• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monday Night Combat |OT| Some action on a monday night

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The more I hear this is like DOTA, the more interested I am.

GeeDuhb

snoopeasystreet said:
The IGN review is terrible. With the information the reviewer wrote in this review, he may as well of not played the game. He spends most of the time talking about the basic premise of the game (which I feel is something that should be addressed in the previews) rather give any of his personal opinion. Almost all of the review is something you could gather from reading press releases and watching the developer walkthroughs.

He reviews the game more as a product instead of reviewing it as an experience. I don't see the point in IGN improving their review scores if they're going to let their text reviews be so poor.

I'm really stoked for MNC. I need a new multiplayer after growing tired of Snoopy: Flying Ace and Bad Company 2.

It is sad, that IGN continues to die more and more...I have not even looked at their site in months, because of things like this...

Shurs

Coldsnap said:
This brings to question how can you review a game that is so online heavy pre release?

You can play against other people who have review copies of the game. Though, I'm still waiting on my review code at this point, so I have no idea how many people are were playing the game the last few days.

Coldsnap

yea but most the times the servers are not fully populated, not as many people with different types of skill levels, ect.

KuroNeeko

I'm getting the impression that post-release support just means they'll be doing balance changes to each of the classes. Has there been any news about additional maps or classes via DLC?

Proven

They already said in one interview that they're considering both new maps and new classes. They already have a 7th class in concept or something.

Jube3

Man, dev walkthrough #2 has me hyped times a million. I play medic in all games (when available) and the thought of having extra support (turrets) just makes me happy :D

Proven

Lunchbox said:
seriously? whats point of playing sniper when you run around with a smg? its like completely missing the point of a class

As I said before, his very first game. I still don't know why he picked Sniper other than he didn't want to pick his first choice, Support, for that round. He kept using Traps instaed of Flak for damage, for example. Very overwhelmed to start. I heard later that night he did a lot better and had a 15 kill round, but of course, that's after he stopped recording.

Here's another twitter contest from Major Nelson: http://twitpic.com/2dfhew

JambiBum

God damn I really want a code from major. I'm unemployed right now so if I don't get one I'm going to have to barter with some friends. :lol

:(

Jube3

Does anyone know if the game has an option to join games with friends(like get in a room with 3-4 people and hop online)? Blacklight didnt have this and it really was a big bummer for the way I like to play online.

Are there only two teams Hot Shots and Icemen? With the whole sports theme going on it would be nice if there were more than two squads you could potentially be assigned to every match. Even if they kept the same Orange v Blue color scheme.

JambiBum

Jube3 said:
Does anyone know if the game has an option to join games with friends(like get in a room with 3-4 people and hop online)? Blacklight didnt have this and it really was a big bummer for the way I like to play online.
As far as I know it does. The blacklight thing was one of the main reasons why I didn't pick it up.

Jube3 said:
It sure does!!! I wasn't to sure till you brought it up but I went to look at the Dev walkthrough part 2 and I paused it before they join a game and they have a invite xbox live party option so it seems its a go with party up then play.

In the vid its at 15 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktsVSqotm5o

Jube3

Nice find infected, it looks just like the CoD, Forza, Halo screen. Perfect. No trial for me I am going in blind :D :D :D

Jube3 said:
Nice find infected, it looks just like the CoD, Forza, Halo screen. Perfect. No trial for me I am going in blind :D :D :D
:D Hell yes. Got my points yesterday and set to download. The damn monkey better press the button on time for this title or I will be pissed. I'm waking up at 7 tomorrow so I can play it all day long.

JambiBum

To back up infected's find, they also say something about it in the official forums because someone asked about the same thing.

To keep people together on the same team, you can invite people to an Xbox Live Party and the game will keep those players together even in a Private Match. There isn't a direct select what team you're on option. That being said, we added Private Match late into development and would love to revisit it in an update based on feedback. There was only so much time and resources we had to finish and polish the game. We're looking to the community for feedback after release for further updates.

Download the trial before you buy, it gives uber better demo to sale ratios :p

You can join matches mid play so if someone drops you can take their place, so friends can jump in to your games also if there is space.

Snipers can grapple kill a jackbot but he never does so :( the dude is playing better now but a bit twitchy on the sniper aiming.

*edit* noticed that its a different youtube account, this is someone else.

Neuromancer said:
Is this something you can play by yourself against bots? Just curious, couldn't figure it out from the OP. Thanks.
Both, you can play a survival wave type mode (blitz) or you can play team vs team (crossfire), both involve bots as part of the method of taking down the moneyball so you can damage it.

Jube3

I seriously feel this game was for me, I play healer any chance that I can get. I love the support role in MNC, the idea of being able to not only heal myself and other players but also create turrets and call in those mini air strikes all while having the shotgun as a secondary option...so awesome. :D

If anyone wants their gamertag to be obvious to other MNC players tomorrow then leave your tag here and i'll add it to the OP in the morning, 8 hours sleep will wake me up at 9:45, 15 minutes early for the UK release time :D

Jube3

Diablohead said:
If anyone wants their gamertag to be obvious to other MNC players tomorrow then leave your tag here and i'll add it to the OP in the morning, 8 hours sleep will wake me up at 9:45, 15 minutes early for the UK release time :D

GT: Ayo Jube

If you send me an invite and its full just send me a message. I get random invites sometimes that clog up the list.

JambiBum

Diablohead said:
Already have you. Mwahaha. I'll see you tomorrow whenever I get up.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This was tons of fun at PAX. I'm definitely looking forward to it tomorrow.

Proven

Companion cube guy, from here on known with respect as AngryFacing for the number of videos he's put out, has come out with two more:

Another match, this time as Assault: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKlJAv2CRJM

The end of a Season Blitz (20 round) multiplayer game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzBmMepJWzE

Also, another review has been released: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/2010/08/10/ftg-review-monday-night-combat/

And complete info on the 5 Blitz modes along with it

Front Towards Gamer said:
Exhibition Blitz-10 Rounds with an easy difficulty

Season Blitz-20 Rounds with a moderate difficulty

Playoff Blitz-30 Rounds with a heavy difficulty

The Scramble-10 Rounds with a crazy difficulty

Sudden Death Blitz-Infinite Rounds with an insane difficulty

Proven

akskiller said:
Is it true only 1 map?

Sadly, yes, it's one map for Blitz. If it's any consolation, there's leaderboards. And 4 maps for Crossfire. And the promise of new maps if they ever decide to come back and do DLC.

Diablohead said:
GT- pC InfectedZero

JambiBum

Proven said:
Sadly, yes, it's one map for Blitz. If it's any consolation, there's leaderboards. And 4 maps for Crossfire. And the promise of new maps if they ever decide to come back and do DLC.
They have said multiple times at the official forums that they are going to listen to the community and see what they want as long as people keep playing. There is a huge Q&A thread that the devs respond to almost every day.

Top Bottom