• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
914914_20040722_screen001.jpg

914914_20040722_screen002.jpg

914914_20040722_screen003.jpg

914914_20040722_screen004.jpg

914914_20040722_screen005.jpg

914914_20040722_screen006.jpg

914914_20040722_screen007.jpg

914914_20040722_screen008.jpg

914914_20040722_screen009.jpg

914914_20040722_screen010.jpg

914914_20040722_screen011.jpg

914914_20040722_screen012.jpg

jiggle

This game is so pretty.

Can't decide if it's worth it to get it for offline only. But I'm tempted...

Are the maps randomly generated?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Using the right analog stick to attack ala "Jet Li: Rise to Honor" = a no no in my book. I'm a Capcom whore and even I might steer clear of this. Looks pretty though.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"What the hell is this game all about?"

Kicking things asses
and getting your asses kicked.

Nice to see the names are vaguely the same.

Yian Kutku is Yankukku in the Japanese version.

I need an expansion disk - STAT.
The game rocks in a big way.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well now, that makes things more interesting.

PSO was a fun diversion for a month, but it paled in comparison to Diablo II.

How does this fare?

Alex

Charlie, I remember reading that you played this a lot. How many players is it (sorry if you mentioned before) and is it something you can play well with 2-3 people?

Or do you typically need 3-4 average (or however many it supports...)

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, heh, I just find with more persistant things (well, the Diablo 4-player semi-persistant type at least), I like to play with close friends only really these days. And I only have one RL friend that lives by me and games often enough for something like this, and only a few closer online that I play with as well.

tenchir

This game can only handle 4 players online AFAIK. The battle against monster is quite different than Diablo II and PSO in that it requires a lot more strategy. The brute force approach might be okay against the early easy monsters, but you are going to have to get really clever later on to defeat the harder ones like using traps, bomb, exploit it's weakness, etc..... to beat it.

DCharlie

"Charlie, I remember reading that you played this a lot. How many players is it (sorry if you mentioned before) and is it something you can play well with 2-3 people? "

Yeah, max is 4 players.

"Or do you typically need 3-4 average (or however many it supports...)"

But you don't need 4 players to complete the online quests.
Apparently, the game scales the difficulty/power of each enemy depending on how many people are playing.

"Sorry if this doesn't make sense, heh, I just find with more persistant things (well, the Diablo 4-player semi-persistant type at least), I like to play with close friends only really these days. And I only have one RL friend that lives by me and games often enough for something like this, and only a few closer online that I play with as well."

It's awesome when you get a bunch of friends together.
The other good thing about it is you can help out lower level people and still reap the HR points, so thats great.

HR gaps aren't really an issue - you can always play together (in the lower level quests at least , the higher level quests get blocked (esp. >HR13)

Strategy - the capture levels and the egg/crystal grab levels require loads of strategy. And that later is SUPER tense on higher levels.

Alex

Ah, ok, thanks. After I tag 75 in FFXI, and scope the expansion, I want a break to play a few games I missed on, and this sounds really great.

Takuan

Hrm. This game sounds fun and looks ok, but I think it'd benefit from a wider variation colour in equipment. Everything looks very similar because of the drab colour palette. I want to give this a try, though.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Game was the shit at E3. Too much fun. Can't wait to actually have it in my hands.

DCharlie

everyone has the basic weapons in those shots.
Things do get a bit more colourful, but it does have a very "earthy" colour scheme.

Voice communication would remove the need to plan the hunt. As retarded as it sounds, the lack of voice communication actually helps the game.

Top Bottom