• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

LosDaddie

Banned
Damn, that Cyber Subzero looks tight. Very Predator-esque. And yes, love the big titties for the ladies! :)

HeresSomeWeapons said:
Seriously. If people have such an adversity towards ninjas, what the heck are they doing playing Mortal Kombat in the first place?

Because the ninjas are popular. Fighting-GAF hates what's popular. Same reason shotos are hated in the SSFIV thread. I don't give a fuck and main Akuma and I'm going to main a ninja (Scorpion or Subs) in MK.

abracadaver

24933_bd_noob_color_12tf9q.jpg

lol

I like Cyber Sub too, but I'm just a little ticked they decided to give him his own slot instead of opting to be able to put a completely different character in. Shinnok? Fujin?

Why not just make him an alt for Sub Zero instead?

shinobi602 said:
I like Cyber Sub too, but I'm just a little ticked they decided to give him his own slot instead of opting to be able to put a completely different character in. Shinnok? Fujin?

Because he isn't just a skin for Sub-Zero. He has his own moveset.

LiK

shinobi602 said:

Probably has his own story and ending.

shinobi602 said:

Cause he has different moves?

Anyanka

shinobi602 said:

Because if you're going to do something this drastic he needs his own moveset. Going in this direction and it being only an alternate costume would be lame.

fernoca

shinobi602 said:

Well, he doesn't have his own slot in the picture, but sharing the Extas/DLC slot with Kratos and the rest of the DLC probably.

And seems to be part of the new changes in the new cannon, probably put in here as a "training" of sorts for the upcoming games. That way, people might probably stop looking at Sub-Zero "as blue Scorpion"

do you think robo will be the 'sub-zero' of mortal kombat 10? maybe the regular could either be an alternate costume or a hidden character, sort of like this situation in reverse...

LiK

It would be glorious if Cyborg Sub-zero takes off his mask at the ending and turns out to be a girl.

Beth Cyra

xbulletholes said:
do you think robo will be the 'sub-zero' of mortal kombat 10? maybe the regular could either be an alternate costume or a hidden character, sort of like this situation in reverse...
It's possible but I don't think Robot Sub Zero is the same Sub Zero in the corner. If I'm right then it wouldn't be right to do it that way.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man, its no wonder why they still haven't officially revealed Smoke

What were they thinking...

Anyanka

xbulletholes said:

I think there is absolutely no chance a regular human Sub-Zero is absent from the regular roster and marketing of MKX.

Anyanka said:
I think there is absolutely no chance a regular human Sub-Zero is absent from the regular roster and marketing of MKX.
It wouldn't totally shock me. Haven't they gone without series mainstays like Liu Kang before?

Beth Cyra

_dementia said:
It wouldn't totally shock me. Haven't they gone without series mainstays like Liu Kang before?
Liu Kang was the winner of Mortal Kombat and mc sure, but be doesn't come close to Sub and Scorps popularity. For alot of people MK is Sub Zero and Scorpion

KevinCow

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Because the ninjas are popular. Fighting-GAF hates what's popular. Same reason shotos are hated in the SSFIV thread. I don't give a fuck and main Akuma and I'm going to main a ninja (Scorpion or Subs) in MK.

Street Fighter shotos suck because they all have the same damn move set. It gets kinda old when you're playing against the same fireball, uppercut, and spin kick characters half the time.

At least the MK ninjas play completely differently.

fernoca

_dementia said:
Is this from the live-action miniseries or whatever? How does he survive getting decapitated?
Series, less grounded in reality than the original short; more "fantasy" oriented.
The original short was just that, a test; to pitch to WB.

It will debut before the game, so the sooner the better. :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I dont know why anybody is shocked that a Mortal Kombat game has bad character design, thats like, their thing

Irish

Smoke looks awesome though. That shot is like an action shot. More than likely, his hair will hang straight down unless he is dashing or jumping. That's what the other render showed.

Top Bottom