivors and pointing to mixed rating as the scapegoat but that was never hated or review bombed for a login or a launcher, only performance. When you have examples like this

Or rockstars games, or Activisions games, or countless other examples you can tell it's bullshit.
Forgive me for using the term normies in this post.

Maybe the consumers of games like The Sims, GTAs and CODs (normies) don't give a fuck about this stuff, but the consumers of games like God of War, Helldivers II or Earth Defense Force 6 (more hardcore gamers) do.

As I said, it's a mistake to generalise when it comes to this stuff, and the same could be said about the Gaiff Gaiff 's post you quoted there.

Guilty_AI

9eNUTCQ.png
TVrT0sC.png
fWFs1LJ.png
rLu5W1Y.png
HTibq9b.png

They're certainly there

Top Bottom