• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition

DMczaf

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/535/535259p1.html

Each limited edition game will retail for $59.95 and will include an arcade-perfect version of the original Mortal Kombat. In addition, there will also be more than 40 minutes of bonus DVD video content which incorporates a "History of Mortal Kombat short film and exclusive biographical videos for all 25 playable characters. As an added bonus, each of the five different MK: Deception limited edition sets will also contain a serialized and embossed metal Kollector's Card created exclusively for that copy of the game.

mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043058078.jpg
mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043057171.jpg
mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043057406.jpg
mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043057625.jpg
mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043057812.jpg

DCX

DCX
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Arcade perfect MK, sweet! I guess Midway got my 59...bastards!

DCX

Anyanka

Ugh!! As an obsessive collector this is kind of bad news. I already was not too thrilled with the idea of buying Special Edition and regular for Xbox and special and regular for PS2...but now I just know I'll be really, really tempted to get all those boxarts.

There's no GC version.

Good question about the multiple boxarts for Xbox. It's also weird they have different names.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CVXFREAK said:
"Kollector"

Yuck.

Yeah, that kinda pissed me off as well.

I don't know, Deception is suppose to play a lot like Deadly Alliance...which I hated. Unless I hear great things about the other modes, I don't think I'll be interested.

And is there no Gamecube version? I didn't know Midway was going to do that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
NotMSRP said:
Why 1 for PS2 and 4 for Xbox?

Some type of hat made of money...

There is only the Sub Zero box for the PS2 for some reason...very odd. Bother the PS2 and Xbox version have the same features, but different names. Made the Xbox version gets it's name from the 3 extra box arts.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/535/535211p1.html

Mairu

mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043057812.jpg

This will be mine! People should stop whining... I'm glad we're finally starting to get lots of collector/special/limited edition versions of games. There is a market for them in America, you don't need to keep them in Japan :D

Stele

Holds a little red book
It's just stupid, worthless shit slapped on to inflate the price. Besides, it's Mortal Kombat.

DCX

DCX
Semjaza Azazel said:
The Raiden one is the only one I can look at without laughing, so I'll probably get that. MK Battle Chess, yay.
Why do people hate certain games if they're made by americans? Fighting games and RPGs. If it's made maerican it's like insta-hate + 100. Mortal Kombat is the only fighting game to break through and that's becuase of it's gimmick...take that away and it would have rested next to Pit Fighter. The import market has made sports games and yet i hear very little bitching from us towards them...very biased, i liked Tao Feng, i like Mortal Kombat and dammit, i liked Pit Fighter, USA all the way :)

DCX

thom

Who gives a shit...variant covers never worked for me in the comic book world they dont mean jack to me in the gaming world.

Arcade Perfect MK 1 would mean something to me if Midway Arcade Treasures 2 didn't already have MK 1-3.

Anyanka

That's interesting because the latest list for MAT2 only had MK II and 3....

The stuff included in the bundle isn't "worthless". I for one am hyped to see the history of movie(assuming it's a new one, not the one from DA) and the bios will be cool.

Stele

Holds a little red book
Anyanka said:
Ugh!! As an obsessive collector this is kind of bad news. I already was not too thrilled with the idea of buying Special Edition and regular for Xbox and special and regular for PS2...but now I just know I'll be really, really tempted to get all those boxarts.

Well, I guess there are people out there that collect cut toenails and scabs too.
---

No, I'm sorry, those extras are very much worthless. The only game documentary I ever saw was the Rogue Squadron ones, and I couldn't give a shit.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Is Midway Arcade Treasures 2 going to be $20 or $30 (or more)? It's exsistance nullifies the biggest selling point of these special edidtion MK: D.

Anyanka

Stele said:

Well, I guess there are people out there that collect cut toenails and scabs too.
---

No, I'm sorry, those extras are very much worthless. The only game documentary I ever saw was the Rogue Squadron ones, and I couldn't give a shit.

Yeah, we got it the first 3 times you trolled this thread.

MAT2 is 20 dollars.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Anyanka said:
That's interesting because the latest list for MAT2 only had MK II and 3....

The stuff included in the bundle isn't "worthless". I for one am hyped to see the history of movie(assuming it's a new one, not the one from DA) and the bios will be cool.
If the first Mk isn't in MAT2 then that's a recent change. The game was listed in the game's press release.

"Midway Arcade Treasures 2 features hundreds of hours of classic gameplay action from all-time arcade favorites including the blood-spurting intensity of Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat® II and Mortal Kombat® 3, the multiplayer collaboration of Gauntlet® 2, the drug-busting adventure of NARC and the no-holds-barred street fighting action of Pit Fighter™, just to name a few."

DCX said:
Why do people hate certain games if they're made by americans? Fighting games and RPGs. If it's made maerican it's like insta-hate + 100. Mortal Kombat is the only fighting game to break through and that's becuase of it's gimmick...take that away and it would have rested next to Pit Fighter. The import market has made sports games and yet i hear very little bitching from us towards them...very biased, i liked Tao Feng, i like Mortal Kombat and dammit, i liked Pit Fighter, USA all the way :)

DCX

I don't know about other people here, but none of my thousands of posts in my entire history here at GAF would go along with what you just said lol. That doesn't describe me or the attitude I had with that post I made.

If I hated the game that much I wouldn't be buying it. Most of my favorite games are for the PC and made by Americans. I don't give a shit where a game comes from.

Anyanka

JJConrad said:
If the first Mk isn't in MAT2 then that's a recent change. The game was listed in the game's press release.
"[/I]

Yeah, there's even pics of it and at E3 it was playable. But the latest poster for it just has II and 3.

DCX

DCX
Semjaza Azazel said:
I don't know about other people here, but none of my thousands of posts in my entire history here at GAF would go along with what you just said lol. That doesn't describe me or the attitude I had with that post I made.

If I hated the game that much I wouldn't be buying it. Most of my favorite games are for the PC and made by Americans. I don't give a shit where a game comes from.
The comment wasn't directed towards you, but you comment incited my thinking so i quoted it...i'm generalizing.

DCX

Ristamar

Ugh. Why give out an arcade perfect port of the original? It me may 100% faithful, but it'll still suck 100% ass. MK II would have been a much better choice.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
trippingmartian said:
No GC no sale. If I happen to pick up an Xbox one of these days then the Scorpion one is mine.

Better get to used to no GC fighters other than the import anime-based fighters like Naruto.

I'm happy with any of those covers, save for the Baraka one...WE TALL DEAD.

TheDiave

Banned
HEY SUB-ZERO, SHREDDER CALLED AND HE WANTS HIS WARDROBE BACK.
I concur.

Also agree with those who are saying MK2 should've been the freebie. I'm actually kinda curious if they're going to take MK1 out of the Arcade Treasures 2 in leui of these collector editions. I know MK1 isn't even mentioned on the box shots for MAT2.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Ristamar said:
Ugh. Why give out an arcade perfect port of the original? It me may 100% faithful, but it'll still suck 100% ass. MK II would have been a much better choice.

Agreed 100%. The hell kinda bone headed decisions are being made up there???

But here's what I don't get....so many replies in this thread and no one....NO ONE has raised the question.....

WILL MK1 HAVE LIVE PLAY???

That is what everyone should be asking!

Anyway I'm glad to see your so enthused about this game Anyanka. We hardly ever get to see a girl gamer so hardcore and passionate about a videogame franchise. We need more girl gamers in this forum to represent and spread the diversity here! :)

Anyanka

It's now official that MK1 is not in MAT 2. The latest press release hypes a "new lineup" and it's gone.

That is just so lame. It wouldn't be THAT bad if say, MK1 was replaced by UMK3, but to just take it out to hype another product is weaksauce.

God, I hope UMK3 is hidden in MAT2.

Top Bottom