• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Zeta Oni

Any time I use Aerial bow my shots go over the monster and miss a lot. Adept is where its at

I missed a lot at first, but now I'm front flipping off owls and getting hits like it's nothing. Adept is probably the better class overall and pulling off a counter is very nice, but to me the aerial class wins because at the end of the hunt, I don't just feel like I best a worthy opponent after a grueling fight.

I also did it with some style.

Condom

Can people who have the game on the new 3DS comment on the framerate?

Holding of buying the game for now which is super weird for me since I'm normally there day 1.

Wanderer5

Have it ordered on Amazon. Can't wait for tomorrow, through it better not come in late like my MH4U order lol.

I think I just stick to Sword and Shield with striker style for now, which I had the most fun of from the demo.

Tarps

I think I just stick to Sword and Shield with striker style for now, which I had the most fun of from the demo.

I messed around with Striker SnS very briefly, but apart from the three Hunter Art slots, I couldn't work out what the SnS moveset gained/lost. Are the arts the big attraction?

This game has so much depth, can't wait to get lost in it!

Wanderer5

I messed around with Striker SnS very briefly, but apart from the three Hunter Art slots, I couldn't work out what the SnS moveset gained/lost. Are the arts the big attraction?

This game has so much depth, can't wait to get lost in it!

The only thing that SnS loses via Striker is its back evade, but otherwise the rest of the setup and combos of guild style are still there, plus its arts are pretty neat with one of them being a instant KO move if used right.

It actually the Japanese meta for the weapon apparently.

Holding of buying the game for now which is super weird for me since I'm normally there day 1.

30 fps lock, some major framerate drops which only happen in 4 hunters games when everyone pops hunter arts and there's particles everywhere. Otherwise and especially in solo it's pretty much a lock 30fps with no dips.

Deband

Not sure I like the way damage is displayed on the switch axes and I guess all other weapons now. Can't really get my head around it

Vuze

Not sure I like the way damage is displayed on the switch axes and I guess all other weapons now. Can't really get my head around it
I'm more thrown off by the non existant x10 multi for element/status. 25 element sounds so ridiculous.

Tarps

The only thing that SnS loses via Striker is its back evade, but otherwise the rest of the setup and combos of guild style are still there, plus its arts are pretty neat with one of them being a instant KO move if used right.

It actually the Japanese meta for the weapon apparently.

Thanks! I'm going to give this a go tonight, I normally main GS but recently I've really enjoyed SnS on a revisit to MH4U.

Fistwell

Went out to do a little shopping for the weekend:
- French fries, check,
- Beers, check,
- Salty caramel ice cream (salted with my own tears from Euro16's finals), check,
- Wine, check,
- Monster Hunter Generations, CHECK!!!

It's tiiime!!!! :D

Seil

The DLC servers are up now for anyone that's got the game.

5 event quests, 4 challenge quests, 4 palicoes, a starter pack with a variety of items and 12 titles for now.

Just got back from work. In a few hours I'll be picking up my copy from the store and letting the true hype commence. But for now I need a nap.

Raxious

Time to try the system transfer thingy! :D

R1qsWkm.jpg

Since my 3DS is about to get a lot of use does anybody have any grips they recommend for the New 3DS?
(The small one not the XL)
I'm in the UK so it would be preferable to not have to import.

Blitzhex

Q. Is there G-rank in this version?
- No. However the twelve Deviant monsters have 10 levels to them. GaijinHunter explains the Deviant monsters and the quest mechanics pretty well here. I can imagine that the DLC quests will have some quests that are more challenging than normal as well.

Oh, does that mean there will be an ultimate or G version coming out later?

Just started and there's a cat in camp area that apparently allows you to send items to your box storage once per quest. Is he in all quests, even online?

Seil

I doubt it. I'd imagine if one was in the works, we would have gotten that version instead of normal Generations.

Looking at past releases, that seems to be how they do it :p

4U is the only time we've only gotten the G version of an entry. I seriously don't get why people act like it's some traditional thing.

We got MH1, we didn't get MHG, we got Freedom which was a port of MHG.

We didn't get MH2. We got Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite.

We got Tri and 3U. Skipped Portable 3rd.

Which brings us to now, where we skipped MH4, got 4U and Generations.

We've missed a grand total of four games in the main series, and only 4U is an example of only getting the G version.

---

The real reasons I'd say there's no reason to expect an expanded X/Gen would be that the entry is in itself unusual, as an extra entry in a generation, and that there's been no Japanese announcement even though it would probably be coming out in 3-4 months if it was a thing.

Edit: It is unusual that there's been no main series entry announced for Japan yet for this year, though. They've yet to go a year since the series began without a main series entry in some form.

Comandr

4U is the only time we've only gotten the G version of an entry. I seriously don't get why people act like it's some traditional thing.

We got MH1, we didn't get MHG, we got Freedom which was a port of MHG.

We didn't get MH2. We got Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite.

We got Tri and 3U. Skipped Portable 3rd.

Which brings us to now, where we skipped MH4, got 4U and Generations.

We've missed a grand total of four games in the main series, and only 4U is an example of only getting the G version.

---

The real reasons I'd say there's no reason to expect an expanded X/Gen would be that the entry is in itself unusual, as an extra entry in a generation, and that there's been no Japanese announcement even though it would probably be coming out in 3-4 months if it was a thing.

Edit: It is unusual that there's been no main series entry announced for Japan yet for this year, though. They've yet to go a year since the series began without a main series entry in some form.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen a new mainline MH in any form is because the platform it will be released on may not be announced yet. Assuming that Nintendo announces a (portable) gaming system sometime later this year, such as at TGS, I would imagine we will see an announcement then.

With MHX/G already struggling on the 3DS, there is zero reason to believe that Capcom will handicap themselves yet again by another release.

For reference, MH4 was announced in September 2011. Before 3G/U was even out. I believe if 5 was coming out for a current platform, it would have been announced by now.

Instead, we have the vastly different Generations to hold us over for a little while, which was allegedly developed by a secondary team. This leads me to believe that the core MH dev team is toiling away at a future iteration of the game for imminent announcement.

I really don't care what platform the next game is announced for. I just don't want any more games on the current awful fucking 3DS hardware.

swnny

Being playing on my N3DS the whole afternoon with 3D slider at the top, runs great without any performance issue. Loading is really fast too.

Kinsei

Banned
I think this game was their last grasp of the old way and older hardware before being forced to overhaul everything. Generarions was the final cash grab before having to move on to NX or whatever is next.

Huh? You know they not going to go open world or any crap like that even on NX, right?

Scrawnton

Huh? You know they not going to go open world or any crap like that even on NX, right?

I know that, but they can't release the same looking game. They're gonna have to redo all the assets, take another look at combat mechanics as well as genera gameplay mechanics. This game is like the MH3U/4U remix before moving on to the next generation.

Kinsei

Banned
I know that, but they can't release the same looking game. They're gonna have to redo all the assets, take another look at combat mechanics as well as genera gameplay mechanics. This game is like the MH3U/4U remix before moving on to the next generation.

They don;t need to take another look at the combat mechanics aside from adding a new weapon or two. MH is the only game of it's kind on the market and it would be a shame if we lost it.

mitchlol

Anyone know when this launches on the E-shop? Right now it is 10:10pm (my local time) of the 15th am I likely to be able to download in 2 hours? (Australian e-shop)

Top Bottom