• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Wilds reportedly running at 30 FPS on Consoles

Skifi28

*Laughs in PC-anese

ETB3LdcUwAArYoC.jpg
Honestly, I'd laugh only after seeing the PC version. Games being locked at only 30fps on console has so far been a pretty bad indication for how well the PC version performs. Still, very early to draw any conclusions.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd laugh only after seeing the PC version. Games being locked at only 30fps on console has so far been a pretty bad indication for how well the PC version performs. Still, very early to draw any conclusions.
It's not that early, this is in all likelihood basically done, and they're in the home stretch of balance tuning and polishing it up to release by end of March. That gives it basically 6 months from release.

Last edited:

Skifi28

It's not that early, this is in all likelihood basically done, and they're in the long stretching of balance tuning and polishing it up to release by end of March.
We'll have a better idea when there's a release date as "2025" is quite vague. If it's the first few months I'd agree with you, but for all we know it could be December which means they have a loooong way to go.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
there are ways around it on PC though. DLSS and Frame Generation. There's even a Steam program you can download to help brute force performance on PC.

Consoles don't have an option really unless the developer provides it.

Skifi28

there are ways around it on PC though. DLSS and Frame Generation. There's even a Steam program you can download to help brute force performance on PC.

Consoles don't have an option really unless the developer provides it.
You can certainly try, but there's a limit to what you can fix. Stuff like Jedi survivor and dead space for example remain pretty much broken with people hoping for an eventual fix by the developer and I have a few other that I've found unplayable myself despite all sorts of bruteforcing methods. Anyway, the point was, it's still a bit early for gloating. let's wait and see.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
You can certainly try, but there's a limit to what you can fix. Stuff like Jedi survivor and dead space for example remain pretty much broken with people hoping for an eventual fix by the developer and I have a few other that I've found unplayable myself despite all sorts of bruteforcing methods. Anyway, the point was, it's still a bit early for gloating. let's wait and see.
Maybe wait til the game comes out then. However, as a recent example:

Works great on PC...just sayin.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Dead Space broken how? I played the trial and only the traversal stutters were still there.

Skifi28

Dead Space broken how? I played the trial and only the traversal stutters were still there.
Same, I wanted to double dip and I bowed out after the trial. The game is stuttering constantly, it can't remain smooth for 5 seconds at a time regardless of fps. I was getting over 100 frames yet the experience was borderline unplayable. I guess you could call it traversal stutter, but when it occurs multiple times on the same tiny room then we got a bigger problem.

Last edited:
We'll have a better idea when there's a release date as "2025" is quite vague. If it's the first few months I'd agree with you, but for all we know it could be December which means they have a loooong way to go.
As hard as they're pushing it right now, and given how Capcom normally does things, it would be highly, highly irregular if this wasn't coming out by early 2025.

In other words, if Capcom had a major AAA coming that was planned to be released earlier than MH Wilds, they'd be pushing that right now instead.

World was announced in June 2017, released January 2018, a super tight marketing cycle. Being they announced Wilds a bit earlier, the marketing will be more like 12-15 months this time around, but that would still put it out by March 2025.

Last edited:
Top Bottom