• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

I think everyone races on either the Top Tracks section or the Casual races, I found people fast for both of those race types. I didnt understand what the XP races were for, it seemed like they are just tracks on the game disc?

Nymerio

Damn this game is hard. I'm trying to do all the bonus tasks in the races, but some of them are damn near impossible -_-

Try finishing a complete race without ever touching a wall AND get first place while the A.I. shoves one fully powered up weapon after weapon up your ass. Game is awesome and all, I just didn't anticipate the game being that hard. I wanna get into the track creating thing, but I'm just to ocd to do any tracks without having unlocked all possible items for the editor :/

Nyx

Single player is very hard indeed, but the multiplayer is some of the best fun I've had in a videogame in ages.

I'll echo the sentiment that the career can be quite difficult at times. I'm eight or so races in and I can't complete one lap without a missile getting shoved up my ass. But it's still very fun and humorous, the latter of which I wasn't expecting.

Pietepiet

kharma45 said:
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet or anyone doesn't know, the DLC code for Sackboy is the same for everyone so can be used basically unlimited times.

So for anyone who didn't get mailed it, here's the code: 85T6-EMB6-HLL8

Excellent! Thanks!

Are there any universal codes for the other characters for the EU version? :)

I use the Naruto mod and kart.
tumblr_l2ztv2Ht5l1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

I found a Luffy one, an Ulquiorra one, and Deidara, lol.

I havent even touched single player mode beyond the initial race :( multiplayer is so addictive.

depward

NinjaFusion said:
couldn't be bothered typing that out again....

since friday i have not found a single XP race and tonight i've just left the game at the xp race menu for 25 minutes and only one person joined and then quit.

wtf?

are xp races drawn only from your particular modspot? stupid system if so.

i love this game but i'm seriously taking it back and getting blur if i can't just log in and kick back for some online races.

if you can't get an online game launch week then i suspect you never will...

and hey, wouldn;t it be nice if someone from united front actually posted in this thread... ya know, encouraging the community that pays your wages

oh... and why does the game disconnect from online whenever you quit out of the race menu? And why can you do nothing online, not even finish a race without a countdown? it's like wait forever to join, wait 30 seconds after starting the race for a dumb countdown and then wait another 20 seconds while it downloads shit... THEN WAIT FOREVER FOR IT TO LOAD.

i'm actually beginning to wonder if the game is actually finished?

If this is the case, I'll be extremely disappointed. Picking it up prob exclusively for some good, XP racing.

I've gone from not getting this game to strongly considering picking it up. Has anyone got any impressions on the PSP version?

I wish I could get the PS3 version :lol

shagg_187 said:
Picking up my copy today! :D

Here's hoping the game doesn't give me headache the way the beta did.

I thought I was the only one getting headaches from the Beta! :lol
There was something really weird going on with the graphics in that...

But do not worry! The retail version looks much better/easier to the eye than the Beta did. Have been playing for HOURS without a headache.

The drifting is much better too.

Well there is a cart and a mod for download on the PSN Store the van man mod, and the super nova kart (with bean bag chair), I got the cart, lol.

Wow I didnt know they were going to do that Online Entitlement thing for the PSP version
(14.99)

ModNation Racers PSP Online Entitlement ($14.99)
The Online Entitlement is used to activate the Online and Infrastructure features of the ModNation Racers game for the PSP system. For those purchasing the game second-hand, the entitlement will also need to be purchased and entered into a PSN account prior to activating the Infrastructure and Online features.

Captain N

Dedication Through Light said:
Well there is a cart and a mod for download on the PSN Store the van man mod, and the super nova kart (with bean bag chair), I got the cart, lol.

Wow I didnt know they were going to do that Online Entitlement thing for the PSP version
(14.99)

The Online Entitlement is used to activate the Online and Infrastructure features of the ModNation Racers game for the PSP system. For those purchasing the game second-hand, the entitlement will also need to be purchased and entered into a PSN account prior to activating the Infrastructure and Online features.

i was just coming here to post that...whoa.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Yeah, this pretty much paid itself off already with a 4P splitscreen between Morph, Danger Mouse, Piposaru and Agent 47.

Ordered from Amazon for the ten dollar credit and now I lie in wait..... Blaaarghhh
I was doing that until I realized at 10 am this morning my order had not even shipped yet. I promptly canceled the order and will buy a copy at a local store tomorrow morning.

hxa155

Dedication Through Light said:

(14.99)

15 bucks?! wow

RagnarokX said:
Love this game. Man getting the devestator kill challenge is a pain.

yeah, them challenges are pot luck. I given up with the modobahn one for now to concentrate on making stuff. I currently got a remake/tribute of the CTR Track Papu's Pryamid in the works.

At somepoint I am going to try a beach theme version of Oxcide station :lol

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Well, I can honestly say the game is a blast :D

Definitely worth getting, EXCEPT even using an American account I can't race with dazed808 (GAF member) which is freaking annoying as hell. In a "private" race at least I should be able to race with a European friend considering we got the game to play with eachother >.<

Meohsix

lsslave said:
Definitely worth getting, EXCEPT even using an American account I can't race with dazed808 (GAF member) which is freaking annoying as hell. In a "private" race at least I should be able to race with a European friend considering we got the game to play with eachother >.<

Yeah, it sucks the servers are region locked. i wanted to play with a friend of mine who lives in France =(

Ok so this 'online entitlement' thing...

Do I need to buy this off the PSN store if I have paid the digital download, which is £16.99, already?

It's just that the UMD version is £24.99 in the shops and I'm used to having to pay even more on the store :lol I would half expect to have to pay it to bring it in line with the retail price which sucks a little.

I don't want to buy the DD version for a cheaper price, only to find that to actually do anything online I need to pay on top of that.

spwolf

MarshMellow96 said:

Do I need to buy this off the PSN store if I have paid the digital download, which is £16.99, already?

It's just that the UMD version is £24.99 in the shops and I'm used to having to pay even more on the store :lol I would half expect to have to pay it to bring it in line with the retail price which sucks a little.

I don't want to buy the DD version for a cheaper price, only to find that to actually do anything online I need to pay on top of that.

check the description of DD version in PSN store... if it says they are included, then you wont have to...

Carl

MarshMellow96 said:

You only need to buy the online entitlement thing if you buy a preowned UMD copy apparently

lsslave

Jew Gamer
George said:
Yeah, it sucks the servers are region locked. i wanted to play with a friend of mine who lives in France =(

I think if enough people write letters they might patch it so that we can play together! LETS GET A LETTER CAMPAIGN GOING! :lol

spwolf said:
check the description of DD version in PSN store... if it says they are included, then you wont have to...

I'm just double checking! I guess I'm going to be getting this pretty soon then. I hope there's a PSP community.

Takao

Banned
I bought the PSP version off of PSN. It's currently downloading, I'll post impressions whenever I'm actually able to play it. The download is at 0% at an estimated time of 210 minutes (it's 1.08GB in size)... I really hope no one calls my house durring that time, as I'd have to start over again (DSL)...

My PS3 is too far away to connect with a LAN cable, and MediaGo hates me, so I'm using the PSP and WiFi.

Takao said:
My PS3 is too far away to connect with a LAN cable, and MediaGo hates me, so I'm using the PSP and WiFi.

That reminds me of that PachAttack video and how people arent willing to move their systems closer to their internets, lol. Which reminds that im gonna be without internet after next week :( And this game seems to require internet connection to play for the PS3 version--Broadband required

ascii42

Takao said:
I bought the PSP version off of PSN. It's currently downloading, I'll post impressions whenever I'm actually able to play it. The download is at 0% at an estimated time of 210 minutes (it's 1.08GB in size)... I really hope no one calls my house durring that time, as I'd have to start over again (DSL)...

Your DSL disconnects when someone calls? That's weird. That not happening was one of the selling points to my parents when we got it back when I was in high school. (We previously had AOL, which seemed to alternate between disconnecting on incoming calls or blocking them).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Beards are a bit too bushy. I occasionally wear a beard, and while my Mod looks awesome and pretty much exactly like me, the beard looks seriously homeless.

UraMallas

I have an extra Nathan Drake and Jungle Jeep pre-order code if anybody would be willing to trade me for a Kratos or Ratchet racer? PM me if interested.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
"But who would win in a race between Evel Knievel and Ace Ventura?"

GET OUT OF MY HEAD MODNATION RACERS

EL Beefo

George said:

Is the content that people make also region locked or is it only for racing?

patsu

There was a 1.0.1 update. Does that fix the load time ?

The load time is not that bad (20 seconds or so in some areas).

I am impressed by the modding tools. There are a few things I want to try but some parts of the libraries are locked out for now. I guess I have to race more to get 'em.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
EL Beefo said:
Is the content that people make also region locked or is it only for racing?

Only racing I think, given that I've found EastEnders, Top Gear, Alan Partridge, Morph, Danger Mouse, etc. mods.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My attempt at modeling my 2001 beige Chevrolet Cavalier (named "Check Eng" after the Check Engine light which has been on literally 100% of the time that I've owned the car) did not go so well--unfortunately there are no cars with roofs. Note the true to real life rust spot under the gas cap. Awwww yeah:
lQ3DwiA.jpg

Me, on the other hand, worked pretty awesome except that the beard is too bushy:
En7SYsI.jpg

The shirt is modeled after my favourite shirt (picture is a few years old, I'm squinting, and I don't have a beard):
n723155272_3444079_530.jpg

I can't seem to find a picture that has both the shirt and a beard in it, but I basically think the mod turned out pretty well.

kevm3

Overall driving feels very good... The powerups can be very annoying however, especially if you're in first place, and the computer is very cheap. Other than that, its a very good game.

Darkatomz

LOL so my preorder on Overstock got canceled and everything (got my money back), and I still found the game in my mailbox today! Won't a chance to play this game for weeks, but I'm totally looking forward to the custom tracks people will have made by then.

kevm3

Getting first place is starting to get impossible. I'll pop the first place guy with a weapon and then 3 seconds later he's zooming by me. Other than that, it's a lot of fun.

gokieks

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Sony about this game now being available, including a code for a free Air Raid Mod/Kart... except the code was all Xs and obviously incorrect?

Branson

gokieks said:
Did anyone else get an e-mail from Sony about this game now being available, including a code for a free Air Raid Mod/Kart... except the code was all Xs and obviously incorrect?

Yup just got it lol.

Top Bottom